Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» what radio do you wish you never sold
South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:04 pm by tspirawk@gmail.com

» First dx in 40 plus years
South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:01 pm by Nightprowler

» Antenna Required.
South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:20 pm by Victor

» 10m dxcc ......
South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:58 pm by SangueG

» Antenna Advice.....?
South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:49 pm by SangueG

» Multimode mobile antenna
South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 8:36 am by peewee norfolk

» New member call sign request (Issued)
South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 5:03 am by Victor

» New call sign request (Issued)
South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 10:19 pm by John123

» Call Sign Request (Issued)
South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 6:37 pm by Jimnic333

Keywords
ALINCO software 9900 anytone president ss9900 power yaesu callsign 6900 display 2023 call 2022 list Sirio Mobile antenna meter frequency supply sign Baofeng chart Mckinley lincoln
QRZ Database

South Coast PMR net report

Go down 
+22
Chris CT
DerekF
skyrider
Tonyvic
andyreigatehill43
John Patrick
TheReverend
Sharpshooter
Hooded Claw
Wireless
Nigel_AB
Paddy
Victor
A5H5ATAN1C
Alamo
stephen Gunrunner
morris
Tdmtaffy
Mau5matt
26CT1074
Pacman
Razz229
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

Call Sign : 26 CT 2290 & 26 CI 2290
Times Thanked : 28
QTH or Location : Kent
Equipment Used : On 11m a Anytone 6666, Solarcon A99 vertical antenna or a Sirio 4000. On PMR a TYT TH-9800, a 1/4 wave GPA, homemade mag mount & sometimes a 8 element beam.

South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2022 10:17 pm

Hello all and welcome to another exciting episode of Ray reviews the Monday night PMR net

or

"perseverance does pay off!"

The net was held on Monday 28/03/2022 and can be found on channel 14 or 446.16875MHz

The net starts at 8 o'clock  South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 1f557 , 20:00 BST or 19:00 UTC (take your pick)

My location was Radio Corner, Ashdown Forest, East Sussex or JO-bb-01 and the set up was the TYT TH-8900 and the now famous £1 mag mount.

The weather was cloudy ☁, hazy on the horizon and mild. The temperature was 13 degrees C at the beginning of the net and when it finished it had fallen to 9 degrees C

I arrived early to find Radio Corner occupied by a camper van (not Nigel) and a non radio person in my favourite spot! So I parked across the car park and tried a new position. 
While setting up, Nigel (C V M) arrived with gifts of extension speakers, 1 speaker would not look out of place with an old PYE Police 🚓 mobile radio, oh and thank you for the chips 👍 
Ray C5 (CT 3466) followed in shortly after.

The band was noisy and there was some tropo through out the night which caused some signal interference and 14 division to break in.

Now for the list of stations that called in and was heard or worked by the net.

CT 940--Richard--Reigate--Surrey
C V M--Nigel--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--1st location of the night
CT 3466--Ray C5--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex
TK 08--George--Tonbridge--Kent
KP 441--Steve--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex--with a big grin 😁 on his face
  ??  --Richard--Tunbridge Wells--Kent
CT 2072--Steve T--Wrotham Hill--Kent--the listening station
CT 2236--Dan--Wrotham Hill--Kent--shotgun with Steve T
OM 001--Graham--Burgess Hill--West Sussex
CT 1829--Dean--Edenbridge--Kent
CT 1023--Andy Roughneck--Eastbourne--East Sussex
DK 276--Ricky from the Ridge--Hastings--East Sussex
The French  South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 1f1eb-1f1f7 
MD 26--Dave--Bexhill--East Sussex
AMC 1966--Boris--Bexhill--East Sussex
Joker--Steve--Reigate Hill--Surrey--Reigate Hill Posse
Bart Man--Andy--Reigate Hill--Surrey--Reigate Hill Posse
DDB 248 aka Ratty 248--Chris--Reigate Hill--Surrey--Reigate Hill Posse
  ??  --Paul M--Near Brands Hatch--Kent
Speed Bird--Russell--Reigate Hill--Surrey--On another part of the hill
CT 4362--Chris--Redhill area--Surrey--calling when on his break from work
TE 032--Adam--The city of Southend on Sea--Essex
TE  ? --Denis--South Woodham Ferrers--Essex
C V M--Nigel--Crowborough--East Sussex--2nd location of the night
  ??  --Jay--The city of Southend of Sea--Essex
  ??  --Michael--London Bridge--London
J C--Jill--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--Good night!
and me CT 2290--Ray--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--keeper of the log 🪵

That wraps up the list of stations on the net
Thank you all who called in and the great patience shown while trying to work the tropo 👏👏

Contacts of the night. . . . . . 

Steve (KP 441) making contact and having a Qso with Adam (TE 032), this has been in the making for a number of months and thanks to mother nature has finally happened 😀👍 (I wished I had recorded it).
Adam (TE 032) making contact and having a Qso with Nigel (C V M) while Nigel was on a handy in his 2nd location.
Steve (KP 441) making contact with France on channel 8

Topics of conversation.
The Chinook 🚁 buzzing around, Ray C5 trying 3 different parts of the car park so to be able to receive George and others, a mic mod for my radio which includes a diode!, the French on channel 8 & 14 being heard on Ashdown Forest & Wrotham Hill and how antenna height can play havoc with  TX & RX on PMR.

That brings to the end this episode
Thank you for reading this and feel free to like👍 , dislike 👎 or leave comment.

Cheer N Beers 🍻

Ray

Last edited by Razz229 on Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

Equipment Used : On 11m a Anytone 6666, Solarcon A99 vertical antenna or a Sirio 4000. On PMR a TYT TH-9800, a 1/4 wave GPA, homemade mag mount & sometimes a 8 element beam.

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2022 10:40 pm

Hello all and welcome to another episode of Ray reviews the Monday night PMR net

or

"Summer sunny is here, Ray has his shorts 🩳 on 😅"

The is held on channel 14 or 446.16875 MHz and is scheduled to start at about 8 o'clockish  South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 1f557 

My location was Radio Corner, Ashdown Forest and the set up was the TYT TH9800 and £1 pound mag-mount

The weather can be covered by 3 words. Cold 🥶, cloudy ☁ and damp 💧.

