Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Which handheld
CRT space U/ space V Icon_minitimeToday at 10:52 am by GhostRider

» Activity around Portsmouth UK
CRT space U/ space V Icon_minitimeToday at 10:48 am by GhostRider

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
CRT space U/ space V Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:49 pm by SangueG

» CW sidesweeper, new project
CRT space U/ space V Icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:13 pm by karelgol

» Swedish Repeater on Ch20 Mid
CRT space U/ space V Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:29 pm by Vasilis

» CRT SS 9900 V4
CRT space U/ space V Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:57 am by babis3g

» Moved from Introductions
CRT space U/ space V Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 11:43 pm by babis3g

» Mr Macmillan (Information requested)
CRT space U/ space V Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 11:07 pm by John123

» Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net
CRT space U/ space V Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 8:52 pm by Razz229

Keywords
antenna Sirio ALINCO 6900 software meter supply anytone Mckinley chart lincoln ss9900 2022 callsign display list Mobile call sign Baofeng power frequency yaesu 9900 2023 president
QRZ Database

CRT space U/ space V

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Banjoboy

Call Sign : 108-CT-371
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Kirriemuir Angus
Equipment Used : Midland Alan 42 ds midland 48 pro sirio PL5000 fighter

CRT space U/ space V Empty
PostSubject: CRT space U/ space V   CRT space U/ space V Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2024 1:41 pm

Sorry if silly question but been reading conflicting info and prob over complicating myself but very interested in getting a crt space u seen lots of vids and reviews but Do you need a licence to use these? 
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: CRT space U/ space V   CRT space U/ space V Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2024 4:12 pm

Hi Greg,

If it's not a UHF 'walkie-talkie' or handheld device with equal to or less than 500mW (0.5 Watt) RF output with a fixed or non-removable antenna then it needs a licence. (PMR446 regulations.)

Pretty much simple as that really. 

See Ofcom for further details but be warned you'd have to fair old wade your way through a lot of documentation. (Probably why so many 'Chinese-Whisper' info to each other.)

Of course there'll be those that profess 'knowledge' about everyone using them, not to worry about it, no one's gonna get caught, etc. etc. Up to you in the end really without a leg to stand on if you are ever caught.

Usual disclaimer applies as in I am not a qualified legal expert, offering no legal advice whatsoever, only assisting with where you can find out further information for yourself.

When searching Ofcom for answers look for "PMR446" and "IR2030 Licence Exempt Short Range Devices or SRD's.)

Manufacturers and suppliers are supposed to provide relevant information for the country they are sold in and their regulations.....some do, others don't.

So up to you in the end.

I'll await the hordes exclaiming quite the opposite but seeing the lacklustre state of the forum recently I won't hold my breath. (Although it might make a few peer from under their rocks. Very Happy )

They are great radios for cheap VHF/UHF Amateur Radio use on appropriate licenced frequencies but dual band versions are just as cheap and of course there's a lot better stuff out there for Amateur use.

Not much help was I Greg? 
(Let's just say PMR can be a lot of fun if there's like minded individuals in radio range. Wink )

All the best,
Victor

Razz229 and Banjoboy like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Banjoboy

Call Sign : 108-CT-371
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Kirriemuir Angus
Equipment Used : Midland Alan 42 ds midland 48 pro sirio PL5000 fighter

PostSubject: Re: CRT space U/ space V   CRT space U/ space V Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2024 4:27 pm

Hi Victor

Thank you very much for taking time to help and all the great info!
Been into cbs on and off and scanners since I was about 11 always dabbled on and off but been getting back into it again more seriously (40) last month
PMR was something I’ve been curious about recently, will look into dual band etc to, I liked the idea of the space u as not very expensive if ends up sitting in a drawer lol
Thanks again
All the best
Greg

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: CRT space U/ space V   CRT space U/ space V Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2024 5:34 pm

No worries there Greg. CRT space U/ space V 1f44d 

All this radio malarkey is a lot of fun though isn't it! Smile

I've had my fair share dabble with most things radio over the decades (flipping old git) although the big push "8@8" (channel 8 PMR Sundays @ 8pm) didn't herald me much in the way of results down my neck of the woods. Saying that our Ray does hold a good regular PMR net down on the south coast :-

https://charlietangodxgroup.forumotion.com/t56p350-south-coast-pmr-net-report

Not that you'll be firing down to there from your QTH! Wink

In the end I finally succumbed and got my Ham ticket but have to admit that I'm having a lot of fun with it all. Even the beginning 'Foundation' level gives you some exciting frequencies and modes at your disposal with a recent increase in power to 25 Watts, supervisory responsibilities and free licence to muck about with the innards of radios as well as constructing them. (Amongst other things like remote access etc.)

If you really have the radio bug and want an expanded range to play with at almost anytime of the day it's definitely the way to go. I can turn on my radios at any time and be assured of some radio action.

Have fun there Greg.

Victor

Razz229 likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
stephen Gunrunner
Major contributor
Major contributor
stephen Gunrunner

Call Sign : 26CT526/MR021/M6XXX.
Times Thanked : 10
QTH or Location : wooler north northumberland or some were near it
Equipment Used : mobile 4000hp base A99 radio base magnum257hp mobile magnum 257 standed power

PostSubject: Re: CRT space U/ space V   CRT space U/ space V Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 11:20 am

i have space and it was opened from were i got it its home is in the wheels and i have a base to but never think there toys
there not toys, i got the measurements from transmission 01 and got it working and when i am out i have a beam, i have a little handy my young bro and his base he is 20 miles a way, but we can chat each other yes he lives on a hill but the wrong side, the signal gets out well my antenna is down there putting solar panels so no radio to day
Back to top Go down
26CT1074
Contributor
Contributor
26CT1074

Call Sign : 26-CT-1074 / M7MMC
Times Thanked : 6
QTH or Location : Brighton, East Sussex
Equipment Used : Icom IC-7300, Lincoln II (V4), Xiegu X6100

PostSubject: Re: CRT space U/ space V   CRT space U/ space V Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 11:27 am

The simple answer regarding the Space-U is more or less yes, you need a licence. Even using them on PMR 446 is illegal due to the fact of the higher power & that it doesn't have a fixed antenna. 
The Space-U is really an amateur radio rig, built for the 70cm amateur band primarily, and the Space-V is a single band radio for the 2m amateur band.

Razz229 likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/c/OnTheMicwithMike
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CRT space U/ space V   CRT space U/ space V Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CRT space U/ space V
Page 1 of 1