Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
Loose sloper antena puzzle. Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:49 pm by SangueG

» CW sidesweeper, new project
Loose sloper antena puzzle. Icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:13 pm by karelgol

» Swedish Repeater on Ch20 Mid
Loose sloper antena puzzle. Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:29 pm by Vasilis

» CRT SS 9900 V4
Loose sloper antena puzzle. Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:57 am by babis3g

» Moved from Introductions
Loose sloper antena puzzle. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 11:43 pm by babis3g

» Mr Macmillan (Information requested)
Loose sloper antena puzzle. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 11:07 pm by John123

» Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net
Loose sloper antena puzzle. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 8:52 pm by Razz229

» New member (Issued)
Loose sloper antena puzzle. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 7:43 pm by GaryWilson

» 27.555 usb from a longwire
Loose sloper antena puzzle. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 1:45 pm by stephen Gunrunner

Keywords
2023 Mckinley ALINCO Sirio meter supply chart ss9900 president frequency power Mobile Baofeng 2022 anytone 9900 sign display callsign lincoln list yaesu call software 6900 antenna
QRZ Database

Loose sloper antena puzzle.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Andrew

Call Sign : 26-CT-5072
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Yeovil
Equipment Used : Various rx and tx ssb kit

Loose sloper antena puzzle. Empty
PostSubject: Loose sloper antena puzzle.   Loose sloper antena puzzle. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2024 8:47 pm

Hello all. Lately I have been using an end fed 40 ft wire with a 9:1 unun for 11 metre dx. It was intended to be a sloper but I was struggling with high swr. I tried it in many positions and my last attempt I tried the radio before drawing the wire tight so the wire formed a curve from 25 ft down to 6 feet of the ground. To my suprise the swr was very low and I tried a contact inĀ  Sicilly and he reported I had a strong signal and very clear with good modulation. I have now used this antena for many long distance contacts to over 3000 miles but I have never heard any stations closer than Finland or southern France so probably 800 miles. Can someone explain this. I understand the theory of propagation but the high swr with the tight wire and very low swr with a loose curved slperĀ  along with great dx range but nothing for 800 miles is puzzling.
Back to top Go down

Loose sloper antena puzzle.
Page 1 of 1