With the sound of CONVOY 🚛 South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 1f69b  South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 1f69a  South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 1f692  South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 1f68c  South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 1f693  South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 1f695  South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 1f697  South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 1f690  bouncing round my noggin, it was time to call into the net.

So in no order, here is the list of stations heard and worked by the net

CT 3466--Ray C5--Radio Corner--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex
CT 1033--Chris--Tonbridge--Kent
CM 01--Jason--Shooters Hill--South East London
  ??  --Dave--Sevenoaks--Kent
KP 441--Steve--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex
  ??  --Barry--Tonbridge--Kent
CT 1829--Dean--Ide Hill--Kent
AMC 1966--Boris--Bexhill--East Sussex
  ??  --Paul M--Vigo Village--Kent
Joker--Steve--Reigate Hill--Surrey
Bart Man--Andy--Reigate Hill--Surrey
TE 032--Adam--City of Southend--Essex
CT 1023--Andy Roughneck--Eastbourne--East Sussex
CT 4362--Chris--Reigate Town--Surrey
DK 276--Ricky on da Ridge--Hastings--East Sussex
Ratty 248--Chris--Reigate Hill--Surrey
Speed Bird--Russell--Reigate Hill--Surrey
and me CT 2290--Ray--Radio Corner--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex

That's it for the list of participant's 

Thank you to all who called in 👍

Highlights and topics of the night 😀
The can of Irn-Bru given to me by Ray C5
Where was Nigel (C V M)? 
Ray C5 walking round the car park, on his handy, making contact with Jason CM 01, Ratty 248 and Steve KP 441, 
Using Chirp programming software, 
Jason CM 01's beam swinging or was it swaying in the breeze and inconsiderate builders, building a chimney in the way of George TK 08's beam.
Lowlight of the night ☹
Poor radio etiquette shown by a operator

That's the end of this weeks episode, leave a dislike 👎 or like 👍 and don't forget to put the cat out and turn off the radio

--... ...--

Ray
Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2022 9:45 pm

Hello and welcome to another Ray reviews the Monday night PMR net

or

"On this date in history (11th of April), Titanic left Queenstown on her final journey"

Now for the new people who may have come across this thread. 
The net is held every Monday night on channel 14 or 446.16875 Mhz. 
It starts about 8 o'clock  South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 1f557 , 20.00 Hrs BST or 19.00 GMT and covers bits of Kent, Surrey, Sussex, London and Essex.

My location for the night was Radio Corner, Ashdown Forest, East Sussex and equipment used was the TYT 9800 and the £1 mag mount.
For those interested in the weather, it was a mild night, with high wispy cloud which didn't stop the 3/4  South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 1f314 moon from casting shadows, there was a haze over the South Downs and for company, the birds 🐦 were chirping 🎶 away.

Now for the all important roll call of stations that called in

??  --Paul M--Wrotham Hill--Kent--Using a handy or two!
Hunter the Husky racer--Welcome to the net 👋
Bart Man--Andy--Reigate Hill--Surrey--Testing a Retevis 95
Speed Bird--Russell--Reigate Hill--Surrey--A different part of the hill
TM 3886--Big Mike--Devils Dyke--West Sussex--Using a handy with a big rubber duck antenna
CT 1074--Little Mike--Devils Dyke--West Sussex--Using a hand with a small rubber duck antenna
CT 3466--Ray C5--Crowhurst--Surrey
CT 940--Richard--Reigate Hill--Surrey
DS 01--Pru--Reigate Hill--Surrey--Shotgun with Richard and making sure he doesn't get into trouble
Md 26--Dave--Bexhill--East Sussex--From the PMR channel 12 group
AMC 1966--Boris--Bexhill--East Sussex--From the channel 12 group
GE 12--Tim--Hastings--East Sussex--From the channel 12 group
Hadlow Hustler--Dick--Hadlow--Kent
and me, 
CT 2290--Ray--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex

That's it for the list participants, thank you all who called in

Topics of conversation ranged from where is Nigel the Camper Van Man? Paul M's home brew, home built ATU, the 2 Mikes on the Dyke, Bart Mans Retevis problems, jokes and Hunter's successful Husky racing.

That my friends, brings this episode to an end
Thank you for reading and please feel free to dislike 👎, like 👍 or leave a comment

-.-. .... . . .-. ... / .- -. -.. / -... . . .-. ...

--... ...--

Ray--Keeper of the log
CT 2290

Victor, Sharpshooter and Hooded Claw like this post

Back to top Go down
Hooded Claw
Hooded Claw

Call Sign : 26-CT-4485
Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Uckfield - East Sussex
Equipment Used : Midland 78 plus & Sirio 5000 / Baofeng UV82

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2022 8:09 am

Hello PMR Net

Good to talk to CT2290 (Ray) last night and thank you for being patient with me on my first net call! 

My little Baofeng UV82 was struggling not helped by the poor location (on the driveway - but at least I had access to tea!) and then discovering that the car roof is non-metallic (Nagoya mag mount did stick to tailgate though!)

Look forward to some more contacts next time - note to self 'get in car and drive to a hill !!'

Razz229 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2022 10:37 am

Hooded Claw wrote:
Hello PMR Net

Good to talk to CT2290 (Ray) last night and thank you for being patient with me on my first net call! 

My little Baofeng UV82 was struggling not helped by the poor location (on the driveway - but at least I had access to tea!) and then discovering that the car roof is non-metallic (Nagoya mag mount did stick to tailgate though!)

Look forward to some more contacts next time - note to self 'get in car and drive to a hill !!'

Hi Dan

Welcome to the Monday night PMR net.

I think I should be thanking you for you perseverance, it would have been so easy to call once and then give up, but you carried on calling 👏👍

The UV82 and mag mount combination was working well from the drive and I think you will be pleasantly surprised when you find a unoccupied high spot or open space to work from. 

And one last thing, you was being heard at the top of Crowborough too!

Ray
CT 2290

Hooded Claw likes this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2022 10:44 am

Hello and welcome to another episode of Ray reviews the Monday night PMR net

or

" I heard a Cuckoo or am I going mad 🤪 "

I missed the previous net due to too much Bank Holiday drinks 🍺 hic
So I aimed to be up at Radio Corner early and be ready for 8 o'clock. I did arrive early, but failed to be ready for 8 as I got talking to Ray C5 (CT 3466) and Dean (CT 1829).

