Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 Icon_minitimeToday at 8:49 pm by SangueG

» CW sidesweeper, new project
Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 Icon_minitimeToday at 4:13 pm by karelgol

» Swedish Repeater on Ch20 Mid
Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 Icon_minitimeToday at 1:29 pm by Vasilis

» CRT SS 9900 V4
Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 Icon_minitimeToday at 11:57 am by babis3g

» Moved from Introductions
Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:43 pm by babis3g

» Mr Macmillan (Information requested)
Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:07 pm by John123

» Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net
Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:52 pm by Razz229

» New member (Issued)
Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:43 pm by GaryWilson

» 27.555 usb from a longwire
Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:45 pm by stephen Gunrunner

Keywords
chart supply list call 2023 meter Sirio antenna Baofeng ALINCO 9900 display anytone Mckinley yaesu sign software frequency lincoln Mobile power callsign ss9900 2022 6900 president
QRZ Database

Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net

Go down 
+31
skyrider
13oots2
Chris CT
Sharpshooter
Tonyvic
zompieuk
Wireless
Radio Lilac
Victor
firebob22
Fast1
SangueG
26uk81
cube
Steve084
Littlefella
Jape
listener85
Bubbaphatass
spurs dazza47
StevieG
CarrotFingers
14CT010
stormy
Vendee85
morris
Straycat
THE RIZLA
Pacman
AppleTree
Razz229
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

Call Sign : 26 CT 2290 & 26 CI 2290
Times Thanked : 28
QTH or Location : Kent
Equipment Used : On 11m a Anytone 6666, Solarcon A99 vertical antenna or a Sirio 4000. On PMR a TYT TH-9800, a 1/4 wave GPA, homemade mag mount & sometimes a 8 element beam.

Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net   Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2023 9:43 pm

~
Hello and welcome.

This is my report for the Southern Area & South Coast SSB net AKA The Original Thursday night net, held on 6th of April 2023.

The net can be found on channel 39 LSB on the CEPT/EURO/FFC/Mid-block, what ever you want to call it, or 27.395 MHz LSB and depending on my shift, is scheduled to start at 8 o'clock BST, 20:00 Hrs or 04:00 Korean time.

My location was Ashdown Forest (home of Winnie the Pooh and friends) in the county of East Sussex and my working conditions were the Anytone AT-6666 (no power mic, no amp) and a Solarcon A99 on a pole.

The weather was wet under foot after the earlier rain, but at the start of the net there was high wispy cloud with a gentle breeze, which allowed me to see a red full moon rise in the East.

Here is the list of stations heard and or worked by the net.
All stations are 26 division unless otherwise stated.

CT 3969--Dave--Isle of Wight 🥇
AH 09--Tim--Berkshire Downs--Berkshire  🥈
CT 4515--John--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex  🥉
SB 01 aka Speed Bird--Reigate Hill--Surrey
CT 4362--Chris--Reigate Town--Surrey
CT 4013--Tony--Brighton--East Sussex
VT 01--Roy--Biggin Hill--Kent
CT 4029--Tom--Blackheath--Southeast London
FB 249--Jay--Cowfold--West Sussex
FI 420--Dick with the DX dogs--Near Cambridge--Cambridgeshire
OM 001--Graham--Burgess Hill--West Sussex
CT 4169--Martin--Hastings--East Sussex
GE 12--Tim--Near Eastbourne--East Sussex--1st location of the night
D 31--Adam--Near Eastbourne--East Sussex--Shot gun with GE 12
NB 101--Dave--Edenbridge--Kent
CW 443--Kris--Shoreham--West Sussex
CT 1807--Karl--Chelsfield--Southeast London
GE 12--Tim--Firle Beacon--East Sussex--2nd location of the night
D 31--Adam--Firle Beacon--East Sussex--Shot gun with GE 12
CT 3466--Ray C5--Crowhurst--Surrey
LT 727--Dave--Elstree--Hertfordshire
# 109--Jonny--East Ham--London
and me CI 2290--Ray--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex

Thank you all who called in, an extra thank to all the mobile/portable stations that came out and activated there local high spots and sorry if you tried and wasn't heard due to the noisy band conditions.

