Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» what was your first radio and antenna
Time is running out Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:48 pm by K4RLMORG4N

» Callsign Request
Time is running out Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:41 pm by K4RLMORG4N

» Eastbourne weekly FM net
Time is running out Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:12 pm by spurs dazza47

» call sign
Time is running out Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:30 pm by haridas

» happy to be onboard
Time is running out Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:28 pm by haridas

» happy to be onboard
Time is running out Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:27 pm by haridas

» happy to be onboard
Time is running out Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:25 pm by haridas

» Callsign request
Time is running out Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:19 pm by Dogma

» Gettin a CT call sign (Information Requested)
Time is running out Icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:12 pm by Victor

Keywords
2023 power sign yaesu 9900 anytone president chart 2022 supply software 2011 display Sirio meter call antenna ALINCO callsign lincoln 6900 2024 list ss9900 Mckinley frequency
QRZ Database

Time is running out

Go down 
+3
stephen Gunrunner
26TC62
time machine
7 posters
AuthorMessage
time machine
time machine

Call Sign : MW6OXV
Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Wales
Equipment Used : FTDX1200

Time is running out Empty
PostSubject: Time is running out   Time is running out Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 12:06 pm

For all that wish to start in amateur radio ie get their foundation license time is running out before it will get a little more difficult. I believe from the start of September the foundation course will include some subjects from the intermediate license hence a little more difficult from then on. This also applies to the intermediate license as well with some subjects from the full will be included in this. The introduction more based on digital will also be put into affect altering the courses.
Steve.
Back to top Go down
26TC62
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
26TC62

Call Sign : 26TC62, 26CT2817
Times Thanked : 29
QTH or Location : Portsmouth
Equipment Used : Yaesu 891, 10m pole, wire 5/8, T2LT

PostSubject: Re: Time is running out   Time is running out Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 2:46 pm

It doesn't look a lot more difficult though at Foundation and Intermediate, and from what I hear on the air the difficulty is mostly for clubs and trainers. It seems some are dropping out, or won't be able to immediately support the new syllabus. Bring back the RAE Wink
Back to top Go down
time machine
time machine

Call Sign : MW6OXV
Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Wales
Equipment Used : FTDX1200

PostSubject: Re: Time is running out   Time is running out Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2019 12:43 pm

Yes, you are quite correct with a lot of clubs and trainers now ceasing to support the new syllabus. This is a damn shame as this is surely going to discourage many.
Back to top Go down
stephen Gunrunner
Major contributor
Major contributor
stephen Gunrunner

Call Sign : 26CT526/MR021/M6XXX.
Times Thanked : 11
QTH or Location : wooler north northumberland or some were near it
Equipment Used : mobile 4000hp base A99 radio base magnum257hp mobile magnum 257 standed power

PostSubject: Re: Time is running out   Time is running out Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2019 12:00 pm

But why make it harder this has been coming for along time,
it will either make no diff to the exam or put people off , has this been proposed
by some that hate the m6s as its to easy are is supposed put them off, I can
not think its for the good of the hobby
Back to top Go down
Fat Paul
Fat Paul

Call Sign : 26CT3128
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Berwick-upon-Tweed
Equipment Used : SS9900, Megawatt 4000, Antron 99

PostSubject: Re: Time is running out   Time is running out Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2019 10:13 pm

Yeah I start my foundation course in September and my exam is in October and yes my course includes about 25% more material than the previous foundation course. I always leave things to late lol. Looking forward to the course but very nervous, I'm new to C.B. never mind amateur radio. Hope you are well Gunner, I'm in Berwick.
Back to top Go down
stephen Gunrunner
Major contributor
Major contributor
stephen Gunrunner

Call Sign : 26CT526/MR021/M6XXX.
Times Thanked : 11
QTH or Location : wooler north northumberland or some were near it
Equipment Used : mobile 4000hp base A99 radio base magnum257hp mobile magnum 257 standed power

PostSubject: Re: Time is running out   Time is running out Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2019 2:21 pm

yes it might get harder but read the book do the study bit and you will be ok
I see you live in Berwick upon tweed Paul as you can see that I live in Wooler
so in this area that's 3 breakers on , hope one day to contact you and I use 70cm never bother with
2m, and pmr and all othere freqs from 25mhz to 28 + MHz and 10m when the conditions
allow take care stick and read the book you will pass 73s
Back to top Go down
The Old Hobbit
The Old Hobbit

Call Sign : M6 KVK
QTH or Location : Aldershot
Equipment Used : Mil manpack PRC320, FT 450D, FT 817ND, FT8800, Varity of HT,s

PostSubject: Re: Time is running out   Time is running out Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2019 8:12 pm

I passed my Foundation a few years back and for a Tech-Turd like me I didn't find it too difficult but it did take a little study. I am not sure if I want to progress to the intermediate as I generally get what I need from my 10w allowance. I love portable QRP and with my home brew resonant antennas I manage to get out well enough. Some of the others in our club give me some stick about remaining an M6 and my measly 10w, but I just tell them that having more power is no substitute for skill Razz
Back to top Go down
Enginehouse

Call Sign : 26CT2812
QTH or Location : Peterborough
Equipment Used : CB & Ham radio and full spec electronics workshop

PostSubject: Re: Time is running out   Time is running out Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2019 5:10 pm

26TC62 wrote:
It doesn't look a lot more difficult though at Foundation and Intermediate, and from what I hear on the air the difficulty is mostly for clubs and trainers. It seems some are dropping out, or won't be able to immediately support the new syllabus. Bring back the RAE Wink

Such courage should definitely be rewarded. Over an eight/nine year period we managed to get a lot of amateurs on the bands purely with a mainly postal course and a bit of computer coms work. Both full RAE and Novice RAE. I also managed to get some junior school kids on air with a lot of after school classes. I only tried this once but they all got through. Then the dreaded RSGB decided in their wisdom (???) to develop the current system and we gave up teaching the courses altogether. If nothing else, teaching the kids taught me that schoolteachers must be close to saints.

Roy H
Back to top Go down
Silverbone

QTH or Location : Southport
Equipment Used : Baofeng UV-5R

PostSubject: Re: Time is running out   Time is running out Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2019 7:19 pm

I am trying to take my foundation exam as soon as I can but with work and everything the only time I can do it is weekends and not a lot of places around me do the course at weekends.
Back to top Go down
Enginehouse

Call Sign : 26CT2812
QTH or Location : Peterborough
Equipment Used : CB & Ham radio and full spec electronics workshop

PostSubject: Re: Time is running out   Time is running out Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2019 8:50 pm

Well the very best of luck with your efforts Silverbone. It's not easy to find all of the time that is needed for various hobbies but can be well,worth the efforts in the end.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time is running out   Time is running out Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time is running out
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: The Amateur Lounge :: Training and Qualifications-
Jump to: