Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Call sign request
Essex Ham Upcoming Courses (Last quarter 2024) Icon_minitimeToday at 8:57 pm by patrik

» EU conditions have started
Essex Ham Upcoming Courses (Last quarter 2024) Icon_minitimeToday at 11:13 am by babis3g

» Solar power for emergency and portable use, and isolated sites.
Essex Ham Upcoming Courses (Last quarter 2024) Icon_minitimeToday at 10:49 am by Alan Pilot

» Tvi filters
Essex Ham Upcoming Courses (Last quarter 2024) Icon_minitimeToday at 9:59 am by Gekboy

» Are you sitting comfortably?
Essex Ham Upcoming Courses (Last quarter 2024) Icon_minitimeToday at 9:28 am by Victor

» Essex Ham Upcoming Courses (Last quarter 2024)
Essex Ham Upcoming Courses (Last quarter 2024) Icon_minitimeToday at 6:46 am by Victor

» Martins norfolk NET 27.355 lsb
Essex Ham Upcoming Courses (Last quarter 2024) Icon_minitimeToday at 4:09 am by Victor

» New Call Sign (Issued)
Essex Ham Upcoming Courses (Last quarter 2024) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:58 pm by John123

» Re: [Contact] CT Call Sign 11m (Issued)
Essex Ham Upcoming Courses (Last quarter 2024) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:56 pm by John123

Keywords
ss9900 9900 sign 2023 chart Sirio meter 2024 lincoln callsign 6900 software list power ALINCO anytone Mckinley supply antenna call yaesu display 2022 2011 frequency president
QRZ Database

Essex Ham Upcoming Courses (Last quarter 2024)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 374
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

Essex Ham Upcoming Courses (Last quarter 2024) Empty
PostSubject: Essex Ham Upcoming Courses (Last quarter 2024)   Essex Ham Upcoming Courses (Last quarter 2024) Icon_minitimeToday at 6:46 am

Hi to all.

I hope you're keeping well and enjoying your radio pursuits. Essex Ham Upcoming Courses (Last quarter 2024) 1f44d

We welcome all radio enthusiasts here at Charlie Tango just as it says at the top of the site.
(There's no room for radio snobbery here and if we come across any....well, the moderation team are rather excellent.)

You may well enjoy a bit of legally unlicenced CB radio and maybe push the boundaries of PMR activity at times but have you ever wanted more of a radio fix?

I know I certainly did back when I first joined the group finding the CB activity in my area a bit lacklustre apart from shooting a bit of skip in the summer months. So I was soon drawn to taking my Amateur Radio exam and having access to those lovely extra frequencies.

Myself and like many here took our first steps by undertaking our Foundation studies through the excellent Essex Ham online courses.

Foundation is often referred to as the 'beginner' end of the Amateur Radio interests and it certainly is an introduction or first step to it all but don't let anyone fool you otherwise.....you'll soon become adept at the operations of it all and be just as an effective member of the Amateur Radio community as any. You may even like me enjoy low power communications so much that you'll happily sit at that level not requiring the extra Watts or so called privileges of the Intermediate or Full licence. Especially since Foundation now has the increased power limits of 25 Watts (as of early 2024) for a lot of the bands accessible to you and now 'supervisory' privileges to allow you to let people around you experience the thrill that can be had with it all.

I've worked the world on as little as 5 Watts, enjoy the new 25 Watt limit and with all those frequencies at your disposal there is always something going on especially if you expand your interests. (There is always something on the go with digital modes such as FT8 almost anytime of the day!)

So just as a bus or lorry driver wouldn't consider themselves more of a "road-user" than a car or motorcyclist, being a Foundation holder doesn't make you less of a Radio Amateur than anyone else. Above all it's damn good fun! Essex Ham Upcoming Courses (Last quarter 2024) 1f44d 

If you're interested then check out Essex Ham at the following link :-

https://www.essexham.co.uk/train/foundation-online/

They have a proven track record achieveing a candidate pass rate of over 98% with Pete & the gang making it an enjoyable experience. 

I know that I and many others here are grateful for what they do assisting radio enthusiasts to expand their interests and horizons.

If you take their course and pass the RSGB examination then do let us all know here at Charlie Tango where you will find many will give heartfelt congratulations for your efforts.

Of course you don't have to do any of this and continue enjoying your non licenced activities where you will still find a warm welcome here at CT. Just don't bemoan another radio enthusiast here on the forum remembering that little nod at 'moderation' mentioned earlier. Wink

Enjoy your radio interests no matter what they may be.

All the very best,
Victor

Alan Pilot, VanRougeT4 and kestrel like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC

Essex Ham Upcoming Courses (Last quarter 2024)
Page 1 of 1