Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Store bought antenna to use with baofeng t1 mini handy
Come on you lot, get posting some stuff..... Icon_minitimeToday at 8:29 am by chazwozza

» Hi new to this group just checkn in...
Come on you lot, get posting some stuff..... Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:47 pm by John123

» new call sign (Issued)
Come on you lot, get posting some stuff..... Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:42 pm by John123

» CT call sign request (Information requested)
Come on you lot, get posting some stuff..... Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:40 pm by John123

» CB antenna/ PMR antenna compatibility question.
Come on you lot, get posting some stuff..... Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:13 pm by Razz229

» Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net
Come on you lot, get posting some stuff..... Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:42 pm by Razz229

»  baofeng t1 mini handy users uk
Come on you lot, get posting some stuff..... Icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:59 pm by Izzi

» Antron 99 install loads of noise
Come on you lot, get posting some stuff..... Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:57 pm by micscave

» HF Contacts 15m
Come on you lot, get posting some stuff..... Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:11 am by VanRougeT4

Keywords
ss9900 supply meter ALINCO Sirio call 9900 power Mckinley lincoln software antenna Baofeng 6900 callsign list frequency 2022 yaesu sign anytone 2023 chart display Mobile president
QRZ Database

Come on you lot, get posting some stuff.....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

Come on you lot, get posting some stuff..... Empty
PostSubject: Come on you lot, get posting some stuff.....   Come on you lot, get posting some stuff..... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2023 10:04 am

Too often I see a very red "Victor" in the latest postings scrolling box to the left....(I know, I just can't shut up!)

OK, I know I handle call signs and stuff along with our very fine gentleman Gary Wilson (as well as do my best to answer any queries) but you can post too if you'd like.

Let us know what you're up to......

Any interesting radio contacts? 

Bought some new gear? 

Dug out some old gear? 

Built an antenna or even bought a new one and strapped it to the side of the house? 

Funny radio story? 

Maybe even a whine about certain radio stuff? 
  (But please keep it civil and don't be moaning about other groups of radio interests and especially not individuals.)

Pretty much anything you'd like although remembering it is a radio forum after all and as interesting as your train collection or other things may be there are other forums available for such stuff. Wink

If you're not sure where to put a post one us of very fine admins will happily move it but the 'General Chat' section is a good place to start. Remember if you need any help at all give a shout out on a posting where I'm sure many of the great CT members will happily assist.

So come on, it is enjoyable to see and hear what others are up to and I know that there are many lurkers, ahem, sorry readers out there so why not throw your voice into the CT melting pot for all to enjoy.

Just go to the section of the forum you think appropriate, hit that 'new topic' button and get typing.

Look forward to hearing from you. Come on you lot, get posting some stuff..... 1f44d 

All the best,
Victor

CT Admin

Sydthecat, GaryWilson, Razz229, Les-1, Cozzmik and 13oots2 like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: Come on you lot, get posting some stuff.....   Come on you lot, get posting some stuff..... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2023 10:53 am

Go on then i will start off but only a short one.
Sat in the shack playing with my new toy bought under the station commanders orders believe it or not.
Very much like the DX-10 but cut down slightly still it works nicely.
The one thing that keeps getting me is they moved the AF gain to the other side of the vfo.
And yes i will pull the plastic of the screen.(soon)..
Come on you lot, get posting some stuff..... New_to10

GaryWilson and Victor like this post

Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: Come on you lot, get posting some stuff.....   Come on you lot, get posting some stuff..... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2023 10:55 am

Wow picture makes the 10 look dirty bu it's not.
And there is a rubber mat well some of-cut left over from the shack rubber roof on top of the 10.

GaryWilson and Victor like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Come on you lot, get posting some stuff.....   Come on you lot, get posting some stuff..... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2023 2:03 pm

Lovely radios there Alan mate. Come on you lot, get posting some stuff..... 1f44d 

The 710 is obviously newer than the DX10 as it seems the moment new radios come out of their box, they instantly attract a bit of dust! (Photographs seem to make it look worse than it really is too.)

I blame all the modern black plastic nowadays as all my old dark grey, black/brown vintage stuff looks pristine compared to the other black stuff. (Even though I know it's all filthier after having my grubby mitts on them! Very Happy )

Good to see the Yaesu-710 and would be great to see how you get on with it and maybe some feedback for others interested in the same model. Doesn't have to be a  long typed full on report but a posting in the 'media' section with a thumbs up or down would be just the ticket.

Thanks for posting Alan, much appreciated. 
Although you've always been around on this forum since you got involved with Charlie Tango, helping, posting, etc. and always a pleasure to see.

All the best,
Victor

GaryWilson, Alan Pilot and 13oots2 like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Come on you lot, get posting some stuff.....   Come on you lot, get posting some stuff..... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2023 2:27 pm

I just realised why there's so many red "Victor's" on the scrolling box.....

Can't help myself in answering/adding to people's postings even if just to enthuse someone or thank them for their time and effort.

I won't feel so 'bad' about it now because it's great to see others postings, getting involved and often others are influenced by such. (Like Lynton's recent Delta Loop antenna project and many more examples besides.)

All awesome stuff. Come on you lot, get posting some stuff..... 1f44d

GaryWilson likes this post

Back to top Go down
Nightprowler
Nightprowler

Call Sign : 163TM186...MW6ETW
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : Abergavenny
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT757 GX2...Kenwood TS440S...Sirio GM

PostSubject: Re: Come on you lot, get posting some stuff.....   Come on you lot, get posting some stuff..... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2023 10:47 pm

OK fair enough, I do lurk around this forum but never really say anything. My bad.

