Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Callsign Request (Issued)
South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Icon_minitimeToday at 5:25 am by Victor

» Callsign request (Issued)
South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Icon_minitimeToday at 5:19 am by Victor

» call sign (Information Requested)
South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Icon_minitimeToday at 5:15 am by Victor

» happy to be onboard (Introduction)
South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Icon_minitimeToday at 5:12 am by Victor

» Gettin a CT call sign (Issued)
South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Icon_minitimeToday at 5:07 am by Victor

» what was your first radio and antenna
South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:48 pm by K4RLMORG4N

» Eastbourne weekly FM net
South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:12 pm by spurs dazza47

» South Coast PMR net report
South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:08 pm by Victor

» new member, callsign request (Issued)
South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:21 am by John123

Keywords
president yaesu call list power lincoln display frequency 9900 6900 Mckinley callsign ss9900 2023 anytone 2011 sign software antenna meter supply chart Sirio ALINCO 2024 2022
QRZ Database

South Coast PMR net report

Go down 
+22
Chris CT
DerekF
skyrider
Tonyvic
andyreigatehill43
John Patrick
TheReverend
Sharpshooter
Hooded Claw
Wireless
Nigel_AB
Paddy
Victor
A5H5ATAN1C
Alamo
stephen Gunrunner
morris
Tdmtaffy
Mau5matt
26CT1074
Pacman
Razz229
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

Call Sign : 26 CT 2290 & 26 CI 2290
Times Thanked : 30
QTH or Location : Kent
Equipment Used : On 11m a Anytone 6666, Solarcon A99 vertical antenna or a Sirio 4000. On PMR a CRT Space U, a 1/4 wave GPA, homemade mag mount & sometimes a 8 element beam.

South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2023 10:00 am

TheReverend wrote:
Nice one Ray!!  I'm in the process of changing my job. which will hopefully give me a bit more airtime, so I'll definitely trying from here in West Berks on my beam one night!!

Enjoy!

Simon.

Hi Simon

It would be great to make a contact.

I had a look on the map, and if the Swindon & Reading PMR groups are still running, you should be able to work Swindon and maybe Reading from high ground.

You never know, somebody local to you could read this and join you.
How does the West Berkshire PMR Net sound?

We will be listening for your call 👍

Best 73

Ray 2290
Back to top Go down
26CT1074
Contributor
Contributor
26CT1074

Call Sign : 26-CT-1074 / M7MMC
Times Thanked : 6
QTH or Location : Brighton, East Sussex
Equipment Used : Icom IC-7300, Lincoln II (V4), Xiegu X6100

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2023 11:40 am

Razz229 wrote:
26CT1074 wrote:
It was a belter! I must bring a small notepad with me in future, I keep forgetting names and callsigns lol

looking forward to the next one!

To be fair, you did have a pen, so you are half way prepared

Quote of the night

"Mike your audio is in the back of the box" 

A comment from a station who will remain unnamed

"it's because he's in the back of a (Suzuki) Jimny" 😆😆

But, I was  Laughing

I had the Quansheng with me as well, forgot to try it  scratch I'll bring it Monday, and forget to try it again and leave it in my bag  lol!

Razz229 likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/c/OnTheMicwithMike
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

Equipment Used : On 11m a Anytone 6666, Solarcon A99 vertical antenna or a Sirio 4000. On PMR a CRT Space U, a 1/4 wave GPA, homemade mag mount & sometimes a 8 element beam.

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2023 2:20 pm

Hello and welcome 1 and all.

Here is another Ray reviews the South coast PMR net aka the Monday night PMR net

or

"NEWFLASH. Ray C5 drops the C5 from his name in image revamp"

The net was held on Monday 12-06-2023 and can be found on analogue channel 14, where we don't use CTCSS tones but do use NFM settings on the radio.

I aim to start the net at 20:00 hrs 🕗 UK time, but if you call out early you could be part of the pre-net warm up chat.

My location, like previous Monday night nets, was Radio Corner Ashdown Forest 🌳 in the county of East Sussex and the set was the QYT KT-9800 D, powered by a car battery🔋 , and pushing all it's 10 watts through a 8 element beam.

The weather in Radio Corner was hot 🥵 and sunny sunny with thunder rumbling to the north, at the start of the net I had an outside temperature of 21 degrees C and when I did pack up it was down to 13 degrees C

Before the net started, I called out on channel 12 and had a chat with Adam (Delta 31) in Hastings. (I hope what you dropped to answer my call didn't break!)

Now on with the list of stations that called in and where and or worked by the net.

