Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Winter 11m Challenge - from December 1st 2023 to 31st March 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» First homebase (Issued)
South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 Icon_minitimeToday at 4:24 am by Victor

» 10 Metre Summer Challenge 2024
South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:13 pm by John H

» Tank whip for homebase
South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:40 pm by Hendo

» Foundation licence passed!
South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:49 am by Al21

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:20 am by SangueG

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge League Table 2024
South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:15 am by SangueG

» Returning Member / Callsign Re-Issue (Returning Member)
South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2024 10:56 pm by John123

» Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net
South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2024 9:05 pm by Razz229

» Introduction to the group. (Issued)
South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2024 4:52 am by Victor

Keywords
Mobile 2023 Sirio yaesu 9900 display chart 6900 Baofeng ss9900 callsign lincoln anytone sign power list call antenna supply software president meter 2022 Mckinley frequency ALINCO
QRZ Database

South Coast PMR net report

Go down 
+22
Chris CT
DerekF
skyrider
Tonyvic
andyreigatehill43
John Patrick
TheReverend
Sharpshooter
Hooded Claw
Wireless
Nigel_AB
Paddy
Victor
A5H5ATAN1C
Alamo
stephen Gunrunner
morris
Tdmtaffy
Mau5matt
26CT1074
Pacman
Razz229
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

Call Sign : 26 CT 2290 & 26 CI 2290
Times Thanked : 28
QTH or Location : Kent
Equipment Used : On 11m a Anytone 6666, Solarcon A99 vertical antenna or a Sirio 4000. On PMR a TYT TH-9800, a 1/4 wave GPA, homemade mag mount & sometimes a 8 element beam.

South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2023 10:04 pm

Hello all and welcome

Here is another episode of Ray reviews the South Coast PMR net (Monday Night PMR net)

or

" You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all the people some of the time, but you can't please all the people all the time" Abraham Lincoln

The net was held on Monday night the 13-02-2023 (the day before Valentines 💌 day) and can be found on channel 14 (446.16875 MHz) with no CTCSS tones using NFM and is open to all regardless of your callsign or handle.

The net is scheduled to start at 8 o'clock 🕗 , but you can find people on for a pre-net chat.

My location was Radio Corner, Ashdown 🌳 Forest in the county of East Sussex (JO-bb-01) and the equipment used was a QYT TH-8900D (on low power) and a 1/4 wave GPA.

The weather was cold 🥶 and clear with plenty of stars 🌃 to see.

Now for the list of stations that called in and were heard and or worked by the net

TK 08--George--Tonbridge--Kent
CT 1033--Chris--Tonbridge--Kent
CT 2072--Steve T--Tonbridge--Kent--The Listening 👂 Station
CT 3466--Ray C5--Ashdown 🌳 Forest--East Sussex
CT 4013--Tony--Brighton--East Sussex
CT 4362--Chris--Reigate Town--Surrey
OM 001--Graham--Burgess Hill--West Sussex
CT 4610--Andy Bartman--Reigate Hill--Surrey
CT 4627--Steve Joker--Reigate Hill--Surrey
CT 1074--Mike--Devils Dyke--West Sussex
14 CEC 01--Danny--Cherbourg--Normandy--France  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f1eb-1f1f7  (work by Mike CT 1074)
GE 21--Tim--Eastbourne--East Sussex
D 31--Adam--Eastbourne--East Sussex
Road Runner--Andros--Eastbourne--East Sussex
C V M--Nigel--Crowborough--East Sussex 🛒
CT 4515--John--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex
CT 4281--Dick--Hadlow--Kent
KP 441--Steve--Henfield--West Sussex
14 division--Fredo--Cherbourg--Normandy--France  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f1eb-1f1f7  (worked by Mike CT 1074)
Speed Bird--Russell--Reigate Hill--Surrey
London Calling--Mark--Leyton--East London
CM 01--Jason--Shooters Hill--Southeast London (don't tell Tom CT 4029)

We then had some handy to handy contacts between CT 3466 Ray C5, CT 4515 John and GE 12 Tim followed by

John--Near Chatteris--Cambridgeshire
Phil--Diss--Norfolk
A station in Sheffield talking to John in Chatteris and hearing John CT 4515 on Ditchling Beacon
and me CT 2290--Ray--Radio Corner--Ashdown 🌳 Forest--East Sussex--With paper 📜 and quill 🪶

14 FRS 119--Jacky--Normandy--France  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f1eb-1f1f7  --reported that he was hearing both Mike CT 1074 and myself

Thank you all who called in and showed amazing patience, sorry if you tried and wasn't heard, it was busy night, and to the unhappy stations. . . . 

Here is a map showing the area covered on the night

South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 Pmr14010

If you see any mistakes, let me know and I'm to correct them 

A Penguin 🐧 walks into a bar and asks the barman "Has my brother been in for a drink today?"
The barman looks at the Penguin 🐧 and says "I'm not sure. what does he look like?"  lol!

To help the chair on any net, try calling in with your callsign or name, 2 or more people just calling QSK or Break Break doesn't make you stand out and you can be missed.

73 from the man with no plan

Ray 2290

Victor, SangueG, Little lewie, Sharpshooter and Alex728 like this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

Equipment Used : On 11m a Anytone 6666, Solarcon A99 vertical antenna or a Sirio 4000. On PMR a TYT TH-9800, a 1/4 wave GPA, homemade mag mount & sometimes a 8 element beam.

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2023 10:13 pm

Hello all and welcome

Before I start, I would like to thank all who took part in the search Monday night and for the SWL guys & girls out there, at the time of me writing this, the gentleman is on the road to recovery.

Here is another episode of Ray reviews the Monday night PMR net

or

" 3 is a lucky number 🍀"

The net is held on channel 14 or 446.16875 my giggle hurts (1 point if know were this comes from), is CTCSS tone free and I would recommend using NFM.

