Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
President Lincoln II advice Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:23 pm by Mr T

» gre 225 radio scanner
President Lincoln II advice Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:10 pm by rabbi

» crt ss 9900
President Lincoln II advice Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:21 pm by John123

» Διακριτικό κλήσεις ct (Issued)
President Lincoln II advice Icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:38 pm by Vasilis

» CT call sign (Issued)
President Lincoln II advice Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:25 am by Mike90

» Alinco DX-10 DAT file
President Lincoln II advice Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 9:30 pm by Alberto Rugarli

President Lincoln II advice Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 8:43 pm by stealth 57

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
President Lincoln II advice Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 8:13 pm by VanRougeT4

» Probably only ever buy 1/2 waves for 10m and 11m
President Lincoln II advice Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 1:39 pm by FreqFreak

Keywords
Baofeng sign chart 6900 display yaesu frequency 2023 supply Mobile 2022 meter Mckinley anytone ss9900 software antenna president list ALINCO callsign 9900 power Sirio call lincoln
QRZ Database

President Lincoln II advice

Go down 
+2
Alan Pilot
welshwizard1971
6 posters
AuthorMessage
welshwizard1971

Call Sign : 26-CT-4402
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Southampton
Equipment Used : Mobile 10m / CB

President Lincoln II advice Empty
PostSubject: President Lincoln II advice   President Lincoln II advice Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2022 7:10 am

Got a new widebanded Lincoln yesterday, proving to be sooo much more user friendly than the McKinley that wound me up, but there's one thing I'm finding maddening,  the frequency change. You change the frequency with the main dial, and choose which digit to change by clicking the dial, but it changes digits in reverse order? So, if I want to go to 27.765, I have to enter the digits in reverse so 5 6 7 7 2, I'm forever having to double check what I'm doing as I can't reverse it in my head apparantly lol anybody know if that can be changed to the more logical way round so it changes digits in the order you remember them?
Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: President Lincoln II advice   President Lincoln II advice Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2022 9:08 am

Never thought about it but i don't think you can.
Not used mine for some time now but i just got used to doing it my way changing one digit at a time then just underlining the one to jump 10kc at a time.

VanRougeT4 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: President Lincoln II advice   President Lincoln II advice Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2022 9:13 am

Hi Darren,

Doesn't the frequency change just move the cursor each time you click the dial?

I'm sure that each click just moves the little black bar under whatever digit you want and then you dial in that particular digit. The frequency numbers still stay on screen so that you can see what you're changing.

Is it just the fact that the cursor moves right to left?
When you tune a VFO dial on say a HF set it's the lower digit numbers of the frequency that obviously move first so I can only assume that's why they have that convention or standard. Although obviously typing in frequencies would stick to the usual English left to right written form.

I'm not sure as I don't have that particular radio but have seen one in use.

Perhaps as the radio is new to you there are operational doubts as it can take some time to learn the 'quirks' of some radios. 

Anyway, best I can suggest but hopefully there's others here who own that particular model that may be able to give more insight or operational usage tips. President Lincoln II advice 1f44d 

Just trying my best to help. Smile

All the best,
Victor
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
welshwizard1971

Call Sign : 26-CT-4402
QTH or Location : Southampton
Equipment Used : Mobile 10m / CB

PostSubject: Re: President Lincoln II advice   President Lincoln II advice Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2022 9:31 pm

Yeah, its just the fact to change the frequency it reads right to left which is just frustrating lol I'm one of those people that gets fixated on design details, some details I I find really pleasing, shows somebody who really understood the product and priduct whilst, others like our Bissel carpet cleaner do my head in, good machine but for literally no extra cost it could be really easy to use, but instead....
Back to top Go down
MJRTom

Call Sign : 26-CT-5055
QTH or Location : North Solihull
Equipment Used : President George 2 Antron 99

PostSubject: Re: President Lincoln II advice   President Lincoln II advice Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2024 2:40 pm

Hi, I have this radio and I agree it is irritating moving right to left, not user friendly at all. Its the same on the George 2.

Mavic2Pro likes this post

Back to top Go down
skyrider
Major contributor
Major contributor

Call Sign : 26-CT-4654
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : Preston, Lancs.
Equipment Used : UNIDEN 100, midland alan 78 plus multi + mag mount , silver rod

PostSubject: Re: President Lincoln II advice   President Lincoln II advice Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2024 7:39 pm

president's have always seemed awkward to operate even 20 years ago if you had an adams they were always on a different channel than everyone else  Neutral
Back to top Go down
VanRougeT4
Contributor
Contributor
VanRougeT4

Call Sign : 14-CT-019 - G1DBS
Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Montreuil sur Mer
Equipment Used : XIEGU G90 - President Lincoln 2 +

PostSubject: Re: President Lincoln II advice   President Lincoln II advice Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2024 9:01 pm

The Lincoln 2 is a 10 & 12m ham rig (yes, I know it can be expanded for 11m, I've done that) and most hams will concentrate on a particular portion of each band; eg 28300 to 29000 for SSB. It's far more convenient to manually 'scan' a portion of the band in 10khz steps, then click the knob once to tune by one khz if a station heard is off by a few khz. It's not about dialling in a particular frequency, it's simply ease of use when manually 'scanning' each portion of the band in use.

Deb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: President Lincoln II advice   President Lincoln II advice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

President Lincoln II advice
Page 1 of 1