That wraps up my report for the net, if you see a mistake or I have forgotten something, let me know and I will correct it

Ray 2290, keeper of the log

For the first time in a long time, the went on onto Friday!!

Victor, Little lewie and Sharpshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
Sharpshooter
Major contributor
Major contributor
Sharpshooter

Call Sign : 163-CT-329
Times Thanked : 13
QTH or Location : Deeside, Flintshire
Equipment Used : A growing list

PostSubject: Re: Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net   Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2023 5:42 pm

Hi Ray, I listened out last Thursday but heard nothing except the odd very very faint roger beeps.
Obviously coming from any direction 😁

I did manage to log into the north west net but didn't stick around as I was getting waves of nauseating interference ☹
Back to top Go down
Tonyvic
Major contributor
Major contributor
Tonyvic

Call Sign : 26-CT-4013/M7DVQ
Times Thanked : 12
QTH or Location : Brighton, East Sussex
Equipment Used : Yaesu 991a - Imax 2000 - CRT Electro - Sharman X50

PostSubject: Re: Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net   Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2023 6:00 pm

Nige, sometimes conditions aren't right for me either maybe try a few times between 8 & 11pm.
There are occasions when I can hardly hear Ray & any others at radio corner, and I'm only about 17 miles away but often 30-60 minutes later they come steaming through.

Good luck! Smile

Sharpshooter likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://allradio.co.uk
Sharpshooter
Major contributor
Major contributor
Sharpshooter

PostSubject: Re: Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net   Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2023 9:57 pm

Tonyvic wrote:
Nige, sometimes conditions aren't right for me either maybe try a few times between 8 & 11pm.
There are occasions when I can hardly hear Ray & any others at radio corner, and I'm only about 17 miles away but often 30-60 minutes later they come steaming through.

Good luck! Smile

I did try again Tony but it was my Mrs birthday so didn't want to spend too much time on the radio 👍🏼😁

It's a long way for me and there's a few mountains in the way, but hopefully in the summer I might get up one of them mountain's and the conditions fall in my favour.

👍🏼
Back to top Go down
Tonyvic
Major contributor
Major contributor
Tonyvic

Call Sign : 26-CT-4013/M7DVQ
Times Thanked : 12
QTH or Location : Brighton, East Sussex
Equipment Used : Yaesu 991a - Imax 2000 - CRT Electro - Sharman X50

PostSubject: Re: Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net   Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2023 10:48 pm

I understand Nige, you Must keep the station manager happy. Smile

Unfortunately Ray had radio troubles so couldn't run it tonight and it ended up with a number of local(ish) copies going on, along with Kentucky and other US stations all going over each other fighting to get UK.

As you say, summer could be the time for you.
Back to top Go down
https://allradio.co.uk
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

Equipment Used : On 11m a Anytone 6666, Solarcon A99 vertical antenna or a Sirio 4000. On PMR a TYT TH-9800, a 1/4 wave GPA, homemade mag mount & sometimes a 8 element beam.

PostSubject: Re: Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net   Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 24, 2023 7:56 am

-
Hello all and welcome

After missing last weeks net due to a diode explosion. Here is my report for the Southern Area and South Coast SSB net held on the 20th of April 2023.

The net can be found on frequency 27.395 MHz or channel 39 on the Mid-block, the US CB band or CEPT using the mode of LSB.

The net is scheduled to start at 8 o'clock PM BST, 7 o'clock PM UTC or 12:30 AM New Delhi time and my location was Ashdown Forest or 100 Aker Wood from Winne the Pooh, in the county of East Sussex, and my set up was Dean's (CT 1829) CRT SS 9900 (no amp, no power mic) connected to the Solarcon A99 just 1 1/2 meters above the ground.

The weather was windy, cloudy with rain at the beginning of the net, which dried out later as the net went on.

Now for the list of stations that called in and were heard and or worked by the net.
All stations are 26 division unless otherwise stated.