My location was Radio Corner, Ashdown 🌴 Forest in the county of East Sussex (JO-bb-01) and the set up was the QYT TH-8900 D, on low power, transmitting through a 8 element beam.

The weather was a mild 6 degrees C at 8 o'clock 🕗 and when the net finished, it had dropped to 5 degrees C. The clouds were low and it was dark, but a gentle breeze blew the clouds away showing the constellation of Orion bright in the sky, unfortunately the breeze also brought the fog with it, near the end of the net.

Now the more important bit, the list of stations that called in and were heard and or worked by the net.

CT 1074--Mike--Devils Dyke--West Sussex
TM 3006--Imposter Mike--Devils Dyke--West Sussex 🤣
CT 1829--Dean--Edenbridge--Kent
TE 500--Andy--Whitstable--Kent
Jay--Southend on Sea--Essex
GE 12--Tim--Eastbourne--East Sussex
Road Runner--Andros--Eastbourne--East Sussex--Shot gun with Tim
TE 032--Adam--Southend on Sea--Essex
CT 2072--Steve T--Tonbridge--Kent--The Listening 👂 Station 
D 31--Adam--Hastings--Kent
14 FRS 119--Mr Jacky--Verde--Normandy--France  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f1eb-1f1f7 
CT 1023--Andy--Eastbourne--East Sussex--1 of the founders of this net
CT 3466--Ray C5--Crowhurst--Surrey--2nd location of he night
and me CT 2290--Ray--Ashdown 🌲 Forest--East Sussex--JO-bb-01

Thank you all who called in and sorry if you tried and wasn't heard.

For the 3rd week in a row, we have been lucky to have our PMR brothers from across the channel join us. Will it last another week?

A topic of conversation which needs to be completed, was the Mike on Mike fight 🥊 , on the Dyke with Oreo biscuits 🍪. Who won?

That's it for this report

Interest in my new fencing company is growing rapidly. . .
People are liking my posts  lol!

73 TTFN

Ray 2290

Answer to the quiz next week.

Victor and Sharpshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 04, 2023 10:13 pm

Hello and welcome

Here is another episode of Ray reviews the Monday night South Coast PMR net

or

"what Aurora Borealis"

The net was held on the 27-02-2023 and can be found on analogue channel 14 or 446.16875 MHz and we don't use any kind of CTCSS tones.

The net is scheduled to start at 20.00 Hrs or 8 o'clock 🕗 but on this night I started it early which surprised some and confused scratch others.

The weather started with a clear night, half moon 🌓 in the sky with some cloud on the horizon. The clear sky didn't last long as the cloud came and blotted out the moon, starts and any chance of seeing the Northern lights.

I set up on Ashdown Forest 🌳 with the QYT TH-8900 D and the 1/4 wave antenna.

Now we have the when and where, here is the list of stations that called and were heard or worked by the net.

C V M--Nigel--Ashdown 🌳 Forest--East Sussex
CT 2072--Steve T--Wrotham Hill--Kent
D 31--Adam--Hastings--East Sussex
Russell--Tunbridge Wells--Kent--Via a digital handy ☎ and George TK 08
Speed Bird--Russell--Reigate Hill--Surrey--Trying out & enjoying his new radio
CT 2236--Dan--Wrotham Hill--Kent
CM 01--Jason--Shooters Hill--South East London--Using a tape measure beam
and me CT 2290--Ray--Ashdown 🌳 Forest--East Sussex--In the chair 💺

Thank you all who called and sorry if you tried and wasn't heard.

Topics of conversation on the night ranged from FT8 chat, camper van repairs, me being early, Potato waffles versus batter mix waffles, my LED light only turning on when I push the PTT switch on the UV5R, AM versus FM transmissions on both CB and commercial radio and the dozen or more cars that came to Radio Corner, set up cameras on tripods and waited for a glimpse or the northern Lights only to go home empty handed.

I dreamt about drowning in a ocean of orange soda last night.
It took me a while to work out it was just a Fanta sea.  lol!

That's it for this episode, tune in next week for more of the same

73 & TTFN

Ray 2290 with the pen 🖋️ and paper 📃

I'm rolling last weeks question over for another week

TheReverend and Sharpshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2023 9:53 pm

Hello all and welcome

Here is another episode of Ray reviews the South Coast PMR net, sometimes called Monday Night PMR Net

or

"let then eat cake!🍰"

The net was on held on the 6th day of the 3rd month of the year 2023 and can be found on channel 14 or 446.16875 MHz, not using the digital mode or CTCSS tones.

The net is scheduled to start at 20:00 Hrs or 8 o'clock 🕗 , but if you tune in before that time, you may find some on chatting and warming up the frequency.

The weather on the night was cold 🥶, cloudy 🌧️ with moisture in the air, a fairly constant temperature of about 5 degrees C and a breeze that did, at times, show the full moon🌕 .

My set up on the night was the QYT TH 8900D pushing no more than 10 watts through a 1/4 wave GPA up on a 6M pole.

Now on to the list of stations that called in and were heard or worked by the net and the stations just listening in.

Just listening in 👂 was Barry and Russell. Hello gents hope we were a good listen.

CT 1829--Dean--Ashdown  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f333  Forest--East Sussex
C V M--Nigel--Crowborough--East Sussex
CT 3466--Ray C5--Ashdown🌳  Forest--East Sussex
Colin--Near Maidstone--Kent--Welcome to the net 👍
GE 12--Tim--Hastings--East Sussex
D31--Adam--Hastings--East Sussex
and me CT 2290--Ray--Ashdown  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f332  Forest--East Sussex--In the chair 💺

Please give us a try next time as you never know who is on and where.

The answer to the question posed a couple of weeks ago is, I borrowed the 'my giggle hurts' from the YouTube channel "NotARubicon" hosted by Randy.

Topics of conversation seemed to be 1 tracked, cakes  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f370 , Custard Donuts 🍩, Victoria sponge, Bread & Butter pudding, Custard Tarts, Apple 🍏 Danish and Eccles cakes which segue nicely into the characters and creators of The Goon shows.

