Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Store bought antenna to use with baofeng t1 mini handy
ALINCO - Help  Needed With Alinco DX swr Icon_minitimeToday at 8:29 am by chazwozza

» Hi new to this group just checkn in...
ALINCO - Help  Needed With Alinco DX swr Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:47 pm by John123

» new call sign (Issued)
ALINCO - Help  Needed With Alinco DX swr Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:42 pm by John123

» CT call sign request (Information requested)
ALINCO - Help  Needed With Alinco DX swr Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:40 pm by John123

» CB antenna/ PMR antenna compatibility question.
ALINCO - Help  Needed With Alinco DX swr Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:13 pm by Razz229

» Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net
ALINCO - Help  Needed With Alinco DX swr Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:42 pm by Razz229

»  baofeng t1 mini handy users uk
ALINCO - Help  Needed With Alinco DX swr Icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:59 pm by Izzi

» Antron 99 install loads of noise
ALINCO - Help  Needed With Alinco DX swr Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:57 pm by micscave

» HF Contacts 15m
ALINCO - Help  Needed With Alinco DX swr Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:11 am by VanRougeT4

Keywords
Sirio ss9900 2023 anytone frequency Baofeng Mckinley list chart display power antenna ALINCO meter software president lincoln 9900 sign supply 6900 call 2022 callsign yaesu Mobile
QRZ Database

Help Needed With Alinco DX swr

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Andy2490
Andy2490

Call Sign : 108-CT-345
Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Newcastleton
Equipment Used : Bearcat 980/ TTI 881

ALINCO - Help  Needed With Alinco DX swr Empty
PostSubject: Help Needed With Alinco DX swr   ALINCO - Help  Needed With Alinco DX swr Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2022 7:45 pm

Ok Guys 
I'm stumped recently had an Alinco DX 10 bought for me, I'm mobile only dxing last set was a Uniden Bearcat ssb and also had a FM 40 rig in as well.
Antenna is 4 ft Flexi stick on a mag mount and I must say it works very well on the Uniden.
Ok fitted the Alinco in today this set has the UK 40 FM on band A. Rest is normal. I cannot get the swr down in no way, the Alinco is alarming and saying 5 on swr when transmitting. I've tried adjusting the antenna but nothing, it seems like the set does not even recognise there is a antenna.
Any Thoughts
Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
CT Directors
CT Directors
GaryWilson

Call Sign : 26-CT-1836 Ham 2E0GGQ
Times Thanked : 350
QTH or Location : Redcar, North Yorkshire.
Equipment Used : Radios & Wires & Stuff!

PostSubject: Re: Help Needed With Alinco DX swr   ALINCO - Help  Needed With Alinco DX swr Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2022 8:28 pm

Hi Andy,
I would always use an external SWR meter. I have to say that my radios that have a built in SWR meter do measure fairly accurately but many people have said that they've had issues.
The radio itself shouldn't make any difference it's the antenna that's either resonant or not.

73's Gary.
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/2E0GGQ
Andy2490
Andy2490

PostSubject: Re: Help Needed With Alinco DX swr   ALINCO - Help  Needed With Alinco DX swr Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2022 8:51 pm

Hi Gary, I'm using a external swr meter the radio transmits then alarms, in built swr protection. Just strange how the antenna has been fine on other radios. I've had a dummy load on it and seems to be transmitting fine.

Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
CT Directors
CT Directors
GaryWilson

Call Sign : 26-CT-1836 Ham 2E0GGQ
Times Thanked : 350
QTH or Location : Redcar, North Yorkshire.
Equipment Used : Radios & Wires & Stuff!

PostSubject: Re: Help Needed With Alinco DX swr   ALINCO - Help  Needed With Alinco DX swr Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2022 9:34 pm

Hi Andy,
I would turn off the alarm in the menu make sure that the radio is outputting low power and check again using the external meter only. I would also check that the radio is definitely programmed the way the supplier said it is. Other than that check the Antenna and coax for any obvious signs of damage.

73's Gary.
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/2E0GGQ
Andy2490
Andy2490

PostSubject: Re: Help Needed With Alinco DX swr   ALINCO - Help  Needed With Alinco DX swr Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2022 9:40 pm

Ok Gary, that was my thought on disabling the alarm and go from there, the antenna is only a few weeks old I've checked the coax seems fine, have another look tomorrow lol
Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: Help Needed With Alinco DX swr   ALINCO - Help  Needed With Alinco DX swr Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2022 6:26 am

Also check the pl259 on the aerial.
As said changing radio will never alter the swr but you could have a fault in the aerial plug causing a short.
Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Andy2490
Andy2490

PostSubject: Re: Help Needed With Alinco DX swr   ALINCO - Help  Needed With Alinco DX swr Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2022 6:52 am

Cheers Alan will do. It's just strange how I was getting real good swr readings on both my other sets but this one Alinco is through the roof.Its The needle just goes straight over into the red then the auto high swr kicks in.
Back to top Go down
Andy2490
Andy2490

PostSubject: Re: Help Needed With Alinco DX swr   ALINCO - Help  Needed With Alinco DX swr Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2022 9:10 am

Thanks all for the input. Turned out to be a bad factory 259 connection on the antenna feed. Alan you were right.👍
Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: Help Needed With Alinco DX swr   ALINCO - Help  Needed With Alinco DX swr Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2022 10:20 am

Had to be a simple thing like that.
Glad you found the problem Andy.

Andy2490 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help Needed With Alinco DX swr   ALINCO - Help  Needed With Alinco DX swr Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help Needed With Alinco DX swr
Page 1 of 1