But hold up, I've jumped ahead a bit. . . 

The net was held on 25-04-2022 and is scheduled to start at 8 o'clock, 20.00 hrs BST or 19.00 UTC and can be found on channel 14 with no CTCSS tones.
My location was a chilly and clear Radio Corner, Ashdown Forest, East Sussex and the kit used was the TYT TH8900 and the £1 pound mag mount.

As I said at the beginning, the net did start a little late, so thank you all who called in and here is my list 

Bart Man--Andy--Reigate Hill--Surrey--Who found that inching forward in his car helped him receive more stations and find his PMR sweet spot.
Speed Bird--Russell--Reigate Hill--Surrey--Can I suggest you look into getting a plug in speaker mic for your handy.
CT 1829--Dean--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--Walking around the car park with a handy
AMC 1074--Mike--Devils Dyke--West Sussex
TM 3006--Michael--Devils Dyke--West Sussex--Working a handy when he wasn't mic shy
CT 4485--Dan--Uckfield--East Sussex--Welcome to the net 👋
DK 276--Ricky on da Ridge--Near Hastings--East Sussex
CT 2207--Neil--Crowborough--East Sussex--Thank you for the radio 👍
  ??  --Richard TW--Tunbridge Wells--Kent
  ??  --Kevin--Crawley--West Sussex--Welcome to the net 👋
And me CT 2290--Ray--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--The man with no plan 😆

That wraps up the list of all who called in.

Highlights and topics of the night
Ray C5 using my van for his 11m station⁉
Ever time I said call for the Mike's on the Dyke
CT 4485 calling in for the first time 👍
Bart Man pushing forward 6 inches (ooh-err missus)
The confusion when 1 Chris went QRT 
Uniden 125 scanner and the Diamond X30 and X510 antenna's

Lowlight of the night
Some children or child keying up on channel 14 with there UV5R ☹

Please leave a dislike 👎 like 👍 or even a comment
That brings this episode to an end, thank you for reading and until next time

Ray

Little lewie and Hooded Claw like this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2022 10:06 pm

Well hello, and welcome to another riveting episode of Ray reviews the Monday night PMR net aka The South Coast PMR Net

or

"heard the Cuckoo again, so I am MAD? 🤪 " or "where's Nigel Camper Van Man?"

The net was held on Monday 2nd of May 2022 and started early at 19:45, this did cause some confusion with some.
My location was Radio Corner, Ashdown Forest (home of Winnie the Pooh 🧸) in the county of East Sussex.
Equipment used was the TYT -TH9800 and an old favourite, the 'Sputnik' antenna on a pole some 15 feet in the air.
The weather was mild with no wind, hence the 15 foot pole.

So here is the list of stations heard and or worked by the net.

In at number one was. . . 

CT 3466--Ray C5--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--Switching between the mobile and handy and showing interest in the construction of my 'Sputnik'
CT 4362--Chris--Reigate Town--Surrey--On a handy and using a beam inside his radio shack
Bart Man--Andy--Reigate Hill--Surrey--With antenna problems
The Hadlow Hustler--Dick--Hadlow--Kent
GE 12--Tim--Near Eastbourne--East Sussex-- 👋 Welcome to the net
D 31--Adam--Near Eastbourne--East Sussex-- 👋 Welcome to the net
AMC 1966--Boris--Bexhill--East Sussex--Popped up from the channel 12 group
OM 001--Graham--Burgess Hill--West Sussex--Threating me with rain 🌧
Speed Bird--Russell--Reigate Hill--Surrey--On a handy
CT 2072--Steve T--Wrotham Hill--Kent
CT 2236--Dan--Wrotham Hill--Kent
WT 18--Vic--Devils Dyke--West Sussex-- 👋 Welcome to the net
PIP 57--Paul--Near Bracknell--Berkshire--You was heard calling out for the net and we did answer call
And me CT 2290--Ray--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--The 1 with parchment 📜 and crayons 🖍

That, my friends, wraps up the list of stations that called in, thank you all for calling in

Chat on the night ranged from. . . . . 
Helping Bart Man diagnose his antenna problems.
The difference between my £1 pound mag mount and the 'Sputnik' antenna.  Games consoles from the late 70's to the 90's. Things like the CDI console, the  Grandstand console with it's gun, paddle's and knob thing, the Astro Wars game console
This lead into early computers and their games. The Vic 20 and Commodore 64, the ZX range, the BBC micro computer and not forgetting the Amstrad CPC 464.

So with the end of the episode in sight, please feel free to dislike 👎 like 👍 or why not leave a comment

Ray
Keeper of the log 🪵

Victor and Little lewie like this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2022 11:22 am

Hello and welcome to another episode of Ray reviews the South Coast PMR net 

or

"where was you last week Ray?"

The net was on the 16th of May 2022 and can be found on channel 14 or 446.16875 MHz, it is scheduled to start at 8 o'clock  South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 1f557 , but sometime if you call out earlier you may find people ready for a pre net chat.

My location was Radio Corner Ashdown Forest and equipment used was the TYT TH-9800 with a Nokia extension speaker from a mobile phone in car kit and the 'Sputnik' antenna up in the air.

The weather was warm with a gentle breeze and a hazy sunset 🌄.
If you have read this far, a question. 
Would you all like a to see a Radio Corner sun set?

So after my failure to attend the net last week, who would be on this week?

Lets have a look at the list

Nigel Camper Van (C V M)--Nigel--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex 

The Reigate Hill Posse--Surrey
CT 940--Richard
DS 01--Pru
Joker--Steve
Bart Man--Andy
Ratty 248--Chris

GE 12--Tim--St Leonards--East Sussex
CT 3328--Rob--Hadlow--Kent--Welcome back 
CT 1829--Dean--Shooters Hill--Southeast London--Lucky Tom CT 4029 didn't know about the PMR invasion into his spot 
  ??  --Steve--Near Rochester--Kent
  ??  --Barclay--Tonbridge--Kent
CT 4485--Dan--Uckfield--East Sussex--On the drive way
GT 67--Danny--Crawley--West Sussex
CT 4515--John--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex--Welcome to the net 👋
  ??  --Peter--Tonbridge--Kent
Speed Bird--Russell--Reigate Hill--Surrey--On a different part of the hill from the Posse
KP 441--Steve--Horsham--West Sussex--Mobile 🚗
And me CT 2290--Ray--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--The one with a crayon 🖍️ and a scrap of paper 📜

That wraps up the list of stations heard and or worked by the net.