CT 4514--John--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex 🥇
CT 1074--Mike--Devils Dyke--West Sussex
CT 4610--Andy 'Bartman'--Jack n Jill--West Sussex
Reece--Jack n Jill--West Sussex--Shot gun with Andy
TM 3006--Mike--Devils Dyke--West Sussex--working a handy
OM 001--Graham--Burgess Hill--West Sussex
CT 3466--Ray--Ashdown Forest 🌳 --East Sussex
CT 2207--Neil--Ashdown Forest 🌳 --East Sussex--Welcome back 👍
TK 08--George--Tonbridge--Kent
CT 1033--Chris--Tonbridge--Kent
Speed Bird--Russell--Reigate Hill--Surrey
Monty--Seaford--East Sussex--Welcome to the net 👍
CT 4013--Tony--Brighton--East Sussex
TC 156--Steve--Crawley--West Sussex
Delta 31--Adam--Hastings--East Sussex
KP 441--Steve--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex
AMC 1966--Boris--Bexhill--East Sussex--Pedestrian mobile using a home made man pack in the field
MD 26--Dave--Bexhill--East Sussex
C V M--Nigel--Ashdown Forest 🌳 --East Sussex
CT 1829--Dean--Edenbridge--Kent
and me CT 2290--Ray--Ashdown Forest 🌳 --East Sussex--In the chair 💺

That brings the list to an end. Thank you all who called and sorry if you tried and wasn't heard, please try again another time.

A topic of conversation during the night was what to call Ray C5 now he wants to drop the C5.

So as another Ray reviews comes to a close, thank you for reading and to quote Russell (Speed Bird)
'Please stay safe'

Best 73

Ray 2290 with the pen 🖋️ and paper 📖

26CT1074, Tonyvic and John Patrick like this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 8:12 am

Oh hello

Welcome to another episode of Ray reviews the South Coast/Monday Night PMR Net.

or

"beep beep beep beep"

The net was held on 19-06-2023 and can be found on analogue channel 14 using NFM and with no CTCSS tones.

Now if your lucky, you can sometimes call out before 8 o'clock  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f557  and be part of the pre-net chat or like some, you can wait for the scheduled start of 20:00 Hrs UK time or 8 o'clock and call in.

My location was a busy Radio Corner, Ashdown Forest  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f332  in the county of East Sussex and set up used was the QYT TH8900-D, a 2m/70cm white stick on loan from Dean powered by an old car battery  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f50b 

The weather was sunny  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f31e  and warm and was still mild when the came to an end.

With the clock edging towards 8, I was ready to start, when, a Black vehicle entered the car park and menacingly drove round, causing us all to nervously look on.

The vehicle came to a halt, the drivers door opened and out stepped. . .

Toby T 187  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f603  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f44d 

After a round of hello's, I started the net

Here is the list of stations that called in and were heard and or worked by the net.

CT 2207--Neil--Radio  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f333  Corner--East Sussex--Winner of the tallest erection
CT 1829--Dean--Radio  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f334  Corner--East Sussex
CT 3466--Ray--Radio  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f332  Corner--East Sussex
CT 4515--John--Westmeston Hill-East Sussex--Pushbike  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f6b2  Mobile
KP 441--Steve--Henfield--West Sussex
T 187--Toby--Radio  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f333  Corner--East Sussex--Also working 40m
Kevin--Crawley--West Sussex
D 31--Adam--Hastings--East Sussex
C V M--Nigel--Radio  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f334  Corner--East Sussex
and me--CT 2290--Ray--Radio  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f332  Corner--East Sussex--In the chair :seat:

I was just wrapping the net up, when a voice called in. This was the second surprise of the night as. . .

CT 940--Richard  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f603  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f44d , called in after a long absence, and said hello. We had a quick chat and then the net was over for another week.

Thank you all who called in, that includes the listening stations and sorry if you tried and wasn't heard. Please try again another time.

Here are some of the topics of conversation, the return of Toby, my beep beep problem (check out the video) and the white stick I was using.

That rounds up this report all is left is for me to say

Ray 2290--With the paper  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f4c4  and pen pen  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 270f 

Last edited by Razz229 on Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:57 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Correction of a stations QTH)

Victor, SangueG and John Patrick like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 375
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 11:38 am

That's some annoying QRM there Ray!

Well done for carrying on with your net regardless. South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f44d 

I had some annoying QRM a while back now affecting the upper end of 70cm and the PMR band that turned out to be the 'wireless' link of a neighbours weather station. "Boop-brrr, boop-brrr" all day long and when I told them about it they didn't give a toss. Luckily the cheap Chinese bag of eBay junk packed up after it's first winter and I've been unaffected since. Smile

Some other wireless kit blurts out on these frequencies too and of course.....all 'CE' marked!