Albert & his wife went to a bank robbers themed party last night.
Albert had a great time while his wife stayed outside with the engine running. lol!
That's it for this episode, tune in next time for another bad joke and chatter.

TTFN & 73

Ray 2290 the one with paper  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f4c4  and a pen  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 2712

Victor, TheReverend, Little lewie, Sharpshooter and John Patrick like this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2023 11:18 pm

Hello all and welcome

Please come in, find a seat 🪑 and get ready for another episode of Ray reviews the Monday Night PMR net aka the South Coast PMR Net.

or

" If the vans a rocking, it's a windy night!"

The net was held on Monday 13th of March 2023 and is located on a frequency of 446.16875 MHz or channel 14 on PMR.
The net is analogue, uses the NFM setting on the radio and is free from CTCSS tones.

My QTH for the night, was a mild, wet, windy but sometimes getting up to blowing a hooley (or hoolie) Ashdown Forest  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f332  in the county of East Sussex (JO-bb-01) and equipment used was the QYT TH8900D push all it's 10 watts into the £1 mag-mount with high loss coax.

Now we have the location and weather, on with the start time which is 20:00 Hrs or 8 o'clock  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f557  in the evening. But sometimes you can join in the pre net chat before 8 🕗

Here is the list of stations that called in and were heard and or worked by the net.

Road Runner--Andros--Hastings--East Sussex
KP 441--Steve--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex
CT 3466--Ray C5--Ashdown  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f333  Forest--East Sussex
CT 4362--Chris--Reigate Hill--Surrey
CT 4515--John--Kithurst Hill--West Sussex--1st location of the night
Colin--Maidstone--Kent
D31--Adam--Hastings--Kent
CT 4515--John--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex--2nd location of the night
TW 460--Richard--Tunbridge Wells--Kent
and me CT 2290--Ray--Ashdown South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f334 Forest--East Sussex--In the chair 💺

Thank you all who called in and sorry if you tried and wasn't heard, please try again another time.

Here are a couple of topics of conversation from the night.

Gold panning, speed cameras and the speed awareness course. 

That's it for this episode, don't forget to check in next time for more of the same

TTFN & 73

Ray with the clipboard 📋 and biro  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 2712

Victor, TheReverend, Little lewie and Sharpshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
TheReverend
Senior contributor
Senior contributor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3921 / M7GDA
Times Thanked : 6
QTH or Location : Lambourn
Equipment Used : CRT SS9900, CRT ONE N, CRT Electro, UV-5r, B550p, HP-202, Sirio 4000, T2lT, Sharmans X-50, Diamond A430....and many bits of wire.

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2023 11:53 pm

Hi Ray,

Love these weekly net reports!  I'm wondering if I can get into the net from a couple of local high spots here in Berks/Wilts with my Yagi.....just need to pinpoint your location/ASL to see if it's feasible chap?

Cheers

Simon.

Razz229 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2023 11:44 pm

TheReverend wrote:
Hi Ray,

Love these weekly net reports!  I'm wondering if I can get into the net from a couple of local high spots here in Berks/Wilts with my Yagi.....just need to pinpoint your location/ASL to see if it's feasible chap?

Cheers

Simon.

Hi Simon

Thank you for reading and commenting on my net reviews, I'm glad you like the slightly different way in which I report the PMR net. 

Just listing a bunch of names and callsigns is (in my humble opinion) boring, so I try and add a bit more about the net as no 2 are ever the same.

Now to answer your question.

From my own personal experience, I would say it's highly unlikely you would get into the net under normal conditions. 

BUT, and there is always a BUT

If there is a lift on form West to East or vice versa then yes. 
I have, when this has occurred, chatted to the guys in Swindon.

I did a search, and found, that from Coombe Gibbet to Radio Corner there is almost a clear line of sight with the Gibbet being about 48 meters higher that Radio Corner and about 70 miles away. 

So could we have a Qso, beam to beam? Maybe, who knows?

Cheers n Beers

Ray

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2023 8:42 pm

Hello and welcome one and all

Here is another episode of Ray reviews the Monday Night PMR net

or

"Help, I'm running out of ideas"

The net was on Monday 20th Day of March 2023 and can be found on 446.16875 MHz or just plan old channel 14. 

The net is open to all, no matter what club, group or callsign prefix I.E M7, G5, 2E0, A1, M25 you have, and we don't use CTCSS tones but do encourage the use of NFM.

The net is scheduled to start at 20:00 Hrs or 8 o'clock 🕗 but sometimes you can find stations having a pre-net chat.

And for those thinking of starting a net, here is the weather.
It was windy, damp, foggy which turned to rain the back to fog and at the end of the night visibility was so bad I couldn't see the other end of the car park.

Just going to take a quick break, so now is the time to get the kettle on or go water the flowers, as I check to see if I have got everything covered.

Time & date ✔
Weather ✔
Open to all ✔
Location & equipment used  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 2716 

My location was Radio Corner, Ashdown🌳  Forest in the county of East Sussex and equipment used was the QYT TH8900D and the beam, the beam didn't last long as it was  being turned by the wind, so the 1/4 wave GPA came out.

Now for the important list of stations that called in and were heard and or worked by the net, because without them, there would be no net and I would be on a hill talking to myself 

CT 2072--Steve T--Wrotham Hill--Kent--The Listening 👂 Station 
Russell--Tonbridge--Kent
AM 095--Colin--Maidstone--Kent
DDB 285--Steve--Reigate Hill--Surrey
Ratty 248--Chris--Reigate Hill--Surrey
Witchy Witch--Reigate Hill--Shotgun with Chris Ratty 248
CM 01--Steve--Shooters Hill--Southeast London--Outside, on a beam, getting wet
CT 4362--Chris--Redhill--Surrey--Sneaking out of work to call in
and me CT 2290--Ray--Radio Corner--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--In the chair

That concludes the list of station that called, sorry if you tried and wasn't heard, please try again another time.

