Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge League Table 2024
Survey - Please reply if you have time Icon_minitimeToday at 5:35 am by SangueG

» CT callsign please (Issued)
Survey - Please reply if you have time Icon_minitimeToday at 2:23 am by Pozerman1959

» EU conditions have started
Survey - Please reply if you have time Icon_minitimeToday at 2:19 am by babis3g

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
Survey - Please reply if you have time Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:25 pm by Sydthecat

» Siro Boomerang 27A
Survey - Please reply if you have time Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:28 am by FreqFreak

» Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net
Survey - Please reply if you have time Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:10 am by Razz229

» 11m conditions
Survey - Please reply if you have time Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 10:33 pm by babis3g

» Ten on 10m FM - event 20th April
Survey - Please reply if you have time Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 12:04 pm by SangueG

» END FED QUESTIONS ..
Survey - Please reply if you have time Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 1:00 am by VanRougeT4

Keywords
2022 sign meter power software Mckinley anytone list ALINCO 6900 lincoln callsign antenna ss9900 frequency Baofeng 9900 2023 Sirio yaesu president call display chart supply Mobile
QRZ Database

Survey - Please reply if you have time

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Firetrap
CT Directors
CT Directors
Firetrap

Call Sign : 26CT100
Times Thanked : 14
QTH or Location : North Yorkshire
Equipment Used : Emperor Shogun, Delta 318 Export, TYT380, Albrecht 2990AFS, SS3900

Survey - Please reply if you have time Empty
PostSubject: Survey - Please reply if you have time   Survey - Please reply if you have time Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2020 9:16 pm

1. What products do you buy on Amazon?

2. How often do you use Amazon to shop?

3. Would you consider buying the same items from Amazon but through the CT forum?

4. Name 3 desirable walkie talkies..

5. What is your preferred brand in terms of radios and antennas?

6. Do you own a website or have a social network page where you would be willing to display a link to CT or share link on Facebook? In return for a link back to your site or page from the CT forum?

7. Do you write articles or reviews? I am looking for a resident reviewer to publish exclusive articles on the forum. It could be more than one person even. You would be given your own section of the site to run.

8. Regarding the shout box. Who likes it and who does not? I personally hate it. What's your thoughts?

9. I am going to be transferring some posts from the old forum to this one. It's going to be done manually so it's a big job. Does anyone think a particular topic should be brought over?

Thanks for your time.

Lee
Back to top Go down
https://www.charlietango.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Survey - Please reply if you have time   Survey - Please reply if you have time Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2020 9:48 pm

1, Radio/Cb gear
2, I don't daughter does it for me
3, Yes if the price was the same or better
4, Yaesu, Icom, Boafeng
5, Yaesu,,, Any
6, No
7, Not as of yet
8, Shout box ?????
9, None

There you go Lee 73s
Back to top Go down
Firetrap
CT Directors
CT Directors
Firetrap

Equipment Used : Emperor Shogun, Delta 318 Export, TYT380, Albrecht 2990AFS, SS3900

PostSubject: Re: Survey - Please reply if you have time   Survey - Please reply if you have time Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2020 9:56 pm

Thanks.

In regards to buying from amazon through CT, the price would be same. The perk is that your given free postage on loads of items. Even big stuff
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Survey - Please reply if you have time   Survey - Please reply if you have time Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2020 10:00 pm

Sounds good to me, never could work out how to use Amazon
Back to top Go down
Pagan
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
Pagan

Call Sign : 26CT2069
Times Thanked : 22
QTH or Location : Pendle, Lancashire
Equipment Used : CRT-SS9900

PostSubject: Re: Survey - Please reply if you have time   Survey - Please reply if you have time Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2020 10:21 pm

1. None.....because they won't accept PayPal
2. Never (for above reason)
3. Maybe, depending on payment method/s
4. Yaesu, Icom, Motorola
5. Wire antennas (various types). Multimode radios (currently using CRT).
6. I don't "do" social media but I always leave a link to CTDX on radio-related videos on YouTube.
7. Maybe.....
8. Shout box...horrible (even the old Tapatalk one was better).
9. Articles about radio & antenna reviews seem to be most popular subjects.

Last edited by Pagan on Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Firetrap
CT Directors
CT Directors
Firetrap

PostSubject: Re: Survey - Please reply if you have time   Survey - Please reply if you have time Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2020 10:24 pm

Appreciate the input 😁
Back to top Go down
Mitch
Contributor
Contributor
Mitch

Call Sign : M1TCH
Times Thanked : 8
QTH or Location : Leicester
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-857D, Diamond V2000, Major 3000, President Jackson Mk1, Lafayette AFS-1005, K40 mic, KL203, B550P and Sirio GPE 27 ⅝λ.

PostSubject: Re: Survey - Please reply if you have time   Survey - Please reply if you have time Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2020 10:33 pm

1. As little as possible.
2. Very rarely.
3. Not unless I have to. I don't like Amazons business practices (exploiting the staff so the owner gets more money than anyone's ever going to need or use in a thousand lifetimes).
4. TYT TH-UV3R, Professional Radio PR-UV88, Baofeng BF888S.
5. Whatever works and is the right price and reliable. Not used enough different makes or models to make a judgement yet.
6. Not any more (used to run proxy network) and can't stand farcebook or any social media (I'm anti social, lol). I use radio, social media of the 80's.
7. Not tried, yet.
8. Never used it so couldn't say. Wouldn't miss it tbh.
9. Didn't like the old site so didn't visit a lot (OK, hardly ever).

But that's just me, nothing personal  Wink
Back to top Go down
Firetrap
CT Directors
CT Directors
Firetrap

PostSubject: Re: Survey - Please reply if you have time   Survey - Please reply if you have time Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2020 1:10 am

Cheers for the input mitch 👍
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: Survey - Please reply if you have time   Survey - Please reply if you have time Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2020 7:13 am

Hi Lee.
Don't know if this helps but I suppose any feedback is input Wink

1. Unfortunately none.
         (Had trouble with them after an unauthorised prime music subscription I didn't make! Cancelled my account.)

2. Again, none.
         (For the same reason as above.)

3. I'd happily rather buy through CT if I knew it would benefit the group.

4. Walkie talkie....desirable? Hee! Very Happy Sorry, have an Intek, (Baofeng). Looks fun, but pretty useless.

5. Yaesu, biased as I have one. Antennas? Luckily I can measure and cut my own pieces of wire.

6. Happily would if I had a site or actually used social media. Again, I'm not much help am I? I do tell people face to face.

7. Unfortunately again, no. But, I do enjoy reading reviews.

8. Shoutbox? Oh, the pesky box at the bottom that stops me scrolling to the latest topics when using my tablet? Nah, not a fan.

9. Not much flipping help am I? Only used the new forum. However I love reading through the posts so the more the merrier.

Like I said, not much help Lee. Sorry.
I do however use my Charlie Tango callsign with pride, tagged it in my Google signature and spread the word whenever I can.
Hopefully you get hold of people less useless than me.....and I'll support them as much as I can Smile

All the best,
Victor
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC

PostSubject: Re: Survey - Please reply if you have time   Survey - Please reply if you have time Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2020 10:09 am

We buy a number of items of Amazon.
None are radio we buy DVD/Blue Ray and the odd books.
Mark.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Survey - Please reply if you have time   Survey - Please reply if you have time Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Survey - Please reply if you have time
Page 1 of 1