Keep up the good work there Ray.

All the best,
Victor
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
John Patrick
John Patrick

Call Sign : 26-CT-4515
Times Thanked : 10
QTH or Location : Brighton
Equipment Used : Baofeng UV5R - Midland 2001- President Mc Kinley & President Randy III, GT-3TP

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 2:43 pm

Hi Everyone 

Mr Ray the PMR chair man  I would like  help you with a typo. I was up on Wolstenbury Hill on the
 19-06-2023 walking and not Westmeston Hill. South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Grin  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Grin  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Grin . I had a couple of interested fellow walkers
so hopefully promoting the Hobby . Now on to a couple of pictures of set up for the night.
The Jack & Jill can be seen to the right of the antenna on opposite hill. 

South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Img_2819
South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Img_2818
South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Img_2817

Thank you Everyone 
Hope to catch you on air sometime soon

Regards John CT4515. 73's

Victor and Tonyvic like this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 4:44 pm

Victor wrote:
That's some annoying QRM there Ray!

Well done for carrying on with your net regardless. South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f44d 

I had some annoying QRM a while back now affecting the upper end of 70cm and the PMR band that turned out to be the 'wireless' link of a neighbours weather station. "Boop-brrr, boop-brrr" all day long and when I told them about it they didn't give a toss. Luckily the cheap Chinese bag of eBay junk packed up after it's first winter and I've been unaffected since. Smile

Some other wireless kit blurts out on these frequencies too and of course.....all 'CE' marked!

Keep up the good work there Ray.

All the best,
Victor

I'm hoping it's there next time as I have been gifted on of these

South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 S-l640

Maybe I will get lucky and spot the frequency or it will prove my theory that the QYT radio has pee poor filters.

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 4:55 pm

John Patrick wrote:
Hi Everyone 

Mr Ray the PMR chair man  I would like  help you with a typo. I was up on Wolstenbury Hill on the
 19-06-2023 walking and not Westmeston Hill. South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Grin  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Grin  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Grin . I had a couple of interested fellow walkers
so hopefully promoting the Hobby . Now on to a couple of pictures of set up for the night.
The Jack & Jill can be seen to the right of the antenna on opposite hill. 

South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Img_2819
South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Img_2818
South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Img_2817

Thank you Everyone 
Hope to catch you on air sometime soon

Regards John CT4515. 73's

The log has been updated and corrected 👍

They are some cracking photo's of the view and of the station, was you on the bike or Shanks's pony?

Tonyvic likes this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 04, 2023 7:52 pm

Oh hello, fancy meeting you 'ere.

Welcome to another episode of Ray reviews the South Coast/Monday Night PMR

or

"M*A*S*H 4077th, best care anywhere"

The net was held on Monday the 26-06-2023 and was found (if you was looking for it) on analogue channel 14 using the NFM setting and no CTCSS tones.

The net starts at 20:00 Hrs or  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f557  8 o'clock PM, BUT, if you tune in early, you may find a pre-net chit chat happening.

My location for the night was (you won't be surprised) Radio Corner, Ashdown Forest  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f332  in the county of East Sussex and the set up was the same as the previous week, as I was hoping to hear the beep beep beep like last week.

Just after 8 o'clock :clock8: the net got underway.
Here is the list of stations that called in and were heard and or worked by the net

CT 1829--Dean--Ashdown Forest  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f332 --East Sussex  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f3c6 
CT 3466--Ray--Ashdown Forest  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f332 --East Sussex
CT 2207--Neil--Ashdown Forest  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f332 --East Sussex
C V M--Nigel--Ashdown Forest  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f332 --East Sussex
CT 4362--Chris--Reigate Town--Surrey
TG 25--Keith--Canvey Island--Essex--On a boat  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 2693  beached on the mud
CT 4515--John--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex--On foot by the Trig point
KP 441--Steve--Firle Beacon--East Sussex
AMC 1966--Boris--Bexhill--East Sussex
DK 26--Ricky on the Ridge--Hastings--East Sussex
DDB 069--Julian--Portslade--East Sussex--welcome to the net  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f44d 
TE 500--Andy--Whitstable--Kent
Delta 31--Adam--Hastings--East Sussex
and me CT 2290--Ray--Ashdown Forest  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f332 --East Sussex--In the chair with the pen & paper 

That rounds up the list of stations that called in.
Thank you all who did and sorry if you tried and wasn't heard, please try again another time.

Topics of conversation ranged from not hearing the beep from last week, my deaf radio and trying something different, home built mic pre-amps, Dean fishing  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f3a3  and the stories of the 1 that got away, the 'racers' that joined us, the 2 Chinook  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f681  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f681  helicopters that landed at the Pippingford MOD training ground (just across the valley from Radio Corner) and what to call Ray CT 3466 as he wants to drop the C5. The popular suggestion was Radar Ray, which got the Theme from MASH played.