Here are some of the topics of conversation, going off grid with Solar power, using a diode to replace a fuse in the power cables, the weather, beam antennas and FT8.

That's it for this week, tune in next week to see if this gets  any better.

Ray 2290 the one with a pencil ✏ and paper 📄

Last edited by Razz229 on Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to add something)

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2023 9:24 pm

Hello all and welcome

or 

"did you know that pirate radio station Radio Caroline, did it's first test transmission on this date in 1964"

After that fun fact, back to the net report.

The net was on the 27th of March 2023 and can be found on PMR Channel 14. 
Its scheduled to start at 20:00 Hrs or 8 o'clock 🕗 in the PM. 
Sometimes if you call out before then, you could be part of the pre net chat.

My location for the night was a busy Radio Corner, which I shared with Dean, Ray C5 and Nigel.
The weather was a bit barmy, it was bright clear night with chilly orange sunset and once darkness fell (and bruised its knee) a crescent 🌒 moon could be seen.

My set up, or working conditions, was the same radio as last week sending all of its 10 watts up bit of ropey mini RG8 coax, what was left of the 10 watts was then sent out through my 8 element beam. 
For refreshment was a flask of hot ♨ water for a coffee or 2

Now for the all important roll call of stations heard and or worked by the net

CT 1829--Dean--Ashdown🌴  Forest--East Sussex--Sell his mast and Sharman x200 antenna
C V M--Nigel--Ashdown 🌲 Forest--East Sussex
CT 4362--Chris--Reigate Hill--Surrey--🍕
CT 4610 aka Bartman--Andy--Reigate Hill--Surrey
SB 01 aka Speed Bird--Russell--Reigate Hill--Surrey
AM 095--Colin--Maidstone--Kent
KP 441--Steve--Steyning Bowl--West Sussex--Back for his sabbatical
TE 032--Adam--Southend on Sea--Essex
and me, CT 2290--Ray--Ashdown  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f332  Forest--East Sussex--In the chair 🪑 

Here are some of the topics of conversation that could have been heard if you was listening via a WebSDR somewhere round the world.

Chris CT 4362 and his pizza  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f355 , Nigel and his hole in the wall, the thin copy between Colin AM 095 and Adam D 31, printers and printing pictures, building a PMR dipole, the ISS going over, me in shorts 🩳 , Camp coffee, tea, energy drinks, real Lemonade and Dandelion & Burdock drinks. Camouflaged boast & subs from WW1 and the last comment of the day was "SAS pink jeeps of WW2"

That rounds up this episode, thank for taking time to read it and hoped you enjoyed it

All the best and 73

Ray 2290 with notebook  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f4d2  & pen  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 2712

Victor, TheReverend, Little lewie and Sharpshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
skyrider
Major contributor
Major contributor

Call Sign : 26-CT-4654
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : Preston, Lancs.
Equipment Used : UNIDEN 100, midland alan 78 plus multi + mag mount , silver rod

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2023 8:13 pm

and the radio caroline ship was anchored just off the coast off the iom  Cool

Razz229 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2023 11:16 pm

skyrider wrote:
and the radio caroline ship was anchored just off the coast off the iom  Cool

The 'Ross Revenge' looks good on the Blackwater river Essex  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f6a2
Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 08, 2023 10:07 am

Hello all and welcome

or

"did you know, that on this date in 1973, the first mobile phone call was made (and it wasn't about the accident you had)"

The South Coast PMR net was on 03-04-2023 and can be found on 446.16875MHz. 
As you know, the net is scheduled to start at 20:00Hrs  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f557  BST but due to me working late, Dean CT 1829 started the net off. 
Because he did such a good job, the group have now said the he is my 'apprentice'  affraid 

My location for the night, was Radio Corner, Ashdown  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f332  Forest in the county of East Sussex, where it was a clear night with the 3/4 moon  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f318  and Orion dominated the sky.

My set was the same as last week but swap the beam for a 1/4 wave GPA.

Now for the joint log of the night

CT 1829--Dean--Ashdown  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f333  Forest--East Sussex--The Apprentice
KP 441--Steve--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex--Over the moon with his purchase from Dean CT 1829
TK 08--George--Tonbridge--Kent--The Gov'nor
CT 4362--Chris--Reigate Town--Surrey-- South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f355  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f609  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f609 
D 31--Adam--Hastings--Kent
Star Gazer--Tony--Gatwick--West Sussex--Welcome to the net  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f44d 
CT 2072--Steve T--Tonbridge--Kent--Mobile  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f699 
CT 4515--John--Brighton--East Sussex--Suffering man flu  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f637  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f691 
SB 01 aka Speed Bird--Russell--Reigate Hill--Surrey
and me--CT 2290--Ray--Ashdown  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f334  Forest--East Sussex--The Chairman  

Thank you all who called in, thank you to the listeners  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f442 and sorry if you tried and wasn't heard.

Here are some of the topics of conversation heard later in the evening, roving reporter Dean keeping us all up to date with a police incident, keeping a steak bake hot by wrapping up in tin foil and leaving it on the engine of a lorry while on the road, the difference in antenna performance between Dean and myself.

That rounds up this review, see you next time for more of the same.

Ray 2290, the one with a pen  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 2712  and note book  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f4d4

Little lewie and Sharpshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2023 4:24 pm

Hello and greetings.

Here is another episode of Ray reviews the Monday Night PMR net 

or

"on this date, 'Patrolling the Ether' was broadcast on 3 American TV stations at the same time" 
If you want to know more scroll to the bottom of the report.

Mondays net was held on 10/04/2023 and was chaired from a windy, clear skied, but wet under foot Radio Corner, Ashdown  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f332  Forest in East Sussex (JO-bb-01).

The net is scheduled to start at 8 o'clock  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f557  BST, but if you tune in early you may hear pre-net chatter.

