Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Latest Buxton 2021 New date, now 30th July - 1st August
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Hello - and call sign request
South Coast PMR net report - Page 4 Icon_minitimeToday at 9:10 pm by Ffreddie19

» CRT SS6900
South Coast PMR net report - Page 4 Icon_minitimeToday at 8:46 pm by Lowi

» Call Sign Request, please and thank you.
South Coast PMR net report - Page 4 Icon_minitimeToday at 7:53 pm by kbuck

» Booster burner question
South Coast PMR net report - Page 4 Icon_minitimeToday at 7:21 pm by ILikeRadioSoDoYou

» Cooling Fan
South Coast PMR net report - Page 4 Icon_minitimeToday at 6:05 pm by Markone

» Hello and Callsign Request
South Coast PMR net report - Page 4 Icon_minitimeToday at 1:30 pm by Ace

» Call Sign application (Issued)
South Coast PMR net report - Page 4 Icon_minitimeToday at 11:27 am by johnstevenson

» Weird SWR Readings from a 3ft Firestik on a mag-mount
South Coast PMR net report - Page 4 Icon_minitimeToday at 8:36 am by BAREFOOT

» Intro & Call Sign Request (Issued)
South Coast PMR net report - Page 4 Icon_minitimeToday at 7:44 am by StevieG

Keywords
ss6900n antenna chart lincoln frequency callsign radio SS6900 Calling call president Mckinley ALINCO Mobile display ss9900 9900 power sign bazooka list Sirio Eqsl 6900 midland division
QRZ Database

South Coast PMR net report

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Razz229
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
Razz229

Call Sign : 26 CT 2290 & 26 CI 2290
Times Thanked : 4
QTH or Location : Edenbridge, Kent
Equipment Used : On 11m CRE 8900, K-PO NM-532 Power Mic, Turner JM+2\U Power Mic, Moonraker 1/2 wave GPA antenna, Sirio 4000. On PMR a TYT TH-9000D, a 1/4 wave GPA, homemade mag mount & sometimes a 8 element beam.

South Coast PMR net report - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2021 9:10 pm

Hello and welcome

Here is my report of the Monday night PMR net held on the 14 June 2021

My location was radio corner Ashdown Forest.
I arrived early to find Mr 187 chatting to Nigel (CamperVan Man), so after joining the chat and establishing that Nigel had biscuits, we got on with setting up the station.
My set up was the Yaesu 817 and a beam atop the ex-military mast.
For those who follow the weather, it was a fine, warm evening with a gentle breeze.

On the way to the forest I heard some commercial FM stations that I don't normally hear when driving, so I had a listen around the 16 channels to see if there was any tropospheric ducting happening and heard the children playing with the various roger beeps and a few other voices on the lower 8.

I then called out before 8 o'clock on 14 and surprised a couple of stations, so realising my mistake at being early, I said I would be back at 8 o'clock and went to talk with Nigel & Mr 187.

20:00 hrs I called out and spoke to Chris (CT1033) and George (TK08) in Tonbridge. A bit later Nigel heard a QSK and invited Boris (AMC1966) in Bexhill, to join the group who said that earlier in the day, the French or 14 division could be heard on the South coast.
Then a voice from the past called in, Graham (OM001) from Burgess Hill Smile and while he was chatting 2 French stations came on to the channel and started to chat causing a bit of interference, a quick explaination of what was going on and a polite request they QSY with a "thank you" and they were gone. After a couple of overs between Graham and Nigel, Rick (WR37) from Eastbourne called in and said hello, followed my Martin H (FB228 I think) from Hellingly. As the conversation was passed around, Neil (CT2207) from Crowborough join in, which gave me a chance to make a coffee and enjoy a couple of Nigels biscuits Very Happy .
Ray (CT3466) called and made contact with George using a upside down beam! andd was past around the group.
At 22.00hrs or there abouts the net started to wind down and by 23:00hrs it was over.

As always, thank you to Mr 187 for allowing me to share his mast while he is working a inverted V on 20m and thank you to all who called in and joined in.

Sorry to the couple of QSK's who we heard calling, but didn't hear us when we answered back.

Topics of conversation ranged from my early arrival, Graham (OM001), Nigels 2Kw PMR station, Solar panels, diodes & resistors, congratulating Ray on his news and the upside down beam, biscuits and the "care home bug"

That about sums it it, so ta ta for now

Ray
26CT2290 & 26CI2290

morris likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Razz229
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
Razz229

Equipment Used : On 11m CRE 8900, K-PO NM-532 Power Mic, Turner JM+2\U Power Mic, Moonraker 1/2 wave GPA antenna, Sirio 4000. On PMR a TYT TH-9000D, a 1/4 wave GPA, homemade mag mount & sometimes a 8 element beam.