So that bring the end of yet another episode of Ray reviews.
Thank you for reading and if you spot a mistake, please send a letter to Winnie the Pooh, Radio Corner, 100 Aker wood, Ashdown Forest, East Sussex.

Cheers & Beers  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f37b 

Ray 2290

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2023 8:45 am

Hello and welcome

Here is another episode of Ray reviews the South Coast/Monday Night PMR held on Monday (no surprise there) the 03-07-2023

or

"Is it time to find a new spot?"

The net can be found on analogue channel 14 NFM, were we use no tones or codes and is scheduled to start at 8 o'clock or 20:00 Hrs  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f557 

My location was a packed Radio Corner, Ashdown Forest  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f334  in the county of East Sussex
My portable set up for the night was a QYT KT-8900 in Red, the 2m/70cm white stick all powered by a couple of car batteries  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f50b 🪫.

The weather was cool but windy with a 'Buck' moon  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f315  on show.

Now is the time to stop reading and grab a snack South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f36a a drink South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 2615 or both.

Now on with the show

Here is the list of stations that called in and were heard and or worked by the net

CT 1829--Dean--Ashdown Forest  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f334  --East Sussex
CT 3466--Radar Ray--Ashdown Forest  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f334   --East Sussex
CT 2207--Neil--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f334   --The power station
Peter--Ashdown Forest  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f334  --East Sussex--1st location of the night, working a handy
C V M--Nigel--Ashdown Forest  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f334  --East Sussex
KP 441--Steve--Bo Peep Hill Climb--East Sussex
CT 700--Dave--Turner Hill--West Sussex--Working a handy
AL 1--Alan--Redhill--Surrey
CT 4515--John--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex
Delta 31--Adam--Butts Brow--East Sussex
GE 12--Tim--Butts Brow--East Sussex--Shotgun with Adam
UK 175--Wayne--Wadhurst--East Sussex
Russell--Tonbridge--Kent
Peter--Tonbridge--Kent--2nd location of the night
and me CT 2290--Ray--Ashdown Forest  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f334  --East Sussex--In the chair 🪑

Thank you all who called in and to the listening  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f442  stations.
Sorry if you tried and wasn't heard, why not consider giving it a go another time?

Here are some of the things talked about on the night. My poor joke about cleaning a mic with 'Ariel', can you set up & use a hot spot in Eire and use your English amateur callsign? Adjusting the gain on Neil's homemade pre amp, on the mic, the positive results got when testing Johns homemade beam and for the 2nd week me not hearing some stations  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f626  , but this time on a different radio.

That bring this review to an end

Ray 2280 with the pencil  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 270f  and paper  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f4c4 

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 16, 2023 8:11 am

HOWDY!

Welcome cowboy & cowgirls, tie your horses to the rail, hand your six shooters  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f52b  to the sheriff Like a Star @ heaven and grab a stool at the bar.

Here is another episode of Ray reviews the Monday Night PMR net

or

"was ED really a talking horse  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f40e ?"

The net is held almost every Monday on analogue channel 14 and is scheduled to start at 20:00 Hrs or 8 o'clock  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f557  in the PM.
My location was Radio Corner, Ashdown Forest  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f335  in the county of East Sussex and the set up was the Red QYT KT-8900 powered by a 12 volt car battery, transmitting out of a 1/4 wave ground plan antenna up on a fibre glass pole.
The weather was mild, pleasant with a warm breeze.

Here is the list of stations that called in and were heard and or worked by the net.

"Don't try to understand them, just rope, throw and brand 'em"

CT 940--Richard--Reigate--Surrey
DS 01--Pru--Reigate--Surrey--Yelling in the background while Richard was on the radio
KP 441--Steve--Henfield--West Sussex--At the end of his stately home drive way
Russell, was it the Russell from Tonbridge or the Russell from Brighton?
Delta 31--Adam--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex
GE 12--Tim--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex--Riding shotgun, on the stage coach, with Adam
London Calling--Mark--Leyton--East London--Fully off the grid
CM 01--Jason--Shooters Hill--Southeast London
CT 4627--Steve (Joker)--Reigate Hill--Surrey
CT 4610--Andy (Bart man)--Reigate Hill--Surrey

South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f335 The Ashdown Forest Posse  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f335
CT 2207--Neil
C V M--Nigel
CT 3466--Radar Ray
and me CT 2290--in the chair 🪑

That rounds up the list of stations that called
Thank you all, even the listening station who know who they are  Wink  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f44d  , sorry if you tried and wasn't heard. Please try again another time.