My working conditions was the QYT TH-8900 D, powered by a car battery, and the 1/4 wave GPA on a pole.

Now for the list of stations that were heard and or worked by the net.

C V M--Nigel--Ashdown  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f333  Forest--East Sussex
CT 3466--Ray C5--Ashdown  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f334  Forest--East Sussex
CT 2072--Steve T & Harry--Wrotham Hill--Kent
KP 441--Steve--Devils  Dyke--West Sussex
Star Gazer--Tony--Reigate Hill--Surrey
TW 460--Richard--Tunbridge Wells--Kent
and me CT 2290--Ray--Ashdown  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f33f  Forest--East Sussex

SWL--Russell--Tonbridge, when not elsewhere

Thank you all who called in or just listened and sorry if you tried and wasn't heard.

Here are some of the topics of conversation before, during and after the net.
Giving up drinking  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f37a  for health and support, the trees being cut down on the forest, Harry learning and playing Domino's, remembering old games like 'Kur-plunk', fishing  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f41f , watching lightning strikes on the interweb, talking to tree's and flowers.

That rounds up this episode of Ray reviews the net, thank you for reading.
If you spot a mistake, let me know and I will happily correct it. 

Ray with the paper  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f4c4  and pen  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 2712 .

Patrolling the Ether, was a short film about American radio amateur's monitoring the airwaves for Nazi spy transmissions in world war 2.

Victor, Tonyvic and Sharpshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2023 10:05 pm

-
Hello all and welcome

Here is another episode of Ray reviews the Monday night PMR net held on the 17th of April 2023

or

"on this date, the Apollo 13 mission ended. During the mission, the famous words 'Houston, I believe we've had a problem' were heard over the airwaves"

The net can be found on PMR channel 14 and uses no CTCSS tones, making it open to all (who can hear us), and starts at 20:00 hours or 8 o'clock 🕗 BST. 
BUT, sometimes if you listen and call out before 8, you could join in with the pre net chat.

My QTH was Ashdown 🌲 Forest in the county of East Sussex and working conditions were the 1/4 wave GPA up on a pole and the QYT-TH 9800-D radio.

The weather was kind to us on the night with blue skies, very little clouds and a beautiful sunset.

So now the scene has been set, it's time to listen the stations that called in and were heard and or worked by the net.

CT 1829--Dean--Ashdown 🌲 Forest--East Sussex--The Apprentice
CT 3466--Ray C5--Ashdown 🌲 Forest--East Sussex
TK 08--George--Tonbridge--Kent--The Guv'nor
CT 4362--(Papa) Chris--Reigate Town--Surrey--Think food. . . . 🍕
CT 2072--Steve T--A21--Kent--Mobile 🚗
TE 500--Andy--Whitstable--Kent
KP 441--Steve--Albourne--West Sussex--Mobile 🚗 --1st location of the night
AMC 1966--Boris--Bexhill--East Sussex--Visiting for the channel 12 PMR group
KP 441--Steve--Jack n Jill (Clayton) Hill--West Sussex--2nd location of the night
Richard--Amersham--Buckinghamshire--Welcome to the net 👋
SB 01--Russell--Reigate Hill--Surrey
and me CT 2290--Ray--Ashdown 🌲 Forest--East Sussex--In the Chair 🪑

Thank you to all who called or just listened and sorry if you tried and wasn't heard, please try again.

Here are some of the topics of conversation that you could have heard before, during and after the net.
Bird seed, a meteor burning up in the atmosphere which left a green trail, my radio hiccup the previous Thursday night, the weather and H G Wells The War of the Worlds, the films, the TV show, Jeff Wayne's music version and the 2 stage shows

So before I'm capture by a fighting machine with it's heat ray or feed Trill, I'm going to end this episode and say

Ray 2290 with the chalk and blackboard ⬛

Victor, Little lewie and Sharpshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2023 10:08 pm

-
Ola and welcome

Here is another episode of Ray reviews the PMR net or

"on this date in 1970, the People's Republic of China launches its 1st satellite and transmits the song "East is Red""

The net was on Monday 24th of April 2023, it started at 20.00 Hrs or 8 o'clock (there abouts) and was to be found on channel 14. 
We don't use any CTCSS tones so it's open to all, and you don't even have to use a callsign, you can use your CB handle or even just your name.

My location on the night was Radio Corner, Ashdown 🌲 Forest in the county of East Sussex or JO01BB and the radio was the QYT TH9800D and a 1/4 wave GPA up on a pole.

The weather on the night was, can you guess. . . . . ?

. . . Yep, it was raining, but when the odd crack in the clouds did come, you could see a crescent moon 🌒

Now the stage is set, on with the list of stations that called in and were heard and or worked by the net.

CT 4362--'Papa' Chris--Reigate Town--Surrey--🍕
CT 1829--Dean--Edenbridge--Kent--The Apprentice
C V M--Nigel--Ashdown 🌳 Forest--East Sussex
TW 460--Reichard--Royal Tunbridge Wells--Kent
And me CT 2290--Ray--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--In the chair 🪑

Thank you all who called in and also a mention to the listening stations 👂 you know who you are 😉

With not so many on, there were a number of different topics discussed.
Here are a few. DAB radio's new, new and repairing them, nuclear war with wind up lights and radio's, Thursdays SSB net held on the 20/04/2023, the age range of the operators on the PMR net, light pollution from up lights in a driveway (why?), why some nets have multiple Facebook groups, Sunday's Emergency phone alert and the different CB type approved numbers 27/81, PR 27/97, CEPT 27 GB and the MPT numbers.

That rounds up this episode of 'Ray reviews', thank you for reading and if you spot a mistake, let me know and I will be happy to correct.

73 Cheers n Beers 🍻

Ray with the pen 🖋️ and note book 📖

Sharpshooter likes this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2023 9:43 pm

Hello all and welcome

Please come in and grab a seat, have you got your favourite beverage and snacks with you?