Thank you all who called in and the patience shown will waiting for there turn.

That brings the end to this episode, so leave a dislike 👎 like 👍 or a comment

Ray (keeper of the log🪵)
26 CT 2290

Victor, Little lewie, Hooded Claw and John Patrick like this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2022 3:03 pm

Hello and welcome to another episode of Ray reviews the PMR net held on the 23rd of May 2022

or

" Is T 187 putting a permanent mast up?"
 South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 20220515

The net is on channel 14 PMR and starts at about 20:00 or 8 o'clockish  South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 1f557 

My location was Radio Corner, Ashdown Forest 🌳 (home of Winne the Pooh) in the county of East Sussex and the radio and antenna set up was the TYT TH-9800 and the 6 1/2 year old 'Sputnik' antenna.

The weather was cooler than last week with more wind and the ground was damp due to the recent rain.

Now you have a picture of what it was like. On with the list of call in's

CT 3466--Ray C5--Crowhurst--Surrey
Nigel Camper Van (C V M)--Nigel--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex
FB 228--Martin H--Butts Brow--Eastbourne--East Sussex
  ??  --Peter--Tonbridge--Kent
GE 12--Tim--St Leonards--East Sussex--on a handy and a dipole
  ??  --Kevin--Crawley--West Sussex--🚗 mobile
CT 4515--John--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex--on a handy
CT 3328--Rob--Hadlow--Kent
KP 441--Steve--Henfield--West Sussex-- 🚶‍pedestrian mobile with Bambi 🦌
And me CT 2290--Ray--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--he with the crayons 🖍️ and scraps of paper 📃 taking notes

Thank you all who called in and maybe the odd person that was just listening. . 

Topics of conversation ranged from, build your own PMR antenna's to buying one, the experiences we have had with good 😇 and bad 👿 traffic wardens, using Chirp software for programming our radios and why was Nigel's dash cam causing interference on one of his PMR radio's but not the other?

That brings the end to this episode so please leave a dislike 👍 , like 👎 or a comment

73, bye for now
Ray keeper of the log 🪵

Victor, Little lewie and John Patrick like this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2022 9:10 am

Hello everybody and welcome to another episode of Ray reviews the Monday night PMR net 

or

"THIS IS THE LAST NET  affraid. . . . . 
                                                                 . . . . . for the month of May 2022"

Now your over that unnecessary shock, lets get on with the review.

The South Coast PMR net or Monday night net was held on 30/05/2022 and it can be found on channel 14.
The net is scheduled to start at 20.00. A tip, it can sometimes be worth calling out before 20.00 as you might get a reply 😉

For those new to this review my QTH was Ashdown Forest, East Sussex or the home of Winne the Pooh and Tigger too!
The weather was dry, cloudy with a breeze. The temperature at the start of the net was about 11.5 degrees C and when I packed up it as showing 9 degrees C.
My set up was all no approved gear, consisting of a TYT TH-9800 and a home made 'Sputnik' antenna up on a pole.

Now on with the list of callings

CT 3466--Ray C5--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--using both a mobile set up and for testing purposes a handy
C V M--Nigel--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--using different radios on different antennas
CT 3328--Rob--Hadlow HQ--Kent
CT 4515--John--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex--using a handy
Bart Man--Andy--Reigate Hill--Surrey
CT 2072--Steve T--Wrotham Hill--Kent--the listening station
CT 2207--Neil--Crowborough--East Sussex
CT 9484--Mark--Haslemere--Surrey--using a handy
CT 1829--Dean--Pembury Hospital--Kent
CT 4263--Chris--Redhill Hospital--Surrey--using a handy while on his break in the car park
and me CT 2290--Ray--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--upgraded to a quill 🪶, ink pot and parchment 📜

Thank you all who called in, because without you, there would be no net.

Topics of conversation ranged from the stone throwing, name calling, antenna shoot out between Steve & John on Ditchling Beacon*
The sparking box on Reigate Hill and did it explode💥?
Speed limits for camper vans, panel vans  and converted panel vans to camper vans on motorway 🛣️ and duel carriage ways.
The 3 way handy contact between Ray C5, John CT 4515 and Russell Speed Bird.
And lastly, will the net be moving to another channel in the near future?

That rounds up this review. Thank you for reading.

Bye for now
Ciao Ciao

Ray

* This was a cheap tabloid head line to get you reading. John & Steve worked the Beacon together and enjoyed the surprise eyeball 👍

Victor and John Patrick like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2022 9:37 am

Ha! Ha! I'd spotted the "......for the month of May 2022" there Ray. Wink Very Happy

Glad you lot are still having a whale of a time with your nets and only wish I was closer to join in all the fun. (Even a beam hasn't helped despite my best efforts!)

Always, no honestly, always enjoy reading your net reports Ray and look forward to many more. South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 1f44d

Razz229 likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2022 9:32 pm

Hello and welcome to another episode of Ray reviews the Monday night PMR net

or

"is this real or is it fake? You decide."

Video footage of local protesters cheering and clapping while trying to burn down permanent mast for radio users of Radio Corner, all under the guise of celebrating the Queens jubilee. 

The South Coast PMR net was held on Monday 6th of June 2022 and can, for now, be found on channel 14. It is scheduled to start at 20:00 hrs  South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 1f557  but you can sometimes find people on chatting pre-net.

My QTH was Radio Corner, Ashdown Forest East Sussex, JO-bb-01 or home of the Honey loving bear Winne the Pooh.
The set up was the TYT TH-9800 and a old home made 'Sputnik' antenna on a 6 metre pole.
The weather was wet under foot, misty in the valleys with a temperature at the beginning of the net of 17.5 degrees C and at the end when I packed up 12.5 degrees C. It did seem strange to look up and see the half moon  South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 1f313  and stars while in the valley it was misty.

