Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
request - New Member Intro and Callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:49 pm by SangueG

» CW sidesweeper, new project
request - New Member Intro and Callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:13 pm by karelgol

» Swedish Repeater on Ch20 Mid
request - New Member Intro and Callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:29 pm by Vasilis

» CRT SS 9900 V4
request - New Member Intro and Callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:57 am by babis3g

» Moved from Introductions
request - New Member Intro and Callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 11:43 pm by babis3g

» Mr Macmillan (Information requested)
request - New Member Intro and Callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 11:07 pm by John123

» Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net
request - New Member Intro and Callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 8:52 pm by Razz229

» New member (Issued)
request - New Member Intro and Callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 7:43 pm by GaryWilson

» 27.555 usb from a longwire
request - New Member Intro and Callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 1:45 pm by stephen Gunrunner

Keywords
list frequency antenna Sirio 2023 lincoln call supply power yaesu ss9900 sign 2022 9900 6900 Mobile callsign Baofeng president Mckinley software meter chart ALINCO display anytone
QRZ Database

New Member Intro and Callsign request (Issued)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mjc

Call Sign : 29-CT-081
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Dublin, Ireland
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT857 ND Yaesu FT710

request - New Member Intro and Callsign request (Issued) Empty
PostSubject: New Member Intro and Callsign request (Issued)   request - New Member Intro and Callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2024 4:43 pm

Hi,
I would like to introduce myself.
I am Mark and I live in 29 Division in Dublin although I spend alot of time over in 26 Divison. I lived in Watford Herts for 15 years. 
During my last few year I took the Foundation licence and have an M6 Call sign.
I am currently on 11 Meters and love it.It all started for me ack in the earky 90s with a basic 40 chanel CB and then moved to the President Lincoln for my first DXing experience, and here I am back at it.
I also enjoy monitoring the HF bands and VHF/UHF.

I hope yo talk to you over the air

Mark

Red Rooster LN-4614 likes this post

Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
CT Directors
CT Directors
GaryWilson

Call Sign : 26-CT-1836 Ham 2E0GGQ
Times Thanked : 350
QTH or Location : Redcar, North Yorkshire.
Equipment Used : Radios & Wires & Stuff!

PostSubject: Re: New Member Intro and Callsign request (Issued)   request - New Member Intro and Callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2024 5:31 pm

Hello Mark, welcome to the CTDX group.

Can you clarify, in you introduction you state that you live in Dublin 29 division however in your profile you have put Crumlin which is in 68 division Northern Ireland. You also hold an M6 foundation licence which leads me to feel you require a 68 division call sign.

Once clarified we'll get you sorted out with a call sign.

Best 73 Gary.

C.T. Admin.
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/2E0GGQ
mjc

PostSubject: Re: New Member Intro and Callsign request (Issued)   request - New Member Intro and Callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2024 6:43 pm

GaryWilson wrote:
Hello Mark, welcome to the CTDX group.

Can you clarify, in you introduction you state that you live in Dublin 29 division however in your profile you have put Crumlin which is in 68 division Northern Ireland. You also hold an M6 foundation licence which leads me to feel you require a 68 division call sign.

Once clarified we'll get you sorted out with a call sign.

Best 73 Gary.

C.T. Admin.
Hi Gary, 

Thank you for our help.
I live in Crumlin Dublin Ireland 29 Divison. This is where I operate from.
I just mentioned the M6 etc as background info.

Thanks 

Mark

GaryWilson and Victor like this post

Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
CT Directors
CT Directors
GaryWilson

Call Sign : 26-CT-1836 Ham 2E0GGQ
Times Thanked : 350
QTH or Location : Redcar, North Yorkshire.
Equipment Used : Radios & Wires & Stuff!

PostSubject: Re: New Member Intro and Callsign request (Issued)   request - New Member Intro and Callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2024 9:16 pm

Hi Mark, thanks for clarifying.

I've replied to your PM so won't repeat myself but myself or Victor the other call sign guy will get you sorted out tomorrow.

Best 73 Gary.

C.T. Admin.

Victor and mjc like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/2E0GGQ
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

Call Sign : 26CT763
Times Thanked : 148
QTH or Location : Manchester
Equipment Used : Optima, Superstar 360fm, Stalker 9fdx, President Jack

PostSubject: Re: New Member Intro and Callsign request (Issued)   request - New Member Intro and Callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2024 11:22 pm

Hello and welcome, Mark.

73s John.

mjc likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: New Member Intro and Callsign request (Issued)   request - New Member Intro and Callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2024 6:30 am

Hi Mark,

Welcome to Charlie Tango DX.

I'll get you issued a call sign for your home QTH being a 29 division but if you DX from other locations it's always handy to know that you can add an additional country prefix to the start of your call sign.

I am delighted to allocate you 29-CT-081 may you have good luck with it.

All the best,
Victor

CT Admin.

In the example I mentioned you could add 68/29CT081 if transmitting from Northern Ireland or even 26/29CT081 if transmitting from the UK or indeed any country you may be holidaying/travelling in with radio equipment. This allows the use of your unique call sign recorded with us but at any location other than your home QTH which conveniently saves using multiple call sign numbers and assists the DX station you are in contact with. Good luck, good DX and 73's. request - New Member Intro and Callsign request (Issued) 1f44d
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
mjc

PostSubject: Re: New Member Intro and Callsign request (Issued)   request - New Member Intro and Callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2024 9:17 am

Good morning,

Thank you very much for this.

Regards,

Mark
29-CT-081

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Member Intro and Callsign request (Issued)   request - New Member Intro and Callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Member Intro and Callsign request (Issued)
Page 1 of 1