CT 1829--Dean--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--Thank you for the load of the radio 
AH 09--Tim--Berkshire Downs--Berkshire--Westside chairman
CCA 20--Charlie--Hassocks--West Sussex
MR 121--Matt--Copthorne--West Sussex
CT 3969--Dave--Isle of Wight
2 # 323--Rainman--From the Bluegrass state of Kentucky--USA
FB 20--Jono--Near Goodwood--West Sussex
CT 4362--Chris--Reigate Hill--Surrey
CT 2453--Chris--Bexhill--East Sussex
RB 456--Nick--East Grinstead--West Sussex
KP 441--Steve--Henfield--West Sussex
CT 1829--Dean--Edenbridge--Kent
2 WR 785--Tony--Cleveland--Ohio--USA
2 # 027-- ? --Kentucky--USA
2 # 549--Shooting Star--Virginia--USA
2 WR 0179--Craig--Wheeling--West Virginia--USA
GB 23--Paul--Gatwick--West Sussex
2 WR 245--Mike--Cleveland--Ohio--USA
2 # 606--Stan--Chicago--Illinois--USA
2 WR 1951--Bill--Handcock County--West Virginia--USA
CT 4029/RC 402--Tom--Blackheath--Southeast London
2 WR 2243--Matt--Baltimore--Maryland--USA
2 # 156--Greg--Southeast Ohio--USA
2 # 333-- ? --Ohio--USA
2 # 138--Dave--Ohio--USA
2 # 240-- ? --Pennsylvania--USA
2 # 219--Eric--New York City--New York State--USA
9 # 969--Dougal--Niagara--Ontario--Canada
9 # 57--Doug--Ontario--Canada
9 # 131--John--Ontario--Canada
2 WR 802--Rich--Williamstown--New Jersey--USA
2 # 138-- ? --Cleveland--Ohio--USA
2 # 35-- ? --Virginia--USA
148--Paul--English side of Brecon Beacons--Herefordshire--Welcome to the net
and me CI 2290--Ray--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--A tired chairman

For those wondering, or thinking, that any contact with a question mark as a name should not be counted, lots of American/Canadian stations just use their unit number and state when DXing IE 666 Death Valley, California

Thank you all who called in and thank you to Tim (AH 09), Martin (CT 4169), Tom (CT 4029) & Dave (LT 747) for bringing in and passing round the many 2 & 9 division stations that joined us 

Sorry to those who were not heard, it was busy and noisy night

That rounds up this report, if you see any mistakes, spelling errors let me know and I will correct it

Ray 2290

Victor, TheReverend, SangueG, Tonyvic and Sharpshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net   Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 24, 2023 9:06 am

Great report there Ray and good to read, especially operators bringing in those stations Stateside rather than treating it all as QRM. Wink

Awesome stuff and by the sounds of it a great net on the night. Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 1f44d 

Victor

Razz229, TheReverend and Tonyvic like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net   Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 24, 2023 10:04 am

Victor wrote:
Great report there Ray and good to read, especially operators bringing in those stations Stateside rather than treating it all as QRM. Wink

Awesome stuff and by the sounds of it a great net on the night. Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 1f44d 

Victor

Thank you Victor

It was an amazing night. 

Being able to work so many 2 & 9 division stations on about 40 watts and a car battery (which may never be the same).

I must again, say thank you to the stations that stayed with the net, it would have easy to just go freelance and do their own thing, and to the stations on the other side of the pond for also getting their friends to call us

Ray 2290

Victor, Tonyvic and Sharpshooter like this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net   Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 24, 2023 2:02 pm

Hello Ray and I hope your voice has returned 🤣
Now that was long overdue mate for all the hard work and commitment you do through thick and thin,Sun and snow.
As you know I worked late and was QTH for the net,I could have sat there all night listening to you working Stateside and Canada,On that frequency and mode and with the next Solar cycle getting better and better by the month it was long overdue.
Hoping next week will be just as good and I have no hesitation being the ears up on the hill.
Cheers Ray
Tom
Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net   Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 25, 2023 9:52 pm

Chickenfoot@1987 wrote:
Hello Ray and I hope your voice has returned 🤣
Now that was long overdue mate for all the hard work and commitment you do through thick and thin,Sun and snow.
As you know I worked late and was QTH for the net,I could have sat there all night listening to you working Stateside and Canada,On that frequency and mode and with the next Solar cycle getting better and better by the month it was long overdue.
Hoping next week will be just as good and I have no hesitation being the ears up on the hill.
Cheers Ray
Tom
Hi Tom

My voice is back to it's normal gravely self, so no singing like an angel for me  lol!