Contact of the night goes to Jason, who using the world famous Baofeng UV5R, made contact with the guys on Ditchling Beacon. A distance of about 64 Km or 40 miles.

That brings us to the end of another Ray Reviews, so its time to mount and hit the trail.

"Wheels are made for rollin', Mules are made to pack"

Ray 2290 with the pencil  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 270f and paper  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f4c4 

Victor, SangueG, Tonyvic and Sharpshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 16, 2023 9:01 am

Always love reading your net reports there Ray. South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f44d 

Not just a simple list of stations but filled with your own flair and special sense of humour. 
(I'll bet the net is just as enjoyable.)

Great stuff & keep up the good work.

Razz229 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Chris CT
Chris CT

Call Sign : 26-CT-5588
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Welwyn
Equipment Used : Alinco dx10 yaesu ft891 5ft firestik 1/4 wave whip mobile 5/8 venom Homebase

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 17, 2023 4:35 pm

I'll call in so open your ears

Razz229 likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcYQdJeYuuGXi2AxSiyj2rA
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 17, 2023 5:09 pm

Chris CT wrote:
I'll call in so open your ears

Ears will be fully open 👂👂 and listening.
Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 22, 2023 3:25 pm

Victor wrote:
Always love reading your net reports there Ray. South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f44d 

Not just a simple list of stations but filled with your own flair and special sense of humour. 
(I'll bet the net is just as enjoyable.)

Great stuff & keep up the good work.
Cheers Victor

I will have to do a boring list one day, just for those who don't like my 'round the house', 'jibba jabba' style, you know get to the 'meat and veg' of the report without the 'waffle' and 'emoji's'. 😅

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 22, 2023 3:42 pm

Ooh don't be doing that Ray....I'll probably stop reading. Wink Very Happy

Razz229 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 23, 2023 9:31 am

Welcome

It's that time again, for another episode of Ray reviews the Monday Night PMR net, held on the 17th of July 2023

or

"Did you know, that on this date in 1964, Donald Campbell set a new World Land speed record in 'Bluebird'"

After that bit of fast history, lets speed on with the review.

The net is scheduled to start at 20:00 or 8 O'clock  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f557  8 PM, but there is often people on before, having a pre-net chatter. So don't wait till 8, call in early.
If your new and don't know, the net can be found on analogue channel 14, using no CSCTT tones and with the radio set on NFM.
My location was a busy Radio Corner, Ashdown Forest  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f332  in the county of East Sussex and the set up was the QYT KT-8900D, pushing its 20 watts out of a GPS antenna up on a pole.

The weather was cool dry and breezy.

Time to zoom in to the list of station that called in and were heard and or worked by the net.

CT 3466--Radar Ray--Ashdown Forest  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f332 --East Sussex
CT 1829--Dean--Ashdown Forest  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f332 --East Sussex
C V M--Nigel--Ashdown Forest  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f332 --East Sussex
CT 2207--Neil--Ashdown Forest  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f332 --East Sussex
TC 156--Steve--Ashdown Forest  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f332 --East Sussex
louis--Ashdown Forest  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f332 --East Sussex

With so many sharing the car park, was there a net or did we just yell out the window to each other?

CT 4515--John--Edburton Hill--East Sussex
GE 12--Tim--Firle Beacon--East Sussex
Delta 31--Adam--Firle Beacon--East Sussex--Shot gun with Tim and fighting over who gets the mic first
KP 441--Steve--Mobile  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f697  A27--East Sussex
London Calling--Mark--Leyton--East Sussex
CT 4543--Tom--Whitstable--Kent
TE 032 or TE 320 (can't read my own notes scratch )--Adam--Southend on Sea--Essex
CM 01--Jason--Shooters Hill--Southeast London--Mag mount on a baking tray on a council rubbish bin
and me CT 2290--Ray--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--In he chair🪑

So as we reach the finish line of this fast paced episode.
Thank all who called in and special mention to the listening stations  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f442 

Peter--Tonbridge--Kent
CT 2072--Steve T--Tonbridge--Kent

If you tried and wasn't heard, please try again.

As the chequered flag  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f3c1  comes down

Ray 2290 with the pen  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 2712  and scruffy note pad  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f4d8 

PS

As we slow down and catch our breath, he are some of the things talked about over the course of the net
Jason's use of  'things from the kitchen' to help his portable set up, how quick Monday's net comes round, the hot hot hot temperatures around the world and the 1 year anniversary  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f382  of Tony CT 4013 first call into the net.