Anyway, Im a dirty stinking 11M pirate  Very Happy who loves nothing more than working DX on SSB. Nothing better than pulling in some country that you have never worked before and I get to tick it off my list. I do have my foundation licence but I never use it. I moved house two years ago so I lost my old shack, Excuse to build a nice new shiny one out the back garden away from everyone. So im sat in here surrounded by all the toys I could not afford as a teenager. Kenwoods, Yaesu's etc plus all the classics, Cobras, Superstars etc and the garden looks like a hedgehog. Hmmm this is turning into a life story. Recently I have developed a nasty addiction, Capacitors!!! I just re-capped my Kenwood PS-430 power supply, My Realistic DX-160 receiver, My Sadelta echomaster plus and now my NAD 3020SE hi-fi amp, Whats next?  My other addiction is collecting boxed radios. I need help.

Ramble over...Rich  cheers

GaryWilson, Victor and Mavic2Pro like this post

Back to top Go down
peewee norfolk
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
peewee norfolk

Call Sign : 26-CT-4879 / M7PCA
Times Thanked : 8
QTH or Location : North Walsham, JO02QU
Equipment Used : FT1000MP !!!!!!binatone 5*,alinco dx10 135,sirio4000,silver rod,G5RV,beofeng 17 pro max, X30 duel 2m/70cm,full size G5RV, TS120v,soon new toy

PostSubject: Re: Come on you lot, get posting some stuff.....   Come on you lot, get posting some stuff..... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 22, 2023 9:23 pm

HEY ALAN !!!!!!!

dont you dare pull that screen protector off, !!!!!!!!
keep it on as long as you dare i love seeing old radios with them on !!!
the older the better
Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Come on you lot, get posting some stuff.....   Come on you lot, get posting some stuff..... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 31, 2023 1:55 pm

Today's achievement 2 days in the making.
Running Linux in Windows 10.
Dyslexia and command prompt stuff don't mix well but got there and still got hair left on my head.
Wanted HamClock for a long time even bought an old pc last year running Raspberry but couldn't get my head round that at all it's in the corner collecting dust lol.
Come on you lot, get posting some stuff..... Hamclo10

GaryWilson, glenn dog, Victor, SangueG and Mavic2Pro like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Come on you lot, get posting some stuff.....   Come on you lot, get posting some stuff..... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 31, 2023 3:19 pm

Well done Alan, looks just the ticket but I'll bet you had fun with those command prompts.
(I miss my old Linux machine as it did what I wanted not the other way around like Windoze!)

My laptop would probably fall over if I opened another window on it only just about managing my FT8 stuff, QRZ and of course good old CT.

glenn dog likes this post

Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Come on you lot, get posting some stuff.....   Come on you lot, get posting some stuff..... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 31, 2023 3:44 pm

Victor 
My plan B if i didn't get it to work was you lol.
I did remember you saying you ran that system some time ago and i was thinking of emailing you this morning but though i would have another go at it and i got it.
Now tomorrow morning will i get it to run again is the question.

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Simon467
Simon467

Call Sign : 26-CT-4727, M7EWO
Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Ipswich
Equipment Used : CB RADIO. 10, 6, 2, .7 meter Ham Radio

PostSubject: Easy Dipole / Wire adjustment method   Come on you lot, get posting some stuff..... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2023 1:17 pm

Hey Guys, my first post!

I put this together as an easy way to get the correct antenna length. I hang this from trees, house, caravan etc.

Easy use of a couple of elastic hook bungees and some plastic electric fence tensioners. Hang it up and adjust to the right length, I’ve put 5 cm markings along my wires, then fine tune for swr.

73’s Simon
CT4727

NB, not sure where the pics have gone

Last edited by Simon467 on Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Come on you lot, get posting some stuff.....   Come on you lot, get posting some stuff..... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2023 1:31 pm

Did you forget the picture Simon.
Back to top Go down
Simon467
Simon467

PostSubject: Re: Come on you lot, get posting some stuff.....   Come on you lot, get posting some stuff..... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2023 1:33 pm

I did the upload, might need some advice, uploading from iphone
Back to top Go down
Simon467
Simon467

PostSubject: Re: Come on you lot, get posting some stuff.....   Come on you lot, get posting some stuff..... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2023 1:34 pm

Come on you lot, get posting some stuff..... Img_5212
Come on you lot, get posting some stuff..... Img_5213

Et voila!

Victor and Alan Pilot like this post

Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Come on you lot, get posting some stuff.....   Come on you lot, get posting some stuff..... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2023 1:45 pm

Good idea.
What ae they and where from.
Can't help with the phone upload i do it from a pc and host the picture well i think that is the tab i click on.

Victor and Simon467 like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Come on you lot, get posting some stuff.....   Come on you lot, get posting some stuff..... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2023 6:22 am

Hi Simon,

Well done for persevering with the forum and posting up pictures of a handy bit of kit. Come on you lot, get posting some stuff..... 1f44d

As Alan mentions some further details may well come in handy for others wishing to utilise such a device. (Might be worth making a posting of your own within the 'media' or antenna discussion sections if you wish.)

Thanks for posting.

All the best,
Victor

Some great postings being made which is good to see but if you feel that others may also benefit from something mentioned then why not make a posting in suitable areas of the forum. Any of us guys on the admin team would only be too happy to help you decide where to post such stuff or even happily move it to an appropriate forum area if required. Look forward to hearing from you.

Simon467 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Simon467
Simon467

PostSubject: Re: Come on you lot, get posting some stuff.....   Come on you lot, get posting some stuff..... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2023 4:17 pm

Posted on the antenna forum👍

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Come on you lot, get posting some stuff.....   Come on you lot, get posting some stuff..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Come on you lot, get posting some stuff.....
Page 1 of 1