Don't know if I deserve it, but this was me when I left the Forest  cheers bounce
I'm also glad that a few got a chance to witness, be part and enjoy the night too

Now as for going on all night, if only I had a 2nd battery with me (like I will this week, just in case  Wink Wink )

As we all know 27.395 LSB is the spill over channel when 27.385 gets to busy, so I was surprised that we heard and worked so many.

Roll on the net couple of weeks 
You never know we might have a trans-Atlantic net  pale affraid

Thank you again Tom

Ray

SangueG likes this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net   Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2023 3:13 pm

~
Hello and welcome to all

Now the excitement of last week has almost worn off, here is my report for the Southern Area and South Coast SSB net held on Thursday 27-04-2023 or the American way 04-27-23.

The net is on channel 39/27.395 LSB and starts at 8 o'clock in the PM BST (British Summer Time) or 19:00 UTC 

My location was Ashdown Forest (home of Winnie the Pooh), in the county of East Sussex (JO00bb) and as a portable station, my working conditions were a CRT 9900 (no amp, no power mic) and a Solarcon A99 about 60 inches above the ground all powered by 2, 12 volt, car batteries

The weather on the night can be described by 3 words. Wet and raining

Here is my list of stations heard and or worked by the net, all stations are 26 division unless otherwise stated.

CT 4515--John--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex--Mobile 
RC 402/CT 4029--Tom--Blackheath--Southeast London--Mobile 
AH 09--Tim--Berkshire Downs--Berkshire--Westside chair--Mobile 
CT 4051--Steve--Hoo Peninsula--Kent--Welcome to the net 
DDB 29--Paul--Cranleigh--Surrey
ST 009--Tom--East London
GE 12--Tim--Beachy Head--East Sussex--Mobile 
D 31--Adam--Beachy Head--East Sussex--Shotgun with GE 12
FB 249--Jay--Cowfold--East Sussex
CT 5588--Chris on the bridge--Welly Garden Centre--Hertfordshire--Mobile with his feet in a bucket of sand
CT 4803--Bernie--Ford--West Sussex--Welcome to the net
2 DX 919--Dale--Cleveland--Ohio--USA
2 # 304-- ?  --Pennsylvania--USA
and me CI 2290--Ray--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--In the chair 🪑 and mobile 

The band conditions were very different to last week. There were low voices always in the back ground, an ignition sound that covered a number of channels and 3 German stations having a ragchew on FM

Thank you all who called in, well done to the mobile stations for braving the weather.
If you tried calling and wasn't heard please try again.

That, I think, rounds up this report.
If I have missed anything or got something wrong, let me know and I will correct my mistake.

Until next time

Ray 2290

TheReverend and Sharpshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
Sharpshooter
Major contributor
Major contributor
Sharpshooter

PostSubject: Re: Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net   Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2023 10:17 pm

Hi Ray, all the bands are dead for me lately.
Am, Fm, SSB, USB. ☹
Just as well as I can hardly speak with this virus lol. But it would be nice to hear something at least. 👍🏼
Nice to see your all having good contacts down there though 👍🏼

Razz229 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net   Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2023 8:05 pm

Sharpshooter wrote:
Am, Fm, SSB, USB. ☹
Just as well as I can hardly speak with this virus lol. But it would be nice to hear something at least. 👍🏼
~
Hi Nige

Thing have been quiet for me too! 
I turned on my old CB Master 3600 and heard nothing form the lowest to the high frequency it covers, which made me think at one point, "I have forgotten to plug the antenna in?".

Just because the net wasn't bombed with loads of US/Canadian stations like the previous week, it was still enjoyable for me.

Hope you feel better soon and we do get a chance to make contact over the air.