Tonyvic, Little lewie and Sharpshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 30, 2023 9:22 pm

Welcome welcome

Here is another episode of Ray reviews the South Coast PMR Net (AKA the Monday Night PMR Net) held on Monday 24-07-2023

or

"Is Ray coming back?"

The net can be found on channel 14 (446.16875 MHz) using NFM and not using any codes or tones.
The scheduled start time is 8 o'clock  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f557  in the evening, but sometimes you can find people on, having a pre-net chat.

My location was a busy Radio Corner in Ashdown Forest  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f333 , East Sussex. Where the weather was overcast, cool, damp with rain or what we call a normal British summer!
My set up was the GPA antenna up on a pole and a CRT Space U, on loan from John CT 4515, all powered by a Halfords 12 volt car battery  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f50b  long past it's 3 year guarantee.

Now we have when, where, weather and what time.

On with the John and Ray list of stations that called in.

CM 01--Jason--Shooters Hill--Southeast London
CT 4515--John--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex--With his own pen and log book
GT 67--Danny--Crawley--West Sussex
CT 2146--Darren--Petersfield--Hampshire--Great contact, a distance of about 45 miles/72km  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f600  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f44d 
C V M--Nigel--Bodiam--East Sussex
TC 156--Steve--Crawley--West Sussex--2nd location of the night
CT 4013--Tony--Brighton--East Sussex--What a contact with the handy from inside the house  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f44d 
AL 01--Allan--Redhill--Surrey
DK 26--Ricky on the Ridge--Hastings--East Sussex
KP 441--Steve--Ditchling Beacon
CAM 095--Colin--Maidstone--Kent
The  DTMF tone playing baby adult

The Radio Corner Rabble

CT 1829--Dean
CT 2207--Neil
TC 156--Steve--1st location of the night
Speed Bird--Russell
CT 940 & DS 01--Richard & Pru
And me CT 2290--Ray--Start of the nights net and then disappearing

Thank you all who called and thanks to all who took over when I had a chat with Richard and Pru.
If you spot a mistake or see I have left someone out. Let me know and I will correct it.

I don't know what was talked about over the evening, but I can give a short review on the CRT Space U.

The pluses:  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 2795 
Tiny Radio, good audio from the speaker, has the CRT M7 style microphone, ideal for portable/hilltop radio, good reports about audio from receiving stations and comes ready prepared with a cigarette/power plug fitted.

The minuses:  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 2796 
It gets hot, hardwired microphone, notched volume control and basic signal meter/lights.

Look out for more CRT Space U reviews next time.

TTFN & 73

Ray 2290

Victor, Tonyvic, Chris CT and Sharpshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2023 9:27 pm

Salutation radio users

Here is another Ray reviews the South Coast (Monday Night) PMR net, held on the last day of July (31-07-2023) and 1 evening before the first of 2 full 🌕 moons in August. Not that we could see much due to the clouds.

or

"Quiz question for 2 points and no checking the interweb. 
Which country does not have international flights going across it?"

My location was a jam packed Radio Corner, Ashdown Forest 🌴 in the county of East Sussex. Maidenhead Locator JO-bb-01. 

The set up was the 'on' load CRT Space U from John CT 4515, antenna, coax and pole from Dean CT 1829 and battery 🔋 by me.

The weather was bright, windy and cloudy which come over later hiding the rising of the moon.

As to be expected with so many in Radio Corner, the pre-net chat was well under way when I arrived, which meant the net 'proper' start at 20:00 hrs 🕗 or 8 o'clock.

Now on with the list of stations that called in and were heard and or worked by the net.

The Radio Corner Rabble

Neil--CT 2207
Dean--CT 1829
Radar Ray--CT 3466
Nigel--C V M
Russell--Speed Bird
Louis
and not forgetting me Ray--CT 2290 in the chair🪑 

Now for the rest

George--TK 08--Tonbridge--Kent
Chris--CT 1033--Tonbridge--Kent
Chris--CT 4362--Reigate Town--Surrey
Steve--TC 156--Crawley--West Sussex
Adam--D 31--Hastings--East Sussex
Andy--TE 500--Whitstable--Kent
Graham--OM 001--Burgess Hill--West Sussex
Tony--Star Gazer--Crawley--West Sussex
Boris--AMC 1966--Bexhill--East Sussex
Dick aka The Hadlow Hustler--CT 4281--Hadlow--Kent--Nice to hear you back on air 👍🙂
Steve--KP 441--Mobile 🚙 A24--West Sussex
Steve Joker--CT 4627--Reigate Hill--Surrey
Chris--Ratty 248--Reigate Hill--Surrey
Tony--CT 4013--Brighton--East Sussex

That rounds up the list of call in's
Thank you to all the listening stations (you know who you are) and to all who joined the net.
Sorry if you tried and wasn't heard, please give it a go another night.

