Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» NATO 2000 Restoration
noise - MFJ 1026 Deluxe Noise Canceling Signal Enhancer Icon_minitimeToday at 7:30 pm by micscave

» New Member (Issued)
noise - MFJ 1026 Deluxe Noise Canceling Signal Enhancer Icon_minitimeToday at 4:30 pm by Mr T

» Help needed
noise - MFJ 1026 Deluxe Noise Canceling Signal Enhancer Icon_minitimeToday at 3:28 pm by GaryWilson

» New member introduction. (Issued)
noise - MFJ 1026 Deluxe Noise Canceling Signal Enhancer Icon_minitimeToday at 3:19 pm by stealth 57

» Request for CT Callsign (Issued)
noise - MFJ 1026 Deluxe Noise Canceling Signal Enhancer Icon_minitimeToday at 3:11 pm by GaryWilson

» what was your first radio and antenna
noise - MFJ 1026 Deluxe Noise Canceling Signal Enhancer Icon_minitimeToday at 11:13 am by stealth 57

» Anytone 6667
noise - MFJ 1026 Deluxe Noise Canceling Signal Enhancer Icon_minitimeToday at 10:10 am by Razz229

» CB Radio Featured in Film and Tv
noise - MFJ 1026 Deluxe Noise Canceling Signal Enhancer Icon_minitimeToday at 9:41 am by Razz229

» South Coast PMR net report
noise - MFJ 1026 Deluxe Noise Canceling Signal Enhancer Icon_minitimeToday at 8:14 am by Razz229

Keywords
sign 2023 president display Baofeng Mckinley ss9900 lincoln antenna meter supply callsign software 9900 ALINCO list chart Sirio power frequency yaesu call Mobile 2022 anytone 6900
QRZ Database

MFJ 1026 Deluxe Noise Canceling Signal Enhancer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
13oots2
Major contributor
Major contributor

Call Sign : 26-CT-4694, M7EUS
Times Thanked : 14
QTH or Location : Dorchester UK
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT950, 66FT Endfed Antenna, Various Other Bits and Pieces

noise - MFJ 1026 Deluxe Noise Canceling Signal Enhancer Empty
PostSubject: MFJ 1026 Deluxe Noise Canceling Signal Enhancer   noise - MFJ 1026 Deluxe Noise Canceling Signal Enhancer Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2023 8:25 am

Since my rekindled interest in CB about 2 months ago, I have been plagued by high noise levels. Initially I bought a cheap Chinese QRM Noise Eliminator and that seemed quite effective, more on that later.

Just before Christmas, I had enough pennies to buy the MFJ 1026, that arrived a couple of days ago. After wiring it all in, I set about trying to knock out the noise, I was not impressed at all. There is a button that is supposed to change the frequency from low to high, with anything over 7-12mHz being the high position. Am not sure if this button is wired in reverse, but I changed it to the out position, low frequency and had a massive drop in noise levels. Then I set about tweaking the 1026 by balancing the antenna gain and rotating the phase knob. Noise levels have now dropped from a steady S7 to S2-3 and signals seem a lot clearer too.

In comparison to the cheap Chinese eliminator it seems to me to work much better and am convinced the Chinese model attenuates the whole signal rather than using phase to knock out the noise levels. It was possible to use one setting with the Chinese unit for all bands, whereas the MFJ requires tweaking each time you switch bands, bit of a faff, but the results are worth it.

In conclusion, the MFJ is expensive yet being able to use my transceiver is well worth the cost. It has a built-in RF sensing circuit for transmit that MFJ recommend you do not use, instead you should wire up for PTT, that I can live with.

GaryWilson, rabbi and Ivy Mike like this post

Back to top Go down
Ivy Mike
Major contributor
Major contributor
Ivy Mike

Call Sign : 26CT4113/G1HWY
Times Thanked : 12
QTH or Location : IO90uv
Equipment Used : ICOM radios/antenna farm

noise - MFJ 1026 Deluxe Noise Canceling Signal Enhancer Empty
PostSubject: Re: MFJ 1026 Deluxe Noise Canceling Signal Enhancer   noise - MFJ 1026 Deluxe Noise Canceling Signal Enhancer Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2023 12:55 pm

i gather getting the sensing antenna correct makes all the difference.

Have not got one of these so cannot confirm that.
Back to top Go down

MFJ 1026 Deluxe Noise Canceling Signal Enhancer
Page 1 of 1