Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Giving PMR 446 Another Whirl
Why so quiet in here Icon_minitimeToday at 6:48 am by SangueG

» New shack in operation.
Why so quiet in here Icon_minitimeToday at 6:45 am by SangueG

» Your Amateur station is unique....but just how good is it?
Why so quiet in here Icon_minitimeToday at 6:28 am by SangueG

» Galaxy Saturn modification ( -5khz )
Why so quiet in here Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:54 pm by John123

» Static/noise
Why so quiet in here Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:10 pm by John123

» President Himalaya wb half wave
Why so quiet in here Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:45 pm by John79

» South Coast PMR net report
Why so quiet in here Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:48 pm by Razz229

» 11m conditions
Why so quiet in here Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2024 10:50 pm by John123

» Gainmaster 5/8
Why so quiet in here Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2024 5:06 pm by madmax

Keywords
chart ss9900 meter 6900 Sirio president ALINCO call software 2023 9900 2024 Baofeng 2022 sign Mobile anytone display frequency callsign power yaesu lincoln antenna Mckinley list
QRZ Database

Why so quiet in here

Go down 
+4
John 68CT045
GaryWilson
Vendee85
Sgt Bilko
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Sgt Bilko
Major contributor
Major contributor
Sgt Bilko

Call Sign : 108 ct 302 - mm0ibe
Times Thanked : 17
QTH or Location : Prestonpans. East Lothian
Equipment Used : SS9900

Why so quiet in here Empty
PostSubject: Why so quiet in here   Why so quiet in here Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2019 8:59 pm

Is it quiet in here because the bands are quiet and nobody had anything to say or report.

Or is it some of you guys just can't be arsed because the site's a bit slow. Not Wi-Fi slow just admin slow.

Thoughts please.

Paul.
Back to top Go down
Vendee85
Contributor
Contributor

Call Sign : CT2201/FB855/UK164 + others
Times Thanked : 16
QTH or Location : Yeovil
Equipment Used : Yeasu FT891 MFJ Atu/Swr K40 Tankwhip x2 Mob whips 80/40/20

PostSubject: Re: Why so quiet in here   Why so quiet in here Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2019 9:29 pm

Hi. Paul.

I'm usually on line from 0930/2230 on here reading all posts &
chat from Newbies helping them get best out of hobby. I think
it's a combination of low prop (nothing to report) the WX! I can't
go uponthill atm. & last the forum doesn't inspire the Newbies.
Also the Qrm @ Qths is proving to be a big problem with RX. I
only go on 1 net a week now ( Homesteaders) on Wed's pm. I
used to be on 4/5 weekly ie. Southern FM/ SSB. MWN. ECN &
Sid's. etc. The low prop is a big factor I've seen 5 Hi's & lows
since I started in Radio '59. Good luck DX. 73's Mike.
Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
CT Directors
CT Directors
GaryWilson

Call Sign : 26-CT-1836 Ham 2E0GGQ
Times Thanked : 374
QTH or Location : Redcar, North Yorkshire.
Equipment Used : Radios & Wires & Stuff!

PostSubject: Re: Why so quiet in here   Why so quiet in here Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2019 6:43 am

Hi Paul & Mike, I think it's since we came to this forum. I don't think everyone's over here yet and with the problem issuing call signs new members aren't getting involved after joining, after all it's the call sign that makes you feel part of the Charlie Tango community!!! It would be nice if we could have an update from Lee or Craig.

73's Gary.
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/2E0GGQ
John 68CT045
Contributor
Contributor
John 68CT045

Call Sign : 68CT045
Times Thanked : 5
QTH or Location : Carrickfergus / Northern Ireland - UK
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT 450D - Superstar 6900V - Superstar 3900EL - Superstar 3900 EFT - Super Star 360FM - President George II - Ford Roadmaster 505 - Yaesu FRG 100 Reciever - Realistic Pro 2026 Scanner - Uniden UBC 370 Scanner - Cobra Marine DSC Band Radio

PostSubject: Re: Why so quiet in here   Why so quiet in here Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2019 11:34 am

GaryWilson wrote:
Hi Paul & Mike, I think it's since we came to this forum. I don't think everyone's over here yet and with the problem issuing call signs new members aren't getting involved after joining, after all it's the call sign that makes you feel part of the Charlie Tango community!!! It would be nice if we could have an update from Lee or Craig.

73's Gary.    

Totaly agree on this one, I personaly have returned to the air waves after a 30+ year break and was told about this group. So I looked into this group and learned it was established and a well knowen call sign to have. So I got my brother to sign up too, I have logged onto here everyday since 2nd September to see if I have my call sign and still none yet. So having a call sign is kinda like bragging (in a good way) in posting your call sign on the contacys you have made here on the forum.
Back to top Go down
https://oldschoolcb.forumotion.com/
Sgt Bilko
Major contributor
Major contributor
Sgt Bilko

PostSubject: Re: Why so quiet in here   Why so quiet in here Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2019 2:37 pm

Thanks for the reply guys. It was a question I threw out to everybody because this group used to be bouncing. The chat was always busy. Most of the guys that frequented these parts regularly, I spoke to on the radio when the skip / prop was there and they seem to have disappeared. Whether it's because of the solar low or just loss of interest I don't know. But what I do know is Owners / Moderators / Admin need to get this great site back up and running how it used to be. I know these guys have lives and family / work is a priority and 99% on here appreciate the effort they put in but if new operators can't even be allocated a call sign then they'll go elsewhere.