Ray

Back to top Go down
Sharpshooter
Major contributor
Major contributor
Sharpshooter

PostSubject: Re: Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net   Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu May 04, 2023 12:02 am

Razz229 wrote:
Sharpshooter wrote:
Am, Fm, SSB, USB. ☹
~
Hi Nige

I turned on my old CB Master 3600 and heard nothing form the lowest to the high frequency it covers, which made me think at one point, "I have forgotten to plug the antenna in?".

Just because the net wasn't bombed with loads of US/Canadian stations like the previous week, it was still enjoyable for me.

Ray

Your on my bucket list of radio contacts along with Kate, whom I heard up here and any American lol 👍🏼
But yeah, good fun Ray and a hobby I'm enjoying and need to build on.

I've family darn sarf I need to visit so a good excuse to get on the southern net 👍🏼😁

Keep up the good work mate, cheers and beers, seventy threes .

Razz229 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net   Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2023 11:48 pm

Sharpshooter wrote:
Razz229 wrote:
Sharpshooter wrote:
Am, Fm, SSB, USB. ☹
~
Hi Nige

Ray

Your on my bucket list of radio contacts along with Kate, whom I heard up here and any American lol 👍🏼
But yeah, good fun Ray and a hobby I'm enjoying and need to build on.

I've family darn sarf I need to visit so a good excuse to get on the southern net 👍🏼😁

Keep up the good work mate, cheers and beers, seventy threes .

I've never been on a bucket list lol!

Where down south have you got family? I might be able to suggest a few high spots for a day/night of radio 😉😉

PM me when your coming down and we can arrange to meet up on air.

Ray
Back to top Go down
Sharpshooter
Major contributor
Major contributor
Sharpshooter

PostSubject: Re: Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net   Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2023 2:33 pm

Hi Ray, they're in Essex, not sure where now. Haven't been down there for over 20 years lol.
I unfortunately missed an auntie's funeral a few years ago.
I don't travel far currently due to my old dog stressing in the car.
But would like to try and get down there one day, if only to pay my respects to my late aunt 👍🏼

Ps, ok I should of said "your southern net is on my bucket list" 👍🏼🤣

Razz229 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net   Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2023 11:13 am

Hello and welcome to all

Here is my report for the Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net held on Thursday 04-05-2023

The net can be found on channel 39 on the Mids or CEPT, the American 40 or 27.395 MHz using Lower Side Band and is scheduled to start at 19:00 UTC, 8:00 PM or 20:00 BST.

My location was a breezy and cloudy Ashdown Forest  Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 1f333 , in the county of East Sussex.
My working conditions was a CRT 9900 which part way through the net I swapped for a Anytone AT-6666, the Solarcon A99 with the base about 3 meters in the air all powered by a 12 volt car battery.

Band conditions were again noisy with 2, 3, 9, 12 and 14 divisions being heard along with the various other strange noises.

To see what the night was going to be like, I put call out on 27.385 LSB and worked

9 WR 500--Terry--Nova Scotia--Canada  Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 1f341 

Here is my list of stations heard and or worked by the net, all stations are 26 division unless otherwise stated.

CT 1829--Dean--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--Mobile  Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 1f697 
RC 402/CT 4029--Tom--Blackheath--Southeast London--Mobile   Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 1f697 
TK 08--George--Tonbridge--Kent
AH 09--Tim--Berkshire Downs--Berkshire--Portable and Westside chair
CT 4515--John--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex--Portable
SA 059--Clive--Reigate Hill--Surrey-- M25 Mobile  Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 1f69b 
AMC 1966--Boris--Bexhill--East Sussex--Portable
CT ? --Chris--Bexhill--East Sussex--Shotgun with Boris
2 # 459--Tim--Florida-USA  Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 1f1fa-1f1f8 
LT 727--Echo Dave--Elstree--Hertfordshire
GE 12--Tim--Crowhurst--East Sussex--Mobile  Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 1f697 
Road Runner--Andros--Crowhurst--Shotgun with Tim
9 # 916 from Canada  Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 1f341 , We heard you call in and did call back
CW 443--Kris--Shoreham by Sea--West Sussex
2 # 541--High Roller--East coast of Florida near NASA  Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 1f680 --USA  Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 1f1fa-1f1f8   
Speed Bird--Russell--Reigate Hill--Surrey--Mobile  Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 1f697 
Peter--Tonbridge--Kent--Mobile  Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 1f697  and welcome to the net  Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 1f44d 
And me CI 2290--Ray--Ashdown Forest  Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 1f333 --East Sussex--Portable and in the chair

That concludes the list and again, thank you all who called in. Sorry if you tied and wasn't heard, please try again in the future.