Here are some of the highlights of the night. Nigel's on going search for new ways to power his van, tonight it was steam power. The keyer making groaning noises, Deans pole snapping causing me to work horizontal for a while.

My on going review of the CRT Space U. It gets hot!!

That's it till next so TTFN and 73

Ray 2290 with the chisel and stone.

Victor, Tonyvic and Sharpshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
Sharpshooter
Major contributor
Major contributor
Sharpshooter

Call Sign : 163-CT-329
Times Thanked : 13
QTH or Location : Deeside, Flintshire
Equipment Used : A growing list

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2023 2:35 pm

Hi Ray, I'm surprised you like the audio from the space U. I find that tiny tinny speaker annoying and have to plug in an external speaker.
Also, did you have it running full power ?
Mine annoyingly reverts to medium power if you change channel, or possibly press anything.
Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2023 5:43 pm

Sharpshooter wrote:
Hi Ray, I'm surprised you like the audio from the space U. I find that tiny tinny speaker annoying and have to plug in an external speaker.
Also, did you have it running full power ?
Mine annoyingly reverts to medium power if you change channel, or possibly press anything.

The audio is fine to my ears, but then audio can be effected by the location of the radio and our own personal taste.

I have it on low most of the time to stop it from getting to hot, but do use high if I have to. I will check the power setting when I switch channel to see if it reverts back to the programmed power setting.

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2023 11:03 pm

Hello & welcome

Here is another Ray reviews the South Coast PMR Net held on Monday 07-08-2023

or

"Did you know that on this date in 1955, Tokyo Telecommunications Engineering sold its first transistor radios in Japan"

My location was Radio Corner (JO-bb-01), Ashdown Forest 🌲 in the county of East Sussex where the weather at the start of the net, had blue skies with white fluffy clouds being blown across the sky by wind and at the end of the net a clear sky a large bright tango orange half moon 🌗 rising up from the horizon.

My set up for the night was the CRT Space U and the 1/4 wave GPA powered by a car battery.

The net is scheduled to start at 20:00 hrs or 8 o'clock 🕗 but if you have a listen before then, you could find people on air having a pre-net warm up chat.

At just before 8 o'clock, I called out and said "the gavel 🔨 has now come down and it's time to start the net". 
Here is the list of stations that called in and heard and or worked by the net.

CT 3466--Radar Ray--Ashdown Forest 🌲--East Sussex 🥇--Sometimes on a handy
CT 4013--Tony--Brighton--East Sussex--Test out the wideband function on his radio
CT 940--Richard--Reigate Hill--Surrey--Working a handy
CT 4515--John--Ashdown Forest 🌲--East Sussex--1st location of the night and visiting Radio Corner
Star Gazer--Tony--Hever--Kent--Camping
RC 402--Tom--Shooters Hill--Southeast London--Standing on a park bench using a handy
CT 1829--Dean--Edenbridge--Kent--Working a handy
GE 12--Tim--Beachy Head--East Sussex
Delta 31--Adam--Beachy Head--East Sussex--Shotgun with Tim
C V M--Nigel--Crowborough--East Sussex
KP 441--Steve--On the South Downs--East Sussex--Mobile 🚙
CT 4515--John--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex--2nd location of the night
The listening stations 👂🎧🦻 (you know who you are)
and me CT 2290--Ray--Ashdown Forest 🌲--East Sussex--In the chair 💺

Thank you all who called in and sorry if you tried and wasn't heard. Please try again another time.

Here is a bit more to my review of the CRT Space U.
Nothing to add to the pluses but something that is annoying is that you have to program 48 (3 blocks of 16) channels, so you can change from low, medium and high power.

An interesting train of conversation started with a Sparco car stereo with tape player, to tapes, Mini Discs, CD's, MP4 players, I pods, Nano players, Laser discs, DVD's and the up and coming Perseid Meteor shower.

That's it for this review, if you see any mistakes or see I've left something out, let me know and I will correct the mistake.

73 and TTFN

Ray 2290 with the pen 🖋️ and notebook 📖 .

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2023 7:47 pm

Hello all and welcome

Here is another episode of Ray reviews the Monday Night/South Coast PMR net held on the 14-08-2023

or

"Dang! I choose wrong tonight"

So on the night, I thought I would mix it up a bit and head to a different location in the heart of West Kent.
This turned out to be a BIG BIG Big mistake.
It reduced the amount of stations I could hear and who could hear me. So I had to rely on CT 3466 aka Radar Ray and CT 4515 aka John to pass people round and bring in the QSK/on the side/break break stations.

