Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Dipping my toes into HF
CRT Xenon and other tiny rigs - fan modification Icon_minitimeToday at 9:50 pm by GaryWilson

» MOONRAKER TITAN 1O M RADIO
CRT Xenon and other tiny rigs - fan modification Icon_minitimeToday at 8:05 pm by TamGlasgow

» Can this be converted?
CRT Xenon and other tiny rigs - fan modification Icon_minitimeToday at 2:16 pm by Razz229

» 80-6 meter vertical antennas
CRT Xenon and other tiny rigs - fan modification Icon_minitimeToday at 12:08 pm by rabbi

» Amateur Radio is an expensive hobby!.......?
CRT Xenon and other tiny rigs - fan modification Icon_minitimeToday at 10:52 am by Victor

» EU conditions have started
CRT Xenon and other tiny rigs - fan modification Icon_minitimeToday at 9:54 am by babis3g

» RTTY signals on 27.550
CRT Xenon and other tiny rigs - fan modification Icon_minitimeToday at 9:12 am by MM0IMC

» Call Sign Mick Merrick (Sorted)
CRT Xenon and other tiny rigs - fan modification Icon_minitimeToday at 5:10 am by Victor

» Finally back at it again..
CRT Xenon and other tiny rigs - fan modification Icon_minitimeToday at 4:47 am by Victor

Keywords
list power ss9900 chart call 2011 lincoln callsign software antenna 2024 yaesu Mckinley frequency ALINCO 2023 9900 president meter 2022 anytone display supply Sirio sign 6900
QRZ Database

CRT Xenon and other tiny rigs - fan modification

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tiberius
Tiberius

Call Sign : 26-CT-3678
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Petworth, West Sussex
Equipment Used : Magnum S980Nitro, Yaesu FT-710, CRT Xenon, Audioline 340, Quansheng UV-K6, Baofeng UV-82x3, Antenna = 20M long wire (with 1:49 UnUn,) good old fashioned silver rod, home made PMR antennas, tank whips etc.

CRT Xenon and other tiny rigs - fan modification Empty
PostSubject: CRT Xenon and other tiny rigs - fan modification   CRT Xenon and other tiny rigs - fan modification Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2024 8:58 pm

Hi all, 

I love the CRT Xenon tiny rig. It just fits anywhere and sounds really good for such a small rig/speaker.

After doing the export mod, 20 odd watts heat it up pretty quickly.

I was just looking up some 3D print files for something else and stumbled across a fan mount for it.
Using an 80mm fan should extend the life of the output transistors forever.

This fan mount will fit:-
CRT Xenon
Albrecht AE6390
Anytone Hera
Retevis RA25
CRT Electro UV
Anytone AT-779UV

& probably a few more rigs.

CRT Xenon and other tiny rigs - fan modification Screen10

If you want to 3D print one, the web page is this... https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6402462

When I get around to printing it, I'll post the results.

73s

Razz229, Victor and SangueG like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 370
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: CRT Xenon and other tiny rigs - fan modification   CRT Xenon and other tiny rigs - fan modification Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2024 5:02 am

Hi Dave,

Looks like interesting stuff. CRT Xenon and other tiny rigs - fan modification 1f44d 

I wish you well with it all.

Victor
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
MichaelaInCzechRepublic
Contributor
Contributor
MichaelaInCzechRepublic

Call Sign : 329-CT-007 G7SWR
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Prague.
Equipment Used : Stalker 9FDX, York JCB863 ADI AT-200

PostSubject: Re: CRT Xenon and other tiny rigs - fan modification   CRT Xenon and other tiny rigs - fan modification Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2024 10:28 am

I recently purchased a CRT One V (did not expect the V version but all good) 

It has to my surprise an internal speaker not a speaker mic. 

Main reasons for the purchase
1) i have never bought a brand new CB
2) price was too good to not do so
3) being in CZ with a York JCB 863 and ST9 DX i was missing half the band in use here
4) it does seem to be more than just a multinorm

I am now going through the mental process of do i do the high power mod, do i do the wide band mod? 

Apparently these lose the uk band but it will be a very rare day that i would have more than a whelks chance in a supernova to get dx of that distance with it. 

My current thoughts are first i need to plead with the residents committee to get permission to put an antenna on the roof of the flats, something low ish cost robust and half wave i think. i think it is possible with some buttering up.

Current set up is till a mag mount on a window ledge, metal and swr is kind of ok, picking up some chatter and a repeater input on Chanell 69 output on 78, i know odd right? but also even if it was in range not ctss on the radio.

anyone have any experience of the high power mod on the CRT One V does it cook the final quickly or does it run ok as long as you dont make long overs? it seems simple enoigh just a tiny bit of soldering once it is opened, so also ill need to buy the right kind of screwdriver bits to open it as it has fancy new fangled modern three lobed things 

(note not been on her much due to personal journey that i was not expecting taking a lot of brain power time and research)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CRT Xenon and other tiny rigs - fan modification   CRT Xenon and other tiny rigs - fan modification Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CRT Xenon and other tiny rigs - fan modification
Page 1 of 1