Thank you to George (TK 08) for bring my dead radio back to life and Peter, with Karen, for bring it up to the forest.

That rounds up my report.
If you have something to add or see that I have missed something out or got something wrong let me know and I will correct it.

Ray 2290 with the pen and paper

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net   Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 17, 2023 9:09 pm

Hello and welcome

"tonight's net was sponsored by coffee"

Here is my report for net held on Thursday 11-05-2023. The net is scheduled to start at 19:00 UTC or 20:00 BST or 07:00 Friday morning in New Zealand.
The net can be found on 27.395 MHz or channel 39 CEPT/FCC using the LSB mode.

My working conditions were the repaired Anytone AT-6666 (no amp & no power mic) and the Solarcon A99 all powered by a 12 volt car battery and my location was Ashdown  Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 1f332  Forest (home of Winnie the Pooh and friends) in the county of East Sussex.

Band conditions were noisy with no real way of telling what division was out there!

He is my list of stations heard and or worked by the net. All stations are 26 division unless otherwise stated.

AMC 1966--Boris--Area 52--Bexhill-- Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 1f699 
CT 2453--Chris--Area 52--Bexhill--Shotgun with Boris
DDB 04--Steve--Devils Dyke--West Sussex--Chairman of the DDB Saturday night FM net
RC 402/CT 4029--Tom--Blackheath--Southeast London-- Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 1f697 
GT 67--Danny--Crawley--West Sussex
CT4362--Chris--Reigate Town--Surrey
TK 08--George--Tonbridge--Kent--Checking up on me LOL
CT 4515--John aka Mr Madison--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex-- Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 1f697 
AH 09--Tim--Berkshire Downs--Berkshire--Westside chair-- Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 1f699 
FI 420--Dick--Near Cambridge--Cambridgeshire--With the DX dogs  Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 1f415  and  Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 1f699 
GE 12--Tim--Beachy Head--East Sussex-- Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 1f697 
D 31--Adam--Beachy Head--East Sussex--Shotgun with Tim
CT 3649--Joe--Wadhurst--East Sussex
Speed Bird--Russell--Reigate Hill--Surrey-- Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 1f697 
UK 175--Wayne--Tunbridge Wells--Kent
1 LR 05--Max--Italy-- Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 1f1ee-1f1f9 
FB 20--Jono--Bognor Regus--East Sussex--Birthday Boy  Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 1f382  Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 1f388 
and me CI 2290--Ray--Ashdown  Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 1f332  Forest--East Sussex--in the chair🪑 and  Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 1f699 

That rounds up the list of stations that called in.
Thank you all who called in and sorry if you tried and wasn't heard, please try again another night.

If you see something wrong or I have forgotten, let me know and I will and correct it.

Cheers n Beers

Ray 2290 with the pen  Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 2712  and paper  Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 1f4d6 

PS Steve DDB 04, thank you for popping in, I will return the courtesy and join in with you guys soon.

Tonyvic likes this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net   Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2023 9:38 am

Hello all

Here is my report for the Thursday night, Southern Area & South Coast SSB net held on 18th of May 2023.

The net is weekly and can be found on channel 39 of the mid-block or 27.395 MHz using Lower Sideband.

It starts close to 20:00 BST or 8 o'clock PM 🕗 UK time and finishes from 23:00 onwards depending on who's still on or what the band conditions are like.

My location for the net is Ashdown 🌳 Forest (home of Winnie the Pooh and Tigger too!) in the county of East Sussex and the set up was the Anytone AT-6666 (no amp no power mic), a Solarcon A99 on a 3 meter mast all powered by 12 volt car batteries 🪫🔋

The weather was warm and sunny sunny with cloud coming in from the West, making it a pleasant evening for Radio.