Now on with the role call

GE 12--Tim--Near Hastings--East Sussex
D 31--Adam--Near Hastings--East Sussex--Shotgun with GE 12
CT 2072--Steve T--Wrotham Hill--Kent--The listening station
CT 3328--Rob--Sevenoaks--Kent
CT 4362--Chris--Reigate Town--Surrey--Booming in from his handy
C V M--Nigel--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex
  ??  --Sandy--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--Shotgun with C V M
KP 441--Steve--Clayton Hill--West Sussex--Working a handy
CT 4485--Dan--Glyndebourne--East Sussex--Waving a folded dipole about attached to a broom stick 😆
Tango 187--Toby--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex--Push bike 🚲 mobile working a handy
CT 3342--Del--Pembury--Kent
CT 1074--Mike--Devils Dyke--West Sussex
TM 3006--Mike--Devils Dyke--West Sussex
CT 2236--Dan--Near Ashford--Kent
FB 298--Tony--Brighton--East Sussex
CT 482--Bill--Tonbridge--Kent--Finger Lickin' Good?!
CT 4515--john--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex
PIP 57--Heard you calling in and did try getting back to you without success 😞
  ??  --Jake--Lewes--East Sussex--Working a handy
KH 175--Kevin--Crawley--West Sussex
  ??  --Phil--Wanstead--East London--Welcome to the net 👍😀
And myself CT 2290--Ray--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--The 1 with Crayons 🖍️ and paper 📃

Thank you all who called in, because without you there would be no net 👋👋

Yet again John meets another Ditchling Beacon user and causes a fuss 😅

Topics of conversation, South Africa, Ireland, Lidl, The PMR dance? and a Charlie Tango member going silent key on Saturday.

That rounds up this episode. Thank you all for reading this.

73's
Cheers N Beers
TTFN

Ray--Keeper of the log 🪵

Little lewie and John Patrick like this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2022 11:05 pm

Hello all and welcome to another episode of Ray reviews the Monday Night PMR net

or

"Stay on the road, don't stray into the (Ashdown) forest"

The net was held on the 13th of June 2022 and started just after 20:00Hrs although there was lots of chatter before then.

My location was Radio Corner, Ashdown Forest in the county of East Sussex and the set up was the TYT TH-9800 and the 'Sputnik' antenna up on a pole.

The weather was warm and those of us in Radio Corner saw a beautiful sunset and a full moon rise.

South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 20220621

The temperature at the beginning of the net was 15.5 degrees C and at the end it was a comfortable 11.9 degrees C.

Now for the important list of stations heard and or worked by the net

CT 3466--Ray C5--Radio Corner--East Sussex
  ??  --Phil--Wanstead--East London
Tango 187--Toby--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex--Pushbike 🚲 mobile and on a handy
C V M--Nigel--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--Sometimes on a handy walking 🚶‍ around the car park!
--??--Paul M--Vigo Village--Kent
--??--Steve R--Near Rochester--Kent--Using a handy and a homemade J pole antenna.
And me, CT 2290--Ray--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--Keeper of the log 🪵

That's it for all the list of stations that called.
Thank you all who made the effort to join us on the night 👍👏

Before the final credits roll, here is a list of things we chatted about.
How to improve the cooling of a TYT TH-9800, what Yaesu mic works with a TYT TH-9800 and how to mod it, did Chris CT 4362 hear the French via some Tropo or was it just some passing tourists on channel 14? How much of a difference a CRT Space U can make over a Baofeng UV5R in both TX & RX and the sunset/moon rise.

That rounds up this episode, thank you for reading.

Ray the one with a quill 🪶 and a scroll 📜

Victor, TheReverend and Little lewie like this post

Back to top Go down
Sharpshooter
Major contributor
Major contributor
Sharpshooter

Call Sign : 163-CT-329
Times Thanked : 13
QTH or Location : Flintshire
Equipment Used : A growing list

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2022 1:55 pm

Razz229 wrote:
Hello all and welcome to another episode of Ray reviews the Monday Night PMR net

or

The net was held on the 13th of June 2022 and started just after 20:00Hrs although there was lots of chatter before then.

My location was Radio Corner, Ashdown Forest in the county of East Sussex and the set up was the TYT TH-9800 and the 'Sputnik' antenna up on a pole.

The weather was warm and those of us in Radio Corner saw a beautiful sunset and a full moon rise.

The temperature at the beginning of the net was 15.5 degrees C and at the end it was a comfortable 11.9 degrees C.

Tango 187--Toby--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex--Pushbike 🚲 mobile and on a handy
C V M--Nigel--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--Sometimes on a handy walking 🚶‍ around the car park!
--??--Steve R--Near Rochester--Kent--Using a handy and a homemade J pole antenna.

How to improve the cooling of a TYT TH-9800, what Yaesu mic works with a TYT TH-9800 and how to mod it, did Chris CT 4362 hear the French via some Tropo or was it just some passing tourists on channel 14? How much of a difference a CRT Space U can make over a Baofeng UV5R in both TX & RX and the sunset/moon rise.

So how much difference does a CRT space U make over a Baofeng UV5R ? 😁
Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2022 9:55 am

Sharpshooter wrote:
Razz229 wrote:

or

So how much difference does a CRT space U make over a Baofeng UV5R ? 😁

The UV5R is good at testing the PMR waters, but it does have limitations being a hand held.

I have said elsewhere on the forum, you can make the UV5R better with just upgrading the antenna 📡, which is what he has done and now has the best antenna for his situation, so the next step was upgrading the radio.

Enter the CRT Space U, which in my opinion, based on what I have seen and heard, is a good "unapproved" PMR radio😉😉.

There is a difference between the two radios as you would expect.
He is able to get out further, with better audio on the receive and transmit.

A tip for all, if you have a Space U and you like a long ragchew, consider fitting a fan to it.

Victor, TheReverend and SangueG like this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2022 9:10 pm

Hello all and welcome to another action packed episode of Ray reviews the Monday night PMR net, held on the 20/06/2022

or

"Why do May flies 🪰 come out in June?"