As the lights dim, get ready for another episode of Ray reviews the Monday night PMR net

or

"THIS SPACE FOR RENT, PREVIOUS USER HAS RUN OUT OF IDEAS"

The net was held on the 1st of May, or May Day, in the year 2023 and can be found on channel 14 PMR or 446.16875MHz. 
The net officially starts at 20:00 Hrs, 8 o'clock in the evening or 23:30 in Kabul, Afghanistan. 
But sometimes there can be a pre-net chat which is worth a listen or call in to.

My location for the net was Radio Corner, Ashdown Forest in the county of East Sussex (JO-01-bb) were the weather was dry with some cloud and a sun set in the West. At the end of the net I thought it was pleasantly mild for the time of year.

My set up was the QYT TH-9800 D and a quarter wave antenna up on a fibre glass pole all powered by a 12 volt car battery.

Now we have the when, where, how and what time, lets get on with list of stations that called in and were heard and or worked by the group.

CT 3466--Ray C5--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex
Paul H--High Brooms--Kent--Welcome to the net
Richard--Bidborough Ridge--Kent--Welcome to the net
C V M--Nigel--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex
GT 67--Danny--Crawley--West Sussex
and me CT 2290--Ray--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--in the chair

Now if you have read this far and are about to shout "what about me?"

The listening stations
CT 2236--Dan--Wrotham--Hill--Kent

Peter and Karen who came up for an eye-ball and saved the day with packets of coffee and pizza

MIA CT 4515--John, hope you feeling well soon.

That now completes the log, thank you all who called in, sorry if you tried and wasn't heard, please try again another time.

Here is a hint of some of the topics of conversation. Lights getting dim, how good the CRT SPACE U is for receiving, the quality of the internal speaker and some other post water shed stuff.

That brings us to the end of another 'Ray reviews' episode.

Please leave in a orderly manner and take your rubbish with you

Ray with a stone tablet and chisel

TheReverend and Sharpshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
Sharpshooter
Major contributor
Major contributor
Sharpshooter

Call Sign : 163-CT-329
Times Thanked : 13
QTH or Location : Flintshire
Equipment Used : A growing list

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2023 11:46 pm

Razz229 wrote:
Hello all and welcome

Please come in and grab a seat, have you got your favourite beverage and snacks with you?

As the lights dim, get ready for another episode of Ray reviews the Monday night PMR net

or

"THIS SPACE FOR RENT, PREVIOUS USER HAS RUN OUT OF IDEAS"

The net was held on the 1st of May, or May Day, in the year 2023 and can be found on channel 14 PMR or 446.16875MHz. 
The net officially starts at 20:00 Hrs, 8 o'clock in the evening or 23:30 in Kabul, Afghanistan. 
But sometimes there can be a pre-net chat which is worth a listen or call in to.

My location for the net was Radio Corner, Ashdown Forest in the county of East Sussex (JO-01-bb) were the weather was dry with some cloud and a sun set in the West. At the end of the net I thought it was pleasantly mild for the time of year.

My set up was the QYT TH-9800 D and a quarter wave antenna up on a fibre glass pole all powered by a 12 volt car battery.

Now we have the when, where, how and what time, lets get on with list of stations that called in and were heard and or worked by the group.

Paul H--High Brooms--Kent--Welcome to the net
Richard--Bidborough Ridge--Kent--Welcome to the net
C V M--Nigel--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex
GT 67--Danny--Crawley--West Sussex
and me CT 2290--Ray--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--in the chair

Now if you have read this far and are about to shout "what about me?"

The listening stations
CT 2236--Dan--Wrotham--Hill--Kent

Peter and Karen who came up for an eye-ball and saved the day with packets of coffee and pizza

MIA CT 4515--John, hope you feeling well soon.

That now completes the log, thank you all who called in, sorry if you tried and wasn't heard, please try again another time.

Here is a hint of some of the topics of conversation. Lights getting dim, how good the CRT SPACE U is for receiving, the quality of the internal speaker and some other post water shed stuff.

That brings us to the end of another 'Ray reviews' episode.

Please leave in a orderly manner and take your rubbish with you

Ray with a stone tablet and chisel
CRT space U is great but the internal speaker is carp and why I employ an external speaker 🔇 👍🏼 🤣
Understandably considering the size of the rig.

Good to see the southern nets still popular Ray 👍🏼
Your an inspiration to keep the hobby going.

Razz229 and Cosmic like this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat May 13, 2023 8:17 pm

Hello all and welcome

Here is another episode of Ray reviews the South Coast PMR net (The Monday Night PMR net)

or

"THIS SPACE STILL FOR RENT, 5% DISCOUNT BEING OFFERED"

The net was held on Bank Holiday Monday the 08-05-2023 and can be found on channel 14 or 446.16875 MHz

Now if it's your first time on the net, and are unsure how to call in, maybe try before 8 o'clock  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f557  when people are on and chatting about all sorts of things.

My location for the night was Radio Corner, soon to be called Swampy Corner after all the rain, Ashdown  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f333  Forest in the county of East Sussex and the set up was the slightly deaf QYT TH-8900 D, the 1/4 wave GPA up on a pole and a 12 volt car battery.

And these 4 words sums up the weather. Wet 🥾, Rainy  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 2614 , Windy , Foggy 

Now on with the stations that called in and were heard and or worked by the net.

CT 1829--Dean--Ashdown  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f333  Forest--East Sussex--The Apprentice-- South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f697 
CT 3466--Ray C5--Ashdown  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f333  Forest--East Sussex-- South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f697 
CT 4515--John--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex-- South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f697 
OM 001--Graham--Burgess Hill--West Sussex--The Landlord
C V M--Nigel--Crowborough--East Sussex--1st location of the night 
KP 441--Steve--Devils Dyke--Finding that moving the car a couple of parking spaces loses some stations but gives you others-- South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f697 
Richard--Bidborough Ridge--Kent-- South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f697 
Delta 31--Adam--Hastings--East Sussex
Speed Bird--Russell--Reigate Hill--Surrey-- South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f697 
C V M--Nigel--Ashdown  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f333  Forest--East Sussex--2nd location of the night-- South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f699 
And me, CT 2290--Ray--Ashdown  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f333  Forest--East Sussex--In the chair--Portable

That the who's who of all that called in.