Now here is my list of stations that called in and were heard and or worked by the net.

Speed Bird--Russell--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex-- 🚗
CT 5588--Chris on the Bridge--Welly Garden Centre--Hertfordshire-- 🚗
GT 67--Danny--Crawley--West Sussex
CT 700--Dave--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex--🚗 
CT 4186--Dan--Thurrock--Essex
CT 4515--John--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex-- 🚗
LS 43--Luke--Gravesend--Kent--Welcome to the net 👍
RC 402--Tom--Blackheath--Southeast London-- 🚗
UK 175--Wayne--Wadhurst--East Sussex
OP 525--Denis--Mereworth--Kent
AH 09--Tim--Andover--Hampshire-- 🚗
2 # 244--North Carolina--USA  Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 1f1fa-1f1f8 
2 # 549--Shooting Star--Virginia--USA-- Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 1f1fa-1f1f8  Welcome back to the net
2 # 77--Ray--Atlanta--Georgia--USA-- Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 1f1fa-1f1f8  with his 4 element beam and 1Kw of power
and me CI 2290--Ray--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--in the chair 💺 and 🚗

Special mention to Joe CT 3649 who made his first stateside  Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 1f1fa-1f1f8  contact while on the net.

Thank you all who called in and thank you to Russell (Speed Bird) for taking time to travel up to Ashdown Forest for an eyeball.

Sorry if you tried to get in and wasn't heard. Please do try again.

If you spot any mistakes or I have missed something, let me know and I will get it corrected.

That's it for this report, catch you next time

Ray with the pen 🖋️ and note book 📖

morris, Tonyvic, Sharpshooter and Red Rooster LN-4614 like this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net   Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2023 10:16 pm

Hello and welcome

Here is my report of the Southern Area & South Coast SSB net held on 25-05-2023

The net can be found on channel 39 FCC/Mid-block or 27.395 MHz using LSB (Lower Sideband) and it starts at 20:00 🕗 UK time or 19:00 🕖 UTC.

My location for the night was a peaceful Radio Corner, Ashdown Forest🌳  in the county of East Sussex.
My set up was the Anytone AT-6666 (no amp, no power mic) powered by a car battery and a Solarcon A99 with the base 3 metres off the ground.

The WX report was Blue skies, a sunset and a crescent moon 🌒 in the sky. The temperature at the beginning of the net was 12.3 degrees C and at the end it had dropped to 5.5 degrees C

On with the list of stations heard and or worked by the net, all stations are 26 division unless otherwise stated.

AH 09--Tim--Berkshire Downs--Berkshire--Westside chair
CT 5588--Chris on the Bridge--Welly Garden Centre--Hertfordshire
CW 443--Kris--Near Shoreham by Sea--West Sussex
CT 2018--Fred--Burgess Hill--West Sussex--Welcome back 👋
KP 441--Steve--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex--Testing a Mini Springer (and getting good results too!)
CT 4186--Dan--Thurrock--Essex
GE 67--Richard--Near Maidstone--Kent--Chair of the GE Thursday night FM net
CT 4515--John--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex
CT 3969--Dave--Isle of Wight
RC 402--Tom--Blackheath--Southeast London
FB 20--Jono--Goodwood Hill--West Sussex
163 RU 08--Rob--Brecon Beacons--Wales--Welcome back 👋
FB 857--Paul--Worthing--West Sussex
Speed Bird--Russell--Reigate Hill--Surrey
CT 2072--Steve T--Tonbridge--Kent--Welcome to the net 👍
AMC 1966--Boris--Bexhill--East Sussex
Peter--Tonbridge--Kent
and me CI 2290--Ray--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--In the chair 🪑

That wraps up the list of call in's.
Thank you all who called in, and and sorry to those who tried and wasn't heard. Please try again another Thursday.

If you spot a mistake or I have missed you off the list, let me know and I will correct it

That rounds up this report

Best 73

Ray 2290
Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net   Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 04, 2023 5:26 pm

Hello, Hallo, Ciao, Ola and welcome

Here is my report for the 1st Southern Area and South Coast SSB net held in the month of June.
The net was held on the evening 02-06-2023 and starts at about 20:00,  Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 1f557  8 o'clock BST or 19:00  Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 1f556  UTC and can be found on 27.395 MHz or channel 39 FFC, CEPT or mid-block using the LSB mode.