The weather in my rubbish location was blue sky with a hazy yellow sun set and a odd light shower.

The set up, in my less than ideal spot, was the CRT Space U and a 1/4 wave antenna up on a pole, all powered by a flat battery 🪫 that gave up on me about 60 minutes into the net. This left me sending a short key or 2 for yes and no.

This is my list of stations that called in and were heard and or worked by the net.

CT 1033--Chris--Tonbridge--Kent 🥇
CT 3466--Radar Ray--Ashdown Forest 🌳--East Sussex
CT 2072--Steve T & Harry--Wrotham Hill--Kent
Speed Bird--Russell--Ashdown Forest 🌳--East Sussex
CT 940--Richard--Ashdown Forest  🌳--East Sussex
KP 441--Steve--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex
Ricky on the Ridge--Hastings--East Sussex
Chris--Butts Brow--East Sussex
and me CT 2290--Ray--S##t 💩 location--Kent

Thank you all called in and a extra thank you to Radar Ray & John for running the net.
If you tried to call in and had no success, why not give it a go another time.

Just before I round up this episode of Ray reviews, here is the answer to the question posed a couple of episodes ago. The country is Tibet and it has nothing to do with China.

That's it till next time

Ray 2290 with pen and paper 📝

Victor, Tonyvic and Red Rooster LN-4614 like this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 26, 2023 7:27 am

Dedicated to Martin P (HL 026) & Mike (E500). 2 original's now silent key.

Here is another episode of Ray reviews the South Coast/Monday Night PMR net, held on 21-08-2023

or

"Which is best antenna A or antenna B?"

My location for the night was Radio Corner (yes I'm back), Ashdown 🌴 Forest in the county of East Sussex (JO-bb-01) and the set up was he CRT space U with cooling from a computer fan and 2 antennas. 1 being the 1/4 wave GPA up in the air on a pole and the other was a dual bander on a mag mount, on load from Dean CT 1829.

The net is scheduled to start at 20:00 UK 🕗 time of 19:00 🕖 UTC and can be found on channel 14, no tone and NFM.

Here is my list of station that called in and were heard and or worked by the net. All stations are 26 division unless otherwise stated.

CT 1829--Dean--Ashdown 🌴 Forest--East Sussex--🥇
CT 3466--Radar Ray--Ashdown 🌴 Forest--East Sussex
CT 2072--Steve T--Wrotham Hill--Kent
FB 228--Martin H--Hellingly--East Sussex
Mick--Tower Bridge--London--👋 welcome to the net (I think or have you been on in the distant past?)
CT 4627--Steve (Joker)--Reigate Hill--Surrey
CT 4185--Dan--Wrotham--Hill--Kent
KP 441--Steve--Alfriston--East Sussex
Speed Bird--Russell--Ashdown 🌴 Forest--East Sussex 

19 WRC--Herric--Zeeland--Netherlands 

AL 1--Allan--Redhill--Surrey--👍 using a handy in his garden
CT 9484--Mark--Haslemere--Surrey
GT 67--Dan--Crawley--West Sussex
Jake--North Chailey--East Sussex--👍 using a handy
GM 593--Graham--Rochester--Kent

14 FRS 119--Mr Jacky--Normandy--France  South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f1eb-1f1f7 

and me CT 2290--Ray--Ashdown 🌴 Forest--East Sussex--In the chair💺

Thank you to the listeners 👂 and all who called in on a busy night. Sorry if you tried and wasn't heard, please do try again another time.

Here are some of the topics of conversation on the night. DMR & Fusion radio's, the plane ✈ bounce between George TK 08 and Chris CT 4362, my antenna experiments and the orange crescent 🌒 moon setting in the West.

The results of my antenna experiments did not have a clear winner, with both good in different circumstances. So there will be another week of tests. Watch this space for some very unscientific results.

Ray 2290 with the pen and pad 📝

PS cheers if you are checking my spelling, proof reading or making sure I list all the stations.

Victor, Tonyvic and John Patrick like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 26, 2023 11:16 am

Great report there again Ray, always good to see the net activity. South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 1f44d

As ever condolences go out to SK's and their families, nice for you to mention/dedicate in respect and remembrance.

Sheesh, who's wasting their time pointing out spelling mistakes? Rolling Eyes
(Surely hard to spot amongst all the emojis! Very Happy )

Keep up the good work Ray and look forward to further reports from you....spelling mistakes, emojis and all!!
(You do a rather wonderful job of it all.)

Razz229, Tonyvic and John Patrick like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: South Coast PMR net report   South Coast PMR net report - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

South Coast PMR net report
Page 13 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next