So while your thinking over that question, here is a little bit about the net.
It is scheduled to start at 20.00 hrs or 8 o'clock 🕗 but you can find people on before that time chatting about anything.
The net is on channel 14 or 446.16875MHz narrow FM with no CTCSS tones
The net finishes when it finishes.
All radio users are welcome (we don't judge 😀)

My location was Radio Corner, Forest, East Sussex and equipment used was the TYT TH-9800 and a 'Sputnik' antenna on a 15 foot pole all connected with cheap coax. So cheap I think it 2 levels up from wet string 😆

The weather on the night was bright sun, high wispy clouds, and a hazy on the horizon. As the sun set, the sky turned a delicate shade of pink.
The temperature at the beginning of the net was almost 20 degrees C and when I did leave the forest it was down to a comfortable 10 degrees C

Now in almost order of calling in, here are the stations that were on the net.

CT 2207--Neil--Crowborough--East Sussex--His noise level was low on the night 😀
CT 1033--Chris--Tonbridge--Kent--Flirting between PMR and UKFM
CT 3466--Ray C5--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--Trying something different with his set up
MD 26--Dave--Bexhill--East Sussex--A member of the Monday night PMR channel 12 group
AMC 1066--Boris--Bexhill--East Sussex--Also a member of the Monday night PMR channel 12 group
CT 4263--Chris--Reigate Town--Surrey
CT 2072--Steve--Wrotham Hill--Kent--The chatty station  tonight
  --  Paul M--Wrotham Hill--Kent
KP 441--Steve--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex--Eyeball 👀 Eyeball
CT 4515--John--Brighton--East Sussex
Tango 187--Toby--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex-- Pushbike 🚲 mobile on a handy
  --  Adam--Hastings--East Sussex
  --  Phil--Wanstead--East London
CT 3328--Rob--Sevenoaks--Kent--Beer🍺 , Barbecue , Cheese board 🧀 and radio 😀
CM 01--Jason--Shooters Hill--South East London--Don't say anything to Tom CT 4029 😜😜
GE 12--Tim--Hastings--Kent
Speed Bird--Russell--Reigate Town--Surrey
And me CT 2290--Ray--Radio Corner--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex

That is it for the list of stations that called in and thank you to all 👍

So before the credits roll and you have to put Baby Puss out. 

Here is some of the topics of conversation, Foxes🦊 and May flies🪰 , Radio controlled models and model making, can George fix Paul M's home made ATU? did the net send Jill to sleep😴 ?, the music played after the shipping 🚢 forecast on Radio 4 and the most important thing since sliced bread 🍞 , will Nigel be getting a CHARLIE TANGO callsign?

That's it for now, please smash the like 👍 button if you want more or smash the dislike 👎 button if you want more!

So it's good night from me and it's good night from him

Ray Keeper of the log 🪵 as I have a ink pen ✒ and scrolls 📜

🙋‍�

Victor, TheReverend, Tonyvic, Little lewie, welshee and John Patrick like this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2022 10:48 pm

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen

Welcome to another episode of Ray reviews the Monday Night PMR net 

or

"the early bird 🐦 gets to chat and is top of the list"

The net was held on Monday 27th of June and was scheduled to start at 8 o'clock🕗  or 20.00Hrs, but due to my early arrival, I started chatting from about 7.15PM.
My location was Radio Corner, Ashdown Forest in the county of East Sussex and equipment used was the TYT TH-9800 and a home made 1/4 wave GPA.

The net can be found on channel 14 or 446.16875 MHz and is CTCSS tone free.

Oh I nearly forgot the weather report for you WX fans.
The sky was blue with some white fluffy☁  clouds being blown along by a strong wind and on the horizon dark foreboding clouds.

So being the early bird, I called out at just after 7 o'clock and was answered by Chris CT 4362, where we chatted about his radios, antenna's, PMR, CB and his work. 

Now on with the list of stations that called in and were heard and worked by the net.

Top of the list was

CT 4362--Chris--Reigate Hill--Surrey
KP 441--Steve--Henfield--West Sussex--Mobile 🚗
CT 3466--Ray C5--Crowhurst--Surrey--Mobile 🚘
CT 2072--Steve T--Wrotham Hill--Kent--The Listening👂Station
Shy Pete, heard for a moment then was gone.
CT 3466--Ray C5--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--2nd location of the night
KP 441--Steve--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex--2nd location of the night
OM 001--Graham--Burgess Hill--West Sussex--Sounding well
CT 4515--John--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex
C V M--Nigel--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--On half power (500 watts) and using his 5 element beam
CT 940--Richard--Reigate--Surrey--Nice to have you back on the net buddy 👋
SGT 67--Danny--Crawley--West Sussex--On a handy and worked by Chris CT 4362
And me CT 2290--Ray--Radio Corner, Ashdown Forest--East Sussex

That concludes the list and thank you all who called in.

Before the curtain drops, here are some of the things that went on.

My talk of the £1 mag mount has now been replaced by Rob's (CT 3328) 50p mag mount  affraid

Now get the smelling salts ready or sit down before reading the next bit.
Unscientific test showing that, on the night, the Baofeng rubber duck was working better than the aftermarket whips!

After that bomb 💣 shell

The fight for the right to use Ditchling Beacon.
With both Steve (KP 441) & John (CT 4515) being on the same spot, tensions were raised and eventually snapped. This caused a stand off between the 2 operators. This was ended with a timely reminder from Graham (OM 001) that Ditchling Beacon is his spot and that Steve & John are only renting it. To keep the peace, the rent of a packet of chocolate biscuits 🍪 , will need to be paid to Graham in the future. 😆😛

That's it till next time so thank you for reading

Ray--Keeper of the log 🪵 as I have a quill 🪶 and 📜 parchment.

Victor, TheReverend, Tonyvic, Little lewie and John Patrick like this post

Back to top Go down
TheReverend
Senior contributor
Senior contributor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3921 / M7GDA
Times Thanked : 6
QTH or Location : Lambourn
Equipment Used : CRT SS9900, CRT ONE N, CRT Electro, UV-5r, B550p, HP-202, Sirio 4000, T2lT, Sharmans X-50, Diamond A430....and many bits of wire.