I was set up in Radio Corner, Ashdown  Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 1f333  Forest in the county of East Sussex and my working conditions were the Anytone AT-6666 set at about 30 Watts (when I give it a good "AAUUDDIIOO" into the mic), transmitting out of a Solarcon A99 antenna a massive 3 meters in the air and all powered by a couple of car batteries  Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 1f50b 🪫.

The night had clear skies allowing me to see both the sun set and the 3/4 moon  Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 1f314  and the slight haze covering the South Downs in he distance, The temperature at the start of the net was about 14 degrees C and when I packed up at around midnight it had only dropped to just below 10 degrees C.

The band conditions were noisy, loads of faint stations, tones and other propagation sounds could be heard and at one point for me, only the stations within 30 miles could be heard.

Now on with the list of stations heard and or worked by the net, all stations are 26 division unless otherwise stated.

AMC 1966--Boris--Area 52 🛸--somewhere in East Sussex--1st location of the night.
13 EK 202--Mario--Northern Bavaria--Germany  Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 1f1e9-1f1ea 
CT 5588--Chris--Welly Garden Centre--Hertfordshire
KP 441--Steve--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex
1 TW 301--Robert--Venice--Italy--using a home made inverted V   Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 1f1ee-1f1f9 
UK 175--Wayne--Wadhurst--East Sussex
DDB 43--Nick--Burgess Hill--West Sussex--Welcome to the net and thank for your comment about how it's run  Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 1f44d 
31 VG 05--Louis--Porto--Portugal
AH 09--Tim--Berkshire Downs--Berkshire--Westside chair 🪑
CM 01--Jason--Shooters Hill--Southeast London--Using a mag mount on a metal café table and a battery  Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 1f50b  pack
CB 02--Roz--Brighton--East Sussex
AMC 1966--Boris--Bexhill--East Sussex--2nd location of the night
CW 443--Kris--Near Shoreham by Sea--West Sussex
DX 148--Paul--Near junction 1 off the M50--Gloucestershire
And me CI 2290--Ray--Ashdown  Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 1f333  Forest--East Sussex--Chair 🪑

That rounds up the list of stations that called and thank you all who did.
Sorry to those who tried and weren't heard due to the noise, please try again.

An update. The good news is that the dog did return to the station that was only whistling for some of the night

If you spot any mistakes let me know and I will happily correct them and why not give this report a 'like  Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 1f44d  '

Best 73

Ray 2290

Tonyvic, Chris CT and Sharpshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
Chris CT
Chris CT

Call Sign : 26-CT-5588
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Welwyn
Equipment Used : Alinco dx10 yaesu ft891 5ft firestik 1/4 wave whip mobile 5/8 venom Homebase

PostSubject: Re: Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net   Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2023 7:55 pm

Nice one Ray, I'll try to get up on the bridge Thursday with large chips.and plenty of salt & vinegar lol red bull to wash it down

Razz229 likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcYQdJeYuuGXi2AxSiyj2rA
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net   Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2023 8:49 pm

Chris CT wrote:
Nice one Ray,  I'll try to get up on the bridge Thursday with large chips.and plenty of salt & vinegar lol red bull to wash it down

Cheers Chris

A night on the bridge, with large chips, S & V plus a classy Red Bull (other energy drinks are available LOL) sounds like a purrfeck night for a net

Chris CT and skyrider like this post

Back to top Go down
skyrider
Major contributor
Major contributor

Call Sign : 26-CT-4654
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : Preston, Lancs.
Equipment Used : UNIDEN 100, midland alan 78 plus multi + mag mount , silver rod

PostSubject: Re: Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net   Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2023 8:55 pm

and dont forget the large cod  Laughing

Chris CT likes this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net   Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2023 9:56 pm

skyrider wrote:
and dont forget the large cod  Laughing

Maybe a battered sausage or a Saveloy? 🍴 😋

Chris CT likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net   Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net
Page 15 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next