Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Antenna Advice.....?
bm-800 studio microphone  Icon_minitimeToday at 5:12 am by Victor

» First dx in 40 plus years
bm-800 studio microphone  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:36 pm by John123

» 10m dxcc ......
bm-800 studio microphone  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:40 am by peewee norfolk

» Multimode mobile antenna
bm-800 studio microphone  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:36 am by peewee norfolk

» New member call sign request (Issued)
bm-800 studio microphone  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:03 am by Victor

» New call sign request (Issued)
bm-800 studio microphone  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 10:19 pm by John123

» Call Sign Request (Issued)
bm-800 studio microphone  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 6:37 pm by Jimnic333

» had a change around
bm-800 studio microphone  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 6:22 am by SangueG

» Back Again (Returning Member)
bm-800 studio microphone  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2024 8:34 pm by John123

Keywords
6900 Mobile frequency 2023 2022 Baofeng ss9900 anytone president software callsign Mckinley yaesu display antenna power sign 9900 meter lincoln Sirio call ALINCO chart supply list
QRZ Database

bm-800 studio microphone

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
skipmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Call Sign : 26-CT-1079
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : Walsall

bm-800 studio microphone  Empty
PostSubject: bm-800 studio microphone    bm-800 studio microphone  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2021 6:13 pm

hi has anyone used one of these on their icom 756 pro ? ive got an adonis on mine good audio reports but i heard a guy in sweden using this bm-800 and it sounded pretty good so has anyone ever used one on here at any time thanks 73's Mark
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: bm-800 studio microphone    bm-800 studio microphone  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2021 10:10 pm

Hi Mark,

I think you've already got a great mic there in the form of your Adonis but those BM-800's do look tempting for the cash. Wink

As far as I can tell they are badged under many brands but are pretty much just an electret condensor type microphone, (the mic element used in them).

They seem to be marked in a couple of different version including a 48 volt Phantom type but they actually have a zener diode in them to reduce the Phantom supply voltage rather than being a higher voltage element or pre-amp design. Electret type elements need a power supply but it's way lower than those sort of voltages.

They can also be a bit 'poppy' or boom a bit on bass response and most people that have success with them add some sort of pre-emphasis circuitry, (don't panic, usually it's just a resistor/capacitor combination!) I'm not sure if all the models come with such circuitry added to them but if it helps any here's a helpful Hams solution :-

http://www.w1aex.com/mic/mic.html

Aren't sharing Hams a great bunch. bm-800 studio microphone  1f44d 

I know our European cousins love playing with this sort of stuff and spoke to an Austrian CB station last year who happily explained his 'homemade' setup of an electret element glued into a plastic pipe then attached to a standard lamp fixing. His audio was actually amazing! Smile

Anyway, I hope that's of some help and maybe even help for anyone else reading this now or in the future.

As more questions are posted on Charlie Tango the database grows and hopefully helps others. bm-800 studio microphone  1f44d 

All the best,
Victor

skipmaster likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
skipmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Call Sign : 26-CT-1079
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : Walsall

PostSubject: Re: bm-800 studio microphone    bm-800 studio microphone  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2021 11:27 am

bm-800 studio microphone  1f44d thank you Victor i did use a studio mic on a yeasu ft 890 with a mixer with ok results but yes the bass was a little too much for some operators , you cant please everyone and with audio most people and different transceivers hear things differently im not going over the top on it the bm-8oo seemed a reasonable price to experiment 73's Mark

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: bm-800 studio microphone    bm-800 studio microphone  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2021 3:24 pm

No worries Mark.

There's no problem with people wanting a bit of audio clarity on their transmissions, I'm all for it.  bm-800 studio microphone  1f44d 

It's only when it gets pushed a bit too far and operators want to hog more bandwidth or cause splatter across the bands that it becomes an issue. There is only after all so much band space we all have to share! Smile

I agree with you though, at those prices it's definitely worth investigating and experimenting with.

Best of luck,
Victor
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bm-800 studio microphone    bm-800 studio microphone  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

bm-800 studio microphone
Page 1 of 1