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2022 11:57 pm

Razz229 wrote:
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen

Welcome to another episode of Ray reviews the Monday Night PMR net 

or

"the early bird 🐦 gets to chat and is top of the list"

The net was held on Monday 27th of June and was scheduled to start at 8 o'clock🕗  or 20.00Hrs, but due to my early arrival, I started chatting from about 7.15PM.
My location was Radio Corner, Ashdown Forest in the county of East Sussex and equipment used was the TYT TH-9800 and a home made 1/4 wave GPA.

The net can be found on channel 14 or 446.16875 MHz and is CTCSS tone free.

Oh I nearly forgot the weather report for you WX fans.
The sky was blue with some white fluffy☁  clouds being blown along by a strong wind and on the horizon dark foreboding clouds.

So being the early bird, I called out at just after 7 o'clock and was answered by Chris CT 4362, where we chatted about his radios, antenna's, PMR, CB and his work. 

Now on with the list of stations that called in and were heard and worked by the net.

Top of the list was

KP 441--Steve--Henfield--West Sussex--Mobile 🚗
CT 3466--Ray C5--Crowhurst--Surrey--Mobile 🚘
CT 2072--Steve T--Wrotham Hill--Kent--The Listening👂Station
Shy Pete, heard for a moment then was gone.
CT 3466--Ray C5--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--2nd location of the night
KP 441--Steve--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex--2nd location of the night
OM 001--Graham--Burgess Hill--West Sussex--Sounding well
C V M--Nigel--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--On half power (500 watts) and using his 5 element beam
CT 940--Richard--Reigate--Surrey--Nice to have you back on the net buddy 👋
SGT 67--Danny--Crawley--West Sussex--On a handy and worked by Chris CT 4362
And me CT 2290--Ray--Radio Corner, Ashdown Forest--East Sussex

That concludes the list and thank you all who called in.

Before the curtain drops, here are some of the things that went on.

My talk of the £1 mag mount has now been replaced by Rob's (CT 3328) 50p mag mount  affraid

Now get the smelling salts ready or sit down before reading the next bit.
Unscientific test showing that, on the night, the Baofeng rubber duck was working better than the aftermarket whips!

After that bomb 💣 shell

The fight for the right to use Ditchling Beacon.
With both Steve (KP 441) & John (CT 4515) being on the same spot, tensions were raised and eventually snapped. This caused a stand off between the 2 operators. This was ended with a timely reminder from Graham (OM 001) that Ditchling Beacon is his spot and that Steve & John are only renting it. To keep the peace, the rent of a packet of chocolate biscuits 🍪 , will need to be paid to Graham in the future. 😆😛

That's it till next time so thank you for reading

Ray--Keeper of the log 🪵 as I have a quill 🪶 and 📜 parchment.
Hi Ray, do you ever get anyone calling in from West Berkshire or Wiltshire chap?

Cheers

Simon.
Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2022 8:44 am

Hi Simon

I have, when there has been some tropo, made contact with the following

Sid--CT 141--on the Coombe Gibbet
Paul--PIP 57-- near Bracknell
and a group in Swindon who were on channel 12 having there weekly net

This has been done using about 10 watts, either the beam or 'Sputnik' antenna 10 foot in the air and help from the PMR Goddess

Ray

Little lewie likes this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2022 8:49 pm

Ladies & Gentlemen

Welcome to another episode of Ray reviews the Monday night PMR net

or

"What a lovely night for a perambulation"

The net was held on the 4th of July 2022 and started about 19:00 UTC, 20:00 BST, 8 o'clock or 15:00 New York time. 
The net can be found on channel 14 or 446.16875MHz if you need to program it in and no CTCSS tones

My location was Radio Corner, Ashdown Forest in the county of East Sussex and the equipment used was the TYT TH-9800 and the 'Sputnik' GPA on a 12 foot pole.

The weather for the night was mild, sunny☀with a bit of cloud, a spectacular sun set and a crescent moon 🌒 to boot.

South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 20220710

As the net kind of got underway, we suffered an attack of digital mode tomfoolery and a Irishman saying that he was in the bushes watching us!! 
Whatever floats your boat 🤣🤣🤣 

So on we go with the list of stations heard and or worked by the net

CT 2072--Steve T--Wrotham Hill--Kent--The chatty station tonight 🗣
  Paul M--Vigo Village--Kent
CT 9484--Mark--Haslemere--Surrey
NB 101--Dave--Edenbridge--Kent--Welcome to the net 🥳
CT 940--Richard--Reigate--Surrey--🐎
CT 2207--Neil--Crowborough--East Sussex
  Dave--Sevenoaks--Kent
  Richard--Tunbridge Wells--Kent
SQ 020--Phil--Wanstead--East London
And me CT 2290--Ray--Radio Corner--East Sussex--in the chair 🪑😆

That brings to the end the list of stations who participated in the net and thank you all 🙏🙇

So as the curtain comes down, one final comment

🎆🎆🎈🎈HAPPY 4TH OF JULY TO ALL OUR RADIO FRIENDS IN 2 DIVISION🎈🎈🎈🎆🎆

Victor, Little lewie and Sharpshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2022 10:23 pm

My lords, ladies and gentlemen, 

Please welcome another episode (will this ever end?) of Ray reviews the Monday night PMR net

or

"is Ray's spot in danger of being taken over?" 

The net was held on on the Eleventh day on the Seventh month of the year two thousand and twenty two and started surprisingly closed to it's scheduled time of 8 o'clock 🕗

My location was Radio Corner, Ashdown Forest 🌳in the county of East Sussex and equipment used was a (new to me) QYT KT 8900D and the trusty 'Sputnik' antenna.

The weather could be summed up in a few words, it was a warm night.

As I said earlier, the net almost started on time if it wasn't for a surprise guest.
Andy AKA Bartman pulled into Radio Corner and came heading towards me, with a smile 🙂 on his face. He pulled up and we had the eyeball 👀 and chat and then I was reminded that the chairman was AWOL! 

More about Andy and his visit to come. . . . 

Now on with the list of stations who called in and were heard and or worked by the net

Bartman--Andy--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex
TG 25--Keith--Canvey Island--Essex
CT 1033--Chris--Tonbridge--Kent--Split between PMR and CB
CT 2236--Dan--Wrotham Hill--Kent--Using a handy strapped to a fence 
FB 228--Martin--Hellingly--East Sussex
MD 26--Dave--Bexhill--East Sussex--Popping in from the channel 12 PMR Bexhill/Hastings group.

Where's Nigel?

CT 4515--John--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex--Using a handy
CT 4013--Tony--Brighton--East Sussex--On a handy and surprised by the contact
GE 12--Tim--Fairlight Nr Hastings--East Sussex
  ??--Peter--Tonbridge--Kent
KH 75--Kevin--Crawley--West Sussex--We could just hear you.
And me CT 2290--Ray--Radio Corner--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex

That brings to end the list of stations and thank you all for joining in.

Now to answer the burning 🔥 question of why is my spot in danger.

Bartman had come up to chat about his problem on Reigate Hill, where his radio is blocked 🧱 by some mysterious RF interference when he is in particular spot.

So being the unhelpful chap that I am, I had a look at his radio to see that it was a radio like mine with just a different name on it. 

Oh dear I thought, if he is having problem with that, is mine going to cause me problems too scratch ?

Well after getting Andy to call out and passing him round, my fears had got worse.
His mobile set up of the Radlet Radio and Comet style SBB-7 mobile antenna was on occasions hearing better than me and received better audio reports too!

So now

Is it time to give up and hand the Pen 🖊️and Ink  South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 26ab  over to someone else?
Do I take up moaning about queuing while out shopping and causing a que?
Is it time to drive 5 to 10 miles under the speed limit and break hard at every corner and on coming vehicle 🚘?

Well no, as when I offered said "Pen & Ink" to anybody and everybody, it got me some funny looks from strangers!

To wrap up this episode, all is good in the world, nothing will change and thank you for reading this far down 👏👏 .

Please all stand as Ray is leaving the post.

Ray

Little lewie, Sharpshooter and andyreigatehill43 like this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2022 9:30 pm

Ladies & Gentleman.

Hello all and welcome to another episode of Ray reviews the South Coast PMR Net

or

"What's that flashing over there?"

The net was held on Monday night the 08/08/2022 and can be found on channel 14 or 446.16875MHz

Much to everybody's surprise, I arrived and almost started the net on time at 8 o'clock 🕗 😲

My location was Radio Corner, Ashdown Forest, East Sussex (JO-01-BB-14-CD) and the set was the TYT TH-9800 and the trusty home made 'Sputnik' antenna.

Due to the time of the year, it was warm sunny night with an amazing sun set.

South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 20220810

The temperature at the start of the net was 21 degrees C and at the end it had dropped to a much cooler and more comfortable 14 degrees C

Now the scene has been set, on with the list of all who called in and was heard and or worked by the net

Camper Van Man (CVM)--Nigel--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex
CT 2236--Dan & children--Wrotham Hill--Kent
T K 08--George--Tonbridge--Kent
  ??  --Mark--Leytonstone--East London--welcome to the net 👏👍
CT 4013--Tony--Brighton--East Sussex
And me CT 2290--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex

That concludes the list of stations that called in.

💥💥WE INTERRUPT THIS REPORT TO BRING YOU A NEWSFLASH💥💥

Just as things were winding down we had a call come in from

South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 1f1eb-1f1f7  14 FRS 119--Mr Jacky--Vire--Normandy--France  South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 1f1eb-1f1f7 

Here is a rushed recording of the Jacky just before the tropo moved more towards John CT 4515.

Before packing up, Nigel, John and myself decide to participate in a little experiment, which was to see if it was possible to flash each other with our torches. So with lots of torch on and torch off, on, off, on, off being said over the radio, we did in fact identify each other over a distance of 14 miles 23 Km

That is it (honest)

Ray

Tonyvic and John Patrick like this post

Back to top Go down
John Patrick
John Patrick

Call Sign : 26-CT-4515
Times Thanked : 10
QTH or Location : Brighton
Equipment Used : Baofeng UV5R - Midland 2001- President Mc Kinley & President Randy III, GT-3TP

PostSubject: South Coast PMR    South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2022 11:34 pm

What an evening we had awesome as always Ray and accompany.

As Ray mentioned Mr Jacky came in and made an audio recording of QSO , So I thought I'll add it in.

Mr Jacky QSO

Thanks again everyone

Regards John
CT4515

Razz229 and Tonyvic like this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2022 9:41 pm

Oh yay, oh yay, oh yay

Hello all and welcome to another episode of Ray reviews the Monday night PMR net

or

"Is the phrase 'height is might' correct?" 

The net was held on the evening of Monday the 15th of August 2022 and was scheduled to start at 20.00 hours 🕗 (which it kind of did)

Due to my late finish at work, I choose to try out a different hill, which Wikipedia said is the highest point in Kent but then another site said it was the 2nd highest, so who knows for sure?

The net, as most of you already know, is held on channel 14 or 446.16875MHz and runs with no CTCSS tones

My set was the TYT TH-9800 and the 'sputnik' antenna on a pole.

And not forgetting the people with weather interests, it was hot 🥵 & sticky and I was while driving to my new spot, radio Caroline on 648 AM was often interrupted by static crashes 🌩

Now the scene is set, radio up and running, pencil ✏ & note book 🗒️ at the ready, on with the list of stations that called in.

CT 1829--Dean--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--Shotgun with Ray
GE 12--Tim--Firle Beacon--East Sussex
Delta 31--Adam--Firle Beacon--East Sussex
CT 4013--Tony--Brighton--East Sussex
And me CT 2290--Ray--Toys Hill--Kent-- with the pencil ✏ and note book 🗒

Thank you all who called in 👍

And to answer the question. 
I don't think height is might. I was the same height as Reigate Hill yet struggled with hearing both Russell and Chris, struggled with Tim and Adam in Firle Beacon and Graham in Burgess Hill. 
So next week it will be back to Radio Corner to regroup for my next hill top test.

73 and TTFN 👋

Ray

Victor, Little lewie, Sharpshooter and John Patrick like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2022 10:17 am

It's all fun at UHF Ray.....Fresnel Zone, Reflection, Scatter and not forgetting that on top of a big hill you could well be shooting your signals over the top of everyone. Wink

(That last bit sounded sordid but wasn't intended! Very Happy )

Keep up the good work with your PMR Nets, always enjoy reading your reports. South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 1f44d

Razz229 likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

South Coast PMR net report
Page 8 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next