Paul
108 CT 302
Back to top Go down
Vendee85
Contributor
Contributor

Call Sign : CT2201/FB855/UK164 + others
Times Thanked : 16
QTH or Location : Yeovil
Equipment Used : Yeasu FT891 MFJ Atu/Swr K40 Tankwhip x2 Mob whips 80/40/20

PostSubject: Re: Why so quiet in here   Why so quiet in here Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2019 2:50 pm

Hi. Paul.

Check out Nik's post in Call-sign Directory re. Call-signs list's.
It'll explain all. If we want CT to survive we have to rally round
and help Craig & Lee the best we can. Good luck 73's Mike.
Back to top Go down
Sgt Bilko
Major contributor
Major contributor
Sgt Bilko

PostSubject: Re: Why so quiet in here   Why so quiet in here Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2019 4:07 pm

Cheers Mike. We all want the best for CT. It was my home page since 2011 but that changed due to the last forum we were on. Hope it goes back to how it was a few years back with good banter on all sections. And yes the F1 page will be missed but maybe come March 2020 Lee might add that section back IF the site is up and running properly by then Very Happy

Paul.
Back to top Go down
Leurbost2006
Leurbost2006

Call Sign : 108CT059
Times Thanked : 3
QTH or Location : Isle of Lewis
Equipment Used : Anytone at5555 v5:CRT Xenon: Homebrew Dipole/Loft mounted

PostSubject: Re: Why so quiet in here   Why so quiet in here Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2019 12:23 pm

It all seemed to change when the forum had the forced move to Tapatalk,hopefully with the new forum up and running and fingers crossed for some better prop it will pick up again,for me had to pack up my stuff indoors due to a lot of renovating so i have not been very active of late.
Back to top Go down
Northern Crusader
Major contributor
Major contributor

Call Sign : M0GVZ / 26CT1760
Times Thanked : 35
QTH or Location : IO94SA
Equipment Used : Icom 7300, TS480, President McKinley, Albrecht AE6110, CRT Mike

PostSubject: Re: Why so quiet in here   Why so quiet in here Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2019 6:02 pm

Sgt Bilko wrote:
Is it quiet in here because the bands are quiet and nobody had anything to say or report.

Or is it some of you guys just can't be arsed because the site's a bit slow. Not Wi-Fi slow just admin slow.

Thoughts please.

Paul.

I left when it all went to that Tapatalk or whatever it was rubbish. Don't want it, was a nightmare to use, didn't like being forced on it. Glad to see they've dumped it and gone back to traditional type forum so I'm back again.
Back to top Go down
richfr

Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Finistere France
Equipment Used : UV5r on PMR

PostSubject: Re: Why so quiet in here   Why so quiet in here Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2019 8:06 pm

I'm a new member looking for information and old posts to look through I just can’t find any. I thought the forum was dead then noticed you are between servers.
I think a lot of the old forum is lost for people like me, I can’t see it. A lot of what I am looking for am sure would be asked regularly.

Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
CT Directors
CT Directors
GaryWilson

Call Sign : 26-CT-1836 Ham 2E0GGQ
Times Thanked : 374
QTH or Location : Redcar, North Yorkshire.
Equipment Used : Radios & Wires & Stuff!

PostSubject: Re: Why so quiet in here   Why so quiet in here Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2019 8:15 pm

richfr wrote:
I'm a new member looking for information and old posts to look through I just can’t find any. I thought the forum was dead then noticed you are between servers.
I think a lot of the old forum is lost for people like me, I can’t see it. A lot of what I am looking for am sure would be asked regularly.

Hello Rich, we've had to start again from the ground up I'm afraid, It was the only way we could have complete control over the forum.

Please post any questions you have in the appropriate section and we'll do our best to help.

73's Gary.
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/2E0GGQ
richfr

Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Finistere France
Equipment Used : UV5r on PMR

PostSubject: Re: Why so quiet in here   Why so quiet in here Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2019 8:22 pm

GaryWilson wrote:
richfr wrote:

Hello Rich, we've had to start again from the ground up I'm afraid, It was the only way we could have complete control over the forum.

Please post any questions you have in the appropriate section and we'll do our best to help.

73's Gary.

Ok will do thanks.
Back to top Go down
stephen Gunrunner
Major contributor
Major contributor
stephen Gunrunner

Call Sign : 26CT526/MR021/M6XXX.
Times Thanked : 10
QTH or Location : wooler north northumberland or some were near it
Equipment Used : mobile 4000hp base A99 radio base magnum257hp mobile magnum 257 standed power

PostSubject: Re: Why so quiet in here   Why so quiet in here Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2019 2:14 pm

I am all ways on and at home to just the bands are quiet, but there has been some sparadic E and some great contacts to
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why so quiet in here   Why so quiet in here Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why so quiet in here
Page 1 of 1