Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Request for CT Callsign
AI Noise Reduction Icon_minitimeToday at 11:39 am by Jim101

» what was your first radio and antenna
AI Noise Reduction Icon_minitimeToday at 11:13 am by stealth 57

» Anytone 6667
AI Noise Reduction Icon_minitimeToday at 10:10 am by Razz229

» CB Radio Featured in Film and Tv
AI Noise Reduction Icon_minitimeToday at 9:41 am by Razz229

» crt ss 9900
AI Noise Reduction Icon_minitimeToday at 8:52 am by stealth 57

» South Coast PMR net report
AI Noise Reduction Icon_minitimeToday at 8:14 am by Razz229

» Help needed
AI Noise Reduction Icon_minitimeToday at 5:13 am by Numenius

AI Noise Reduction Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:23 pm by Mr T

» gre 225 radio scanner
AI Noise Reduction Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:10 pm by rabbi

Keywords
Sirio software callsign lincoln frequency chart supply sign 2022 yaesu antenna anytone 2023 meter 6900 display power ALINCO ss9900 9900 Baofeng call president list Mckinley Mobile
QRZ Database

AI Noise Reduction

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SangueG
Major contributor
Major contributor
SangueG

Call Sign : 26-CT-3971 / 2E0LMI
Times Thanked : 68
QTH or Location : Cirencester, Gloucestershire
Equipment Used : Little radios, home-made antennas

AI Noise Reduction Empty
PostSubject: AI Noise Reduction   AI Noise Reduction Icon_minitimeSat Sep 02, 2023 10:22 pm

I am sure anyone who suffers with unwanted noise on receive and is a little tech-savvy, will be interested in this. The video was based at ham users, but I see no reason why CB or other users can't try it out, as long as you can get an audio out to your PC via an extension speaker or headphone jack.

The filtered audio in the demo is comparable to my BHI DSP NES10-2 MK4 speaker output. Some might not like the slightly artificial sound at the highest processing level, but if you're chasing weak DX, DSP processing can make the difference between hearing a station or not. So worth a try, no?

The Station Master platform mentioned in the video is not required, but if you want to use that too it is free to join up and open to CB users and Hams.

Les-1 and Victor like this post

Back to top Go down
https://station-master.online/2E0LMI
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

AI Noise Reduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: AI Noise Reduction   AI Noise Reduction Icon_minitimeSun Sep 03, 2023 6:30 am

Interesting stuff there Neal and thanks for posting up. AI Noise Reduction 1f44d 
(Something I haven't come across before.)

I shall investigate further and maybe have a play later. Smile

I do now have a radio with DSP features and try as I might I still find the old ear & brain seems to work better especially if the signal is buried in the noise. DSP seems great for those signals above the noise but when in the noise tends to become a garbled mess unless I run the minimum of DSP. Will be interesting to see if this software works any better.

Do you know if there is a big latency/delay involved with this?

Either way, worth a play and as you say it could help the CB DX'ers out there whose radios are bereft of such functionality.
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
SangueG
Major contributor
Major contributor
SangueG

AI Noise Reduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: AI Noise Reduction   AI Noise Reduction Icon_minitimeMon Sep 04, 2023 1:45 pm

In the video Stu says there is a 200ms delay, which isn't bad compared to some web SDRs. Whether the delay will worsen with more traffic, I have no idea.

I downloaded and installed the software yesterday and mailed the creator to obtain login details. I thought it might take a long while to hear back seeing as it was a weekend and the product having some publicity, but he mailed back the same day.

Once I've worked out the correct setting on the radio to get SSB audio into the PC, I'll give this a go and check out the latency myself.

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
SangueG
Major contributor
Major contributor
SangueG

AI Noise Reduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: AI Noise Reduction   AI Noise Reduction Icon_minitimeTue Sep 05, 2023 1:53 pm

Left it running for a while last night just using the filter as it is, which no recording to learn from by me. The audio was very good, did a great job. I would say just as good as my BHI speaker. A good thing about it is that it has a sliding control, where as the BHI speaker just has 8 pre-sets.

The worst delay I saw was 0.483ms. Averaged between 0.150 and 0.250ms. I've just seen another video HERE by M7BCN which a trial by him. His delay is a lot less than mine was, I guess better internet than me, but audio seemed a bit over processed to me in the vid and I struggled to make out everything that was said even though the noise was very much cleared up. Maybe he'll get better results when he has fed the AI with his noise so it can learn.

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

AI Noise Reduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: AI Noise Reduction   AI Noise Reduction Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AI Noise Reduction
Page 1 of 1