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 12:04 am

Hello all & welcome.

Here is my short report for the PMR net held on on Monday 21-06-2012.

I arrived late at radio corner Ashdown Forest to find Mr 187 busy on the radio.
A quick hello and I was set up and ready to call in to channel 14.

I called in and got welcomed by Steve (KP441), who was moblie and Steve T (CT2027).
Being mobile, I spoke to Steve (KP441) first, who mentioned he had been talking to Graham (OM001). Being mobile, it wasn't long before I lost him in the wilds of West Sussex.
I went back to Steve T (CT2072) and then across to Bill, both in Tonbridge, and chatted to them. They went Qrt leaving me free to call out for more contacts. . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . A coffee and sometime later, I went down to channel 12 and chatted to Boris (AMC1966) and Dave (MD26) before heading back to channel 14.

At about 22:30 Mr 187 asked how things were going on the net, I replied quiet so we made an executive decision to pack up and head home.

That concludes my report. As alsways thank you to Mr 187 for the use of his mast & beam.

Ta Ta For Now

Ray
26CI2290 & 26CT2290
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Razz229
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2021 11:48 pm

Hello

Welcome to my report for the Monday night PMR net held on 28th of June 2021

My location was Ashdown Forest (JO-01-bb-14-go), East Sussex.
The weather was, rain South Coast PMR net report - Page 4 2614 , thunder & lightning South Coast PMR net report - Page 4 26a1

With the weather the way it was, I was surprised to find Mr 187 set up and on the air.
Pulling up along side him, we both got wet talking to each other through open windows and with the sound of thunder in the distance made the decision to pull down the mast & beam.
As we finished, i made comment about how funny it would be if the rain stopped and the clouds cleared.
With no beam, I connected my TYT TH900D to my trusty £1 converted taxi mag mount and called out on channel 14.
I was answered by Steve T (CT2072) who was up in the mist on Wrothan Hill, then went across to George (TK08)in Tonbridge and Dick in Hadlow.
A quick blast of the horn to get Mr 187's attention, followed by me pointing to the sky, had him shaking his head at me.
YES the rain had stopped and the clouds had cleared South Coast PMR net report - Page 4 1f600 .
With the chat being passed around the group, I annouced that we, in radio corner (the name of our spot on the forest) had now grown with the arrival of Nigel (CamperVan Man South Coast PMR net report - Page 4 1f690 ), who open up his side door and wave bicuits South Coast PMR net report - Page 4 1f36a  at Mr 187 and myself.
Nigel got himself set up and joined with chat and was then follwed by Graham (OM001) from Burgess Hill and Steve (KP441) on Ditchling Beacon, Steve (KP441) was also in the mist.
The last station to call in was Ray (CT3466) near Lingfield.
As the time approached 22:00 people started to close down there stations and by 22:30 the net was over.

Areas covered were Kent, Surrey, East & West Sussex

Topics of conversation ranged from the lack of LPG in garages, Nigel and his biscuits South Coast PMR net report - Page 4 1f36a , Heliograph mirrors, the foxy South Coast PMR net report - Page 4 1f43a  shoe thief of Ashdown Forest and the weather.

Thanks to Mr 187 for having his mast set up in the thunder & lightning ready for me to use but didn't, Nigel for his biscuits South Coast PMR net report - Page 4 1f36a  and to all who called in South Coast PMR net report - Page 4 1f44f .

That about sums things up. Sorry if I have missed anything

TTFN 73
Ray
CI2290 & CT2290

Last edited by Razz229 on Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To add more Emojis)

THE RIZLA likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Razz229
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2021 11:09 pm

Hi all and welcome

Here is my report of the PMR net held on 5th of July 2021

My location was radio corner Ashdown Forest, East Sussex.
The set up was a Yaesu 817 and the £1 mag mount.
WX report rain and more rain.

Just before 8 I had a listen and heard nothing, just the sound of silence.
Gulp!
Was anybody out for the net tonight I wondered?
I called out and was answered.
So here is the list of stations that were on.

George--TK08--Tonbridge
Steve--KP441-- M23 Mobile (1st location)
Chris--CT1033--Tonbridge
Paul M--Vigo Village
Dick--Hadlow
Steve T--CT2027--Wrotham Hill
Graham--OM001--Burgess Hill
Steve--KP441--Ditchling Beacon
And myself Ray--CI2290--Ashdown Forest.

Areas covered were East & West Sussex and Kent.

Topics of conversations for the night ranged from old time actors, the likes of Tommy Steele, Melvin Hayes, Leslie Philips etc. The pro's & con's of using the 817 on PMR, the wereabouts of Nigel (CamperVan Man), push bikes, folding bikes, tandams and the Tour de France, the weather, Hospitals, medical couriers and blood testing labs and driving along the A303 passing Stongehenge.