Thank you all who did call in  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f44d  and sorry if you tried and wasn't heard. Please try again another time.

Here are some of the interesting topics of conversation heard before, during and after the net.
A 446 Halo antenna design and would there be any gain going from vertical to horizontal?, Lord Haw-Haw, 911 conspiracies, food, Kenny Everett and other Radio DJ's, UFO's 🛸 or as there are called now UAP's and Nigel giving our exact location away with What Three Words  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f632 🤫

That rounds up this episode of 'Ray reviews'

73 and bye for now  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f44b 

Ray 2290 with charcoal and Silver Birch bark.

SangueG and Sharpshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat May 20, 2023 8:45 am

Hello all and welcome

Here is another episode of Ray reviews the South Coast PMR net 

or

"Wot, no bank holiday!"

If your a regular reader you may want to skip to the list of stations that called in.

If this is new to you, then please read on

The net was held on Monday 15th of May 2023 and can be found on channel 14 or 446.16875MHz.
We don't use any kind of CTCSS tones, is analogue, on NFM (narrow FM) and all are welcome, you don't have to have a callsign or handle.

The official start time is 20:00 BST, 19:00 UTC or good old 8 o'clock in the PM. BUT, if you listen before then, you may find people having a pre net chat.
The finish time is from 11:00 onwards depending on numbers, weather, propagation and my supply of coffee.

My location for the night was Radio Corner, Ashdown Forest in the county of East Sussex (JO-bb-01) and my set up was the QYT KT-8900 D, transmitting on low power, through a Dean made 1/4 wave antenna all powered by a 12 volt car battery.

The weather was warm, sunny with clear skies. the temperature at the beginning of the net was 13 degrees C and at the end it had dropped down to 4 degrees C 

Now with the when, where and how. It's time for the list of call in's

KP 441--Steve--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex--1st location of the night
MD 26--Dave--Bexhill--East Sussex
AMC 1966--Boris--Bexhill--East Sussex
KP 441--Steve--Henfield--West Sussex--2nd location of the night and 2nd county of the night
Peter--Tonbridge--Kent
TW 460--Richard--Tunbridge wells--Kent
and me CT 2290--Ray--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--In the chair.

Special mention to the listening stations. You know who you are.

Thank you all who called in. 
I'm lucky to have a bunch of patient professional operators on the net
Sorry if you tried and didn't get through, please try again another time.

That rounds up this episode of "Ray reviews"

Thank you for reading, feel free to comment

73 and bye for now

Ray 2290

"WOT
 NO,
emoji's!"

Tonyvic and Sharpshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri May 26, 2023 11:06 am

~
Hello all and welcome  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f600 

Here is another episode of Ray reviews the South Coast aka Monday night PMR net

or

"  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f3b6 Happy birthday, happy birthday  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f3b6  (Altered Images)"

The net was held on Monday, the twenty second day, of the fifth month, of the year two thousand and twenty three or 22-05-2023.
The net officially starts at 20:00 Hrs BST or 8 o'clock PM  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f557   , but, if you tune in earlier, you may find people on warming up with some pre-net chatter.

My set up is a QYT KT 8900-D on 10 watts and a Dean made 1/4 wave GPA on a fibre glass pole. Which is all powered by a 12 volt car battery  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f50b 
My location was a windy and overcast Radio Corner, Ashdown Forest   South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f333  in the county of East Sussex.

"But Ray, what channel or frequency is it on?" I hear you ask

That is a good question, and the answer is analogue channel 14 (446.16875 MHz) were we use FM narrow and no CTCSS tones.

Now on to the list of stations that called in and were heard and or worked by the net.

Dean--CT 1829--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--The Apprentice &  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f697 
Russell--Speed Bird--Reigate Hill--Surrey--  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f697 
Andy Bartman--CT 4610--Reigate Hill--Surrey--  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f697 
Steve Joker--CT 4627--Reigate Hill--Surrey--  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f697 
Steve--KP 441--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex--  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f699  
George--TK 08--Tonbridge--Kent--The Guv'nor
Chris--CT 1033--Tonbridge--Kent
Tony--CT 4013--Brighton--East Sussex
Peter--Tonbridge--Kent
Graham--OM 001--Burgess Hill--West Sussex
Toby--Tango 187--Ditchling Beacon Trig point--Pushbike  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f6b2  mobile, on a handy and welcome back to the group  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f603  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f44d 
Ray C5--CT 3466--Crowhurst--Surrey
John--CT 4515--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex--  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f697 
Chris--CT 4362--Reigate Town--Surrey--On a handy
Mark--London Calling--Leyton--East London
Kev--Scully--Newhaven--East Sussex--Welcome to the net
Mike--CT 1074--Brighton--East Sussex--On a handy
Adam--Delta 31--Hastings--East Sussex
and me Ray--CT 2290--Ashdown Forest  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f333 --East Sussex--In the chair 

Thank you all who called in and sorry if you tried and wasn't heard. Please try again in the future.

Special thank to the listening stations of Barry, Russell and Peter. Hope we kept you entertained.

And a extra special thank you and birthday wishes to John CT 4515, who left his ice cream and jelly to join in the nights net  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f382  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f367   South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f381 

At the end of the net, the clouds had moved on and I was left with a clear sky, a thin crescent moon  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f312  and a mild 9 degrees C outside.

That wraps things up for this episode of Ray reviews.
Thank you for reading, if you spot a mistake or I have left anything or anyone out, let me know and I will happily correct it.

TTFN & 73 :wave:

Ray with the notebook  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f4d7  and pen  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 2712 

SangueG and Sharpshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2023 9:08 pm

Hello all and a welcome

Here is another episode of Ray reviews the South Coast PMR net

or

" If is says 2 miles, it means 2 miles "

The net was held on, yet another Bank holiday, this one being Monday 29/05/2023 and can be found on channel 14 no CTCSS tones using NFM or narrow FM.

The net is scheduled to start at 20:00/8 o'clock  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f557  , but sometimes you may find people on having a pre-net chat.

My working conditions utilises a QYT TH-8900 D radio, a Dean made 1/4 wave GPA up on a mixture of fibre glass and metal poles all powered by car batteries  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f50b  . This is set up in what we call Radio Corner, Ashdown Forest  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f333  in the county of East Sussex.

On with the list of stations heard and or worked by the net.

CT 3466--Ray C5--Crowhurst--Surrey
CT 1829--Dean--Ashdown Forest  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f333  --East Sussex--The Apprentice
C V M--Nigel--Ashdown Forest  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f333  --East Sussex
AMC 1966--Boris--East Sussex
KP 441--Steve--Devils Dyke--West Sussex

The Reigate Hill Posse

CT 4627--Steve the Joker--Reigate Hill--Surrey
CT 4610--Andy Bartman--Reigate Hill--Surrey
Ratty 248--Chris--Reigate Hill--Surrey
Witchy Women--Vicky--Reigate Hill--Surrey

And me CT 2290--Radio Corner--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--In the big comfy chair 

Thank you to the guys from the channel 12 group who popped in, thank you all who did call in and sorry if you tried and wasn't heard. Please try again in the future.

Some of the topics of conversation on the night were. The difference between antenna and aerial, Nigel using a handy from his new car, the incapability of a CRT Space U and Reigate Hill, Dean transforming into International Rescue to help a E****** **R owner who ran out of charge while on the way home.

That rounds things up for this episode. If you spot a mistake, let me know and I will happily correct it.

Best 73 to all

Don't forget to put the cat  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f431  out with the empty milk bottles 

Ray 2290

Tonyvic and Sharpshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2023 9:16 pm

South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f4fb 
Hello all and welcome

Here is another episode of Ray reviews the South Coast PMR Net aka the Monday Night Net

or

"Don't believe the forecast"

The net was held on Monday the 5th of June 2023, and started a little before 20:00  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f557  on channel 14 with no CTCSS tones and using the NFM setting on the radio.

My location for the net was Radio Corner, Ashdown Forest  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f333  in the county of East Sussex where the weather was sunny, some hazy cloud and a breeze which slowly got stronger as the night went on.

My set was the QYT TH-8900 D and the 1/4 wave GPA up on a pole to start with, then I changed over to the 8 element beam for the night, hopeful the tropo forecast would be right.

Now on with the list of stations that called in. All stations are 26 division unless otherwise stated.

CT 3466--Ray C5--Ashdown  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f333  Forest--East Sussex
The elusive Peter--Tonbridge--Kent
CT 1074--Mike--Firle Beacon--East Sussex
Barry the Batchelor--Firle Beacon--East Sussex--Welcome to the net  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f44d  and shotgun with Mike
CT 4515--John--Black Cap trig point--East Sussex--Pushbike  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f6b2  portable
Steve--Crawley--West Sussex--Welcome to the net  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f44d 
CT 700--Dave--Crawley Down--West Sussex--Welcome to the net  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f44d 
C V M--Nigel--Ashdown  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f333  Forest--East Sussex

The Monday Night Channel 12 Group

AMC 1966--Boris--Bexhill--East Sussex
Ricky on the Ridge--Hastings--East Sussex

And me CT 2290--Ray--Ashdown  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f332  Forest--East Sussex--In the chair

Thank you all who called in and sorry if you tried and wasn't heard. Please try again another time.
Cheers to Mike CT 1074 & John CT 4515 for being the link between us and the Channel 12 Group.

Here are some of the topics of conversation. The prices of CB and ham radio's on eBay, tropo, the comedy due on Firle Beacon, Nigel's electric car, my pen running out of ink, LED head lights and Mikes 4x4 shrinking in the wash.

That about rounds up this episode of Ray reviews. If you spot a mistake, let me know and I will correct it.

Best 73 and TTFN

Ray 2290 with the pens  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 2712  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 2712  and paper  South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 1f4c3 

26CT1074, TheReverend, Tonyvic, Sharpshooter and DerekF like this post

Back to top Go down
26CT1074
Contributor
Contributor
26CT1074

Call Sign : 26-CT-1074 / M7MMC
QTH or Location : Brighton, East Sussex
Equipment Used : Icom IC-7300, Lincoln II (V4), Xiegu X6100

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2023 11:37 am

It was a belter! I must bring a small notepad with me in future, I keep forgetting names and callsigns lol

looking forward to the next one!

Razz229 and Tonyvic like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/c/OnTheMicwithMike
TheReverend
Senior contributor
Senior contributor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3921 / M7GDA
QTH or Location : Lambourn
Equipment Used : CRT SS9900, CRT ONE N, CRT Electro, UV-5r, B550p, HP-202, Sirio 4000, T2lT, Sharmans X-50, Diamond A430....and many bits of wire.

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2023 12:47 am

Nice one Ray!!  I'm in the process of changing my job. which will hopefully give me a bit more airtime, so I'll definitely trying from here in West Berks on my beam one night!!

Enjoy!

Simon.
Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2023 9:50 am

26CT1074 wrote:
It was a belter! I must bring a small notepad with me in future, I keep forgetting names and callsigns lol

looking forward to the next one!

To be fair, you did have a pen, so you are half way prepared

Quote of the night

"Mike your audio is in the back of the box" 

A comment from a station who will remain unnamed

"it's because he's in the back of a (Suzuki) Jimny" 😆😆

26CT1074 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

South Coast PMR net report
Page 12 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next