That concludes my report, thank you for reading

TTFN
Ray
CI2290 or CT2290

THE RIZLA and glenn dog like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Razz229
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2021 11:44 pm

Hello all

Yes it's that time again. . . . .

Here is my report of the PMR net held on Monday night, 12th July 2021.

My location was radio corner, Ashdown Forest in the county of East Sussex
Equipment used was the TYT TH9000D and Mr 187's beam up on the Rascal mast.
The weather, not surprisingly, was wet as there was drizzle in the air.

I drove into radio corner at about 19.15 to find a busy car park, there was a couple of cars and big van as well as Mr 187 and his mast. I drove towards 187, got out of my van to say hello and we watched as the other vehicles started there engines and left.
Had i scared them away we wondered scratch 
After coffee and a chat it was time to call in to the net. I took a deep breath and said "hello"

George (TK08) answered first and very quick, the rest of the group announced that I was now in the big red leather chair. So with my new authority I went round group, first to Neil (CT2207) then to Paul M & Steve T (CT2072). After a quick chat is then across to Chris (CT1033) and then Dick.

Then a dark menacing vehicle entered the car park. It moved slowly round like a shark after is prey.

It stopped.

Mr 187 and I looked at each other.

Then out of the side door came a hand waving biscuits!
It was Nigel (CamperVan Man) Very Happy

Nigel got himself set up and joined the group and he was then followed by Graham (OM001), Ray (CT3466) and then near the end of the night Boris (AMC1066).

Special mention to Mike (1074) for persevering and trying to contact us and to Richard (CT940), hope your feeling better soon.

Areas covered were Bexhill, Crowhurst, Burgess Hill, Hadlow, Tonbridge, Wrotham Hill and Crowborough in the counties of East & West Sussex, Surrey and Kent

Topics of conversation ranged from OO, N and T gauge model railways, Kayaking, Nigel and his fresh wild mushrooms, businesses using PMR and getting upset when you use THERE frequency, Yorkie bars and diodes got a mention too!

If you ever find yourself around Bexhill, Eastbourne or Tunbridge Wells give a call out on channel 14 as you never know might be listening.

Thank you to all who called in, sorry to those who we missed, please do try again another time.

TA TA FOR NOW and 73
Ray
CT2290 & CI2290

PS

When Mr 187 and I finished and left to head home, it was foggy and visability was down to 30 yards. Will there be any clear summer nights before Autumn. .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Razz229
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2021 10:18 pm

Hello all

Welcome to another episode of "Ray reviews the Monday night PMR net"

My location was, radio corner, Ashdown Forest, East sussex
Equipment for the night was the TYT TH9000D and Mr 187's beam a top the 12m military mast.
WX report, a still clear night, an amazing moon set and plenty of satellites.
Visitors to radio corner, the normal cars & vans, a Caterham 7 in the Gulf Oil colours of Blue & Orange, a Ferrari F40 and a low flying Chinook helicopter.

Due to a late finish at work, I arrived just before 20:00 hrs and found Mr 187 in his vehicle drinking coffee. We shared the normal pleasantries and then got about setting up the mast and antennas.

I got on the air at about 20:20 hrs and was given the, still warm, big leather chair.

Now to the stations that took part in the net.

1) Steve T--CT2072--Wrotham Hill--Kent
2) Chris--CT1033--Tonbridge--Kent
3) Graham--OM001--Burgess Hill--West Sussex
4) George--TK08--Tonbridge--Kent
5) Mike CT1074--Devils Dyke--West Sussex
6) Brian--CT2908--Hindhead--Hampshire--Working a handy
7) Steve R--Bluebell Hill--Kent
8 ) Jason--CM01--Shooters Hill-SE London--Surprised and happy about the contact made with Mike CT1074
9) Paul M--Vigo Village--Kent
10) Micheal--TM3006--Crawley--West Sussex
11) Sam--LT69--Northolt--Middlesex
12) Ray--CT3466--Crowhurst--Surrey
13) Edmund--Worthing Beech--West Sussex--Working a handy
14) And me Ray--CI2290--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex

Some topics of conversation, my lateness, Nigel going AWOL, has anybody heard the french today, repeaters on PMR and PMR featured in the new (August) edition of Radio User magazine.

Feel free to comment, like, dislike, what ever

That I think, is it for this weeks episode.
Tune in next week to find out what happened to Nigel and more

TA TA FOR NOW
Ray
26CI2290

26CT1074 and morris like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

South Coast PMR net report
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: News and Announcements :: Nets